300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeymoon over

Excellent points...is it the worst economy since the GD, or simply worse than they realized?

It was not even close to GD levels when they took over so I think that argument has no merit...worse than they thought, OK, deal with it and stop whining!!!!

Excuses wearing thin for Obama, media pals

Have you heard the news? President Obama inherited an economic mess from the Bush administration.

You say that's hardly news? But it's been the message sounded over and over by the White House. Top Obama adviser David Axelrod said on one of the Sunday news shows, "He walked in the door, we had the worst economy since the Great Depression." In San Francisco, Obama talked of being "busy with our mop." White House heavy hitter Rahm Emanuel used the worst-economy-since-the-Depression line on a public TV news show.

You'd think it's October 2008, the final month in the Obama presidential candidacy, rather than October 2009, nine months into the Obama presidency. Yet the Obama White House is in full campaign mode -- maybe because it needs to mask the shortcomings of the Obama presidency.

Take, for example, all the talk of inheriting the worst economy since the 1930s crisis. That came in response to the news that the federal deficit hit $1.4 trillion.

Yet just a few months ago, the Obama camp was singing a little different tune. It was under criticism for the $787 billion stimulus package it bulldozed through Congress on grounds that massive spending was needed to keep the unemployment rate from breaching 8 percent. When joblessness hit 9.5 percent in June, Vice President Joe Biden said, "We misread how bad the economy was."

They inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression, or the economy turned out to be worse than they thought. Which is it? It can't be both -- unless your brain is completely addled by the Obama charisma.

Obama is still popular, but polls show the public losing faith in his policies. Another indicator was a ''Saturday Night Live'' skit lampooning Obama for the major accomplishments of his administration -- "jack and squat." If the honeymoon is ending with the American voter, it isn't for obsequious elements of the mainstream media. CNN prostrated itself by fact-checking the ''SNL'' comedy skit.

But that's harmless compared to the virulent campaign against Obama critics carried out by the denizens of MSNBC. Its Obama acolytes seek to demonize opponents of Obama's policies by focusing on most marginal corners of right-wing politics like, for example, the "birthers" who deny Obama is a natural born citizen. The larger scheme is to imply Obama critics are racists.

That's the backdrop to the story of Rush Limbaugh getting booted from a group bidding to buy the St. Louis Rams. He was smeared on CNN and MSNBC with false accusations of making two racist comments. He is an abrasive critic of Obama, so he must be racist, or so goes the left-wing story line. I wouldn't defend everything Limbaugh has ever said, but lies were used to blacklist him from professional football for his political views.

Recently an MSNBC personality accused the U.S. Chamber of Commerce of lobbying for policies that amount to being "treasonous to this country." Remember how liberals roared in outrage at any hint of their patriotism being questioned for criticizing the Iraq War? Well, it's the left that doesn't shy from attacking the patriotism of those it dislikes. Recall the repulsive Moveon.org "General Betray-us" ad against Iraq commander Gen. David Petraeus. Recent opposition to Chicago's Olympic bid was cast as a sign of a lack of patriotism among Obama critics.

The MSNBC blast against the chamber appears to dovetail with what the Politico newspaper reports is a White House and Democratic effort "to marginalize" the business organization. That echoes the administration assault on the Fox News Channel: It says Fox isn't a news organization.

The White House trying to dictate who's a news organization. Democrats out to gut a business group. Obama media allies damning Americans as racist, unpatriotic and treasonous. Is this the America Obama promised when he campaigned to end the cynical and divisive politics of the past
    A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

How long diod it take for the economy to turn around after Reagan was elected President in 1980?

Comment

Don Regan to Ronald Reagan the presidential actor "speed it up"
      Ronald Reagan "Ohhhh"
      Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

Oh...no the honeymoon will never be over with these people.
        The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPat View Post
          How long diod it take for the economy to turn around after Reagan was elected President in 1980?
          Yeah right. What would you know about that period.
          The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPat View Post
            How long did Reagan **** and moan about Carter.....Reagan took office, and said "my problem to fix it"...you missed the point of the article.
            A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
              How long did Reagan **** and moan about Carter.....Reagan took office, and said "my problem to fix it"...you missed the point of the article.
              Similarly Obama has not ****ed and moaned about Bush II. Obama specifically said I take responsibility for the economy it is my job to fix it (or something like that). Obama's constituents might be complaining that the economy is Bush's fault but that is entirely different and I am rather certain that Reagan's constituents did the same thing regarding Carter.
              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

— John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen85 View Post
                Obama specifically said I take responsibility for the economy it is my job to fix it (or something like that).
                Not quite. Obama has explained the high unemployment rate and slow recovery by asserting that the economy was in worse shape than he thought when he took over. So he is implicitly blaming Bush.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Similarly Obama has not ****ed and moaned about Bush II. Obama specifically said I take responsibility for the economy it is my job to fix it (or something like that). .
                  And then the WH turns around AFTER he said that and continues to say we inherited this problem.

No Reagans people didn't, it was just not done back then. It was unwritten rule, you didn't talk bad about the prior POTUS.

Comment

...and George W Bush and George HW Bush didn't trash talk the POTUS. Carter, Clinton and Obama have no problem with it being the low class slime they are.

Comment

Pointing the blame is easy to do while running in a campaign but once you are elected into office and you push a $787 billion dollar "stimulus" telling people how important and expedient the passage on HIS bill will prevent unemployment from skyrocketing pass 8.5% and we're now expecting unemployment ot hit 10%.

Obama SHOULD have researched more into the economy's true state. When you pass a bill that is trumpeted to restore the economy, then you have to accept the blame when it fails.

Comment

Similarly Obama has not ****ed and moaned about Bush II. Obama specifically said I take responsibility for the economy it is my job to fix it (or something like that). .
                        Oh you've got to be kidding.

Comment

Ok whatever you guys are right Barack Obama sucks and is going to wreck this country hardcore. Reagan was the best President ever and had a huge schlong. Happy?
                          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

— John Stuart Mill

Comment

Ok whatever you guys are right Barack Obama sucks and is going to wreck this country hardcore. Reagan was the best President ever and had a huge schlong. Happy?
                            He does suck and is wrecking the country, but come on. You really trying to tell us that Obama hasn't blamed Bush for everything. I hear it all the time along with the apologies to the world.

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o View Post
                              He does suck and is wrecking the country, but come on. You really trying to tell us that Obama hasn't blamed Bush for everything. I hear it all the time along with the apologies to the world.
                              I think the whole thing should be approached rationally. I know this is a high expectation for an internet forum. Obama has undoubtedly blamed the previous administrations for some problems both directly and indirectly, but to be fair the previous administration is to blame either partly or in whole for some of our current problems or are you of the persuasion that the previous 8 years was a flawless example of governance?

— John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5763 users online. 329 members and 5434 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X