300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mis-speaked .... again.

Hillary must crave to someday live through a life-threatening situtaion so she earns bragging rights. (Little does she know what that entails, but ....)

After landing in Bosnia under sniper fire, we now find she and Bill stayed in an Irish hotel when it got bombed.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6880006.ece

Hillary Clinton has been caught out “mis-speaking” again in a manner that suggests that she hasn’t learnt from past experiences of her globe-trotting, “lily-gilding” speeches.

The US Secretary of State was exposed during her battle with Barack Obama to become the Democratic presidential nominee over her claims to have landed in Bosnia under sniper fire.

She was even described as “a wee bit silly” for claiming greater credit than was her due for the Irish peace process, having made several visits to Northern Ireland as First Lady.

She was back in Belfast last week, giving a gentle push to politicians dragging their heels over a final piece in the peace process jigsaw.

But according to the Sunday Life newspaper, during a speech she made to the Stormont parliament she said that Belfast’s landmark Europa Hotel was devastated by an explosion when she first stayed there in 1995.

The Europa, where most journalists covering the decades-long conflict stayed, was famed as Europe’s most bombed hotel, earning the moniker “the Hardboard Hotel”.

However, the last Provisional IRA bomb to damage the Europa was detonated in 1993, two years before President Clinton and his wife checked in for the night.

The last time the Europa underwent renovations because of bomb blast damage was in January 1994, 22 months before the presidential entourage booked 110 rooms at the hotel.

Mrs Clinton told assembled politicians at Stormont: “When Bill and I first came to Belfast we stayed at the Europa Hotel ... even though then there were sections boarded up because of damage from bombs.”

During the presidential campaign Mrs Clinton drew on her Bosnia experience, saying: ”I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport but we just ran with our heads down to get in the vehicles to get to our base" ......
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Maybe that was what Bill told her. Maybe the boarded up sections are where Bill was hiding his playmates.

Seriously, after this, if she is "lucky" enough to have a close shave with death, I doubt anybody would believe her at this point. Oh sure, Like Bosnia and Ireland...Uh Huh.
    Jubilant Patriotic Republican

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

The Clintons are incapable of telling the truth. Sadly, this story isn't at all surprising.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I thought the media, especially the foreign media, had a liberal bias. I guess the newspapers owned by Rupert Murdoch didn't get the memo instructing them to have a liberal bias.
        Last edited by Citizen85; 10-20-2009, 02:58 PM.
        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

— John Stuart Mill

Comment

Makes me wonder if Roger Clemens is giving her advice.
          Who can forget "Miss Remember"

I'm so tired of Politicians.
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3097 users online. 173 members and 2924 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X