X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adolf Hitler was one of history's "best minds."

Glenn Beck thinks Adolf Hitler was one of history's "best minds."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/200910160018

Hitler was an evil genius. And stop getting your facts from crap such as media matters.

Comment

Apparently media matters didnt watch the whole show and see that Beck was comparing how saying that Mao was great (a quote from one of the White Houses own people) was about like him saying htat. Sarcasm stumps the liberals.

Comment

Knock it off man, you're making us liberals look bad!...
        sigpic

Comment

Sarcasm stumps the liberals.
          That is too funny
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by FredFlash View Post

Glenn Beck thinks Adolf Hitler was one of history's "best minds."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/200910160018
            Yawn...

Obama was talking about health control and said, "death panels".
            "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by centurion229 View Post
              Apparently media matters didnt watch the whole show and see that Beck was comparing how saying that Mao was great (a quote from one of the White Houses own people) was about like him saying htat. Sarcasm stumps the liberals.
              Did you read the link? They weren't taking a quote form his show. They took a quote from his 2003 book The Real America. They mentioned this quote to highlight Beck's hypocrisy on the issue. Notice that the first sentence of the article reads "Given Glenn Beck's specious attacks on Anita Dunn's statements on Mao Zedong, it seems noteworthy that in his 2003 book, The Real America, Beck wrote..." Beck blasted the White House communications aide for supposedly idolizing Mao Tse Tsung and praising his actions (which she never dius) by highlighting her mention of Chairman Mao in a speech. Yet he made a similar comment regarding Adolf Hitler Hitler in his own book. Nobody is saying that he was actually praising Hitlers atrocities or idolizing the man, but he is being a hypocrite for blasting Anne Dunn for making a similar comment in similar context about Mao.

It is even more ironic is, as you say, Mr Beck actually said on his show that Ms. Dunn's comment was like him making a comment about Adolf Hitler. Beck did make an exact such comment in his book. Glenn Beck is the consummate liar and hypocrite.

Media Matters is spot on in pointing outt this bit of hypocrisy from Glenn Beck.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahawks398 View Post
                Hitler was an evil genius. And stop getting your facts from crap such as media matters.
                Media Matters does have an agenda, which they do not hide. They show their bias in that they do not fact-check liberal commentators, only conservative ones. However, when they do fact check Conservative statements they are generally spot on and accurate, and the do a pretty good job of research, Media Matters certainly has a far better record for accuracy and truthfulness than Woldnetdaily, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Youtuibe videos, anonymous right wing blog posts, and chain e-mails that others like to post so much on this forum (often without acknowledging teh original source).

Comment

Show me in the text where what mediamatters is saying is said. To make it easy, here's the pages they were quoting....

Originally posted by The Real America Pgs 210-211
                  Why I Am a Mormon

Growing up Catholic in my family, there were questions you don't ask because "the devil is making you question this" or you'd get my favorite answer: "It's a mystery." Now in my thirties, I realized that I really didn't know God at all on a personal level. I only believed in God because someone told me He existed. And I was no longer afraid of questioning.

I wish I were the president, just for the 747 and the cabinet I could assemble. I would have the best minds that I could find with a special eye out for those people who would vehemently disagree with each other. I'd let them argue it out and just listen. Well, I'm not the president so the jet doesn't take off when I tell it to and I can't hire great minds to argue.

So, I did the next best thing, I drove to the bookstore. Here is who I put on my "book cabinet": I got Alan Dershowitz. He's opinionated, obnoxious and at times-when he's not talking about the OJ Simpson case-he makes a good point. Let's see, let's put him in a room with... Adolf Hitler. I'd love to see those guys go at it. So next: Hitler's Mein Kampf. The something by Pope John Paul, along with Carl Sagan. I looked really hard, who else would I like to see in a room together? Hey, how about Nietzsche and Billy Graham? Yeah!

I thought it all made sense and was cool until I got to the checkout counter. I will never forget the look on the woman's face or her comments as she scanned the bar codes "Oh! Alan Dershowitz! That's a great book (Boop!) Okay, Pope John Paul (boop!)... and Nietzsche... interesting. (Boop!)... Adolf Hitler... Uh...(boop!) Thank you!"

As I saw the freakish collection of titles pass through this woman's hands I realized I was assembling the library of a serial killer! This is what Hannibal Lecter reads. I began to imagine that the FBI databanks were being alerted as to my location. "Oh, one more thing, do you have a copy of The Catcher in the Rye?"

Meanwhile, my quiet little friend Pat was still saying, "Glenn, if you're looking for answers I have some for you."

"No thanks, Pat! You Mormons are freaks!"

Really? Which sick freak is reading Mein Kampf?

First to speak on my book council was Carl Sagan, who's an atheist. He took organized religion apart, and did it very well. He talked about the power and the manipulation and the greed, and I said to myself, "Now, there's a point of view I've never really considered. I've never considered atheism. Maybe there is no God. Maybe I'll try this on." That's the kind of world I live in. I try things on. I immerse myself in things, then pick them apart from the inside.

So I tried on atheism. I said to God, "I don't know if you exist. I do know, however, that if you were really our 'Father in Heaven' that you would leave breadcrumbs for your children to find their way back. Why would you erase your tracks. If you exist, I will find you, because you would want me to find you."

My path, my spiritual journey ended up taking me to Yale. There were too many questions that I couldn't figure out without some kind of structured study.
                  Pretty big leap to make the point you guys are making...
                  Originally posted by kontemplerande
                  Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                    Show me in the text where what mediamatters is saying is said. To make it easy, here's the pages they were quoting....

Pretty big leap to make the point you guys are making...
                    Not really. It is obvious that Beck was not "worshiping" Hitler or praising his atrocities in that passage. It is also obvious that in the speech made by White House communications assistant Anne Dunn that she was not "worshiping" Chairman Mao or praising atrocities under his rule (which is what Beck devoted almost an entire show to claiming). They were simply pointing out the stupidity and hypocrisy of Beck's argument.

Note the first sentence of the article: "Given Glenn Beck's specious attacks on Anita Dunn's statements on Mao Zedong, it seems noteworthy that in his 2003 book, The Real America, Beck wrote..."

Comment

Glenn Beck wrote in his book that he would want Adolph Hitler in his cabinet, if Beck were ever elected President of the U. S.

Comment

Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

http://mediamatters.org/p/about_us/

Why isn't there a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) conservative research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting progressive misinformation in the U.S. media?
                        Last edited by FredFlash; 10-17-2009, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Glenn Beck wrote in his book that he would want Adolph Hitler in his cabinet, if Beck were ever elected President of the U. S.
                          I heard he makes funny noises with his nose when he sleeps to...

Oh, and by the way. Hitler was one of historys greatest minds. He just chose to use it for evil.

If you listen to what he is saying rather than pick apart a sentence you will understand his point, but that would defeat your purpose.

Nobody is saying that he was actually praising Hitlers atrocities or idolizing the man, but he is being a hypocrite for blasting Anne Dunn for making a similar comment in similar context about Mao.
                          And? Is this the next level above calling him a poopy head.
                          Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

http://mediamatters.org/p/about_us/

Why isn't there a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) conservative research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting progressive misinformation in the U.S. media?
                            What better way to promote your site than to create "misinformation" to post about?
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Smurfette
                            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                            Originally posted by DAL
                            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                              What better way to promote your site than to create "misinformation" to post about?
                              Here's an example of Faux News "misinformation":

Sean Hannity repeatedly ignored evidence to falsely claim that Jennings, director of the Department of Education's Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools, ignored the statutory rape of a 15-year-old student, even advancing the falsehood after the claim had been widely debunked. Fox News hosts Bill Hemmer and Bret Baier also advanced this smear. Additionally, Hannity and Fox News contributor Kirsten Powers also smeared Jennings -- who counseled someone who was of age at the time and who has said he did not have a sexual relationship -- with the outrageous suggestion that he is comparable to film director Roman Polanski, who was charged with rape and pleaded guilty to having sex with a girl who was 13 at the time after allegedly plying her with drugs and alcohol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4674 users online. 256 members and 4418 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X