300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharia Law is great for women

Miss Mogahed, appointed to the President’s (that would be President Obama so it can't be blamed on Bush ) Council on Faith-Based and Neighbourhood Partnerships, said the Western view of Sharia was “oversimplified” and the majority of women around the world associate it with “gender justice”.

The White House adviser made the remarks on a London-based TV discussion programme hosted by Ibtihal Bsis, a member of the extremist Hizb ut Tahrir party. The group believes in the non-violent destruction of Western democracy and the creation of an Islamic state under Sharia Law across the world.

Miss Mogahed appeared alongside Hizb ut Tahrir’s national women’s officer, Nazreen Nawaz.
    During the 45-minute discussion, on the Islam Channel programme Muslimah Dilemma earlier this week, the two members of the group made repeated attacks on secular “man-made law” and the West’s “lethal cocktail of liberty and capitalism”.

They called for Sharia Law to be “the source of legislation” and said that women should not be “permitted to hold a position of leadership in government”

So another one of Obama’s picks has a rather unique concept of what America should be.

On second thought, given the antics and viewpoints of women like Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein, Moseley-Braun, Snowe, Carolyn McCarthy (to name a few), I can almost agree with the last assertion they make.
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
    [I][B]........During the 45-minute discussion, on the Islam Channel programme Muslimah Dilemma earlier this week, the two members of the group made repeated attacks on secular “man-made law” and the West’s “lethal cocktail of liberty and capitalism”....................
    That "lethal cocktail" has brought great wealth to the Middle East. I wonder how many people over there have ever stopped to think that it was Western Civilization that invented the internal combustion engine. Western Civilization that discovered oil in the Middle East. Western Civilization that figured out how to get the oil out of the ground. Western Civilization that got the oil out of the ground. Western Civilization that allowed them to keep their sovereignty and their treasure of oil (as opposed to making the area the 51st, 52nd, and 53rd states of the United States.) They should take a look at the standard of living that wealth has brought them and thank us for all we've done for them.

Another thing. I'd like to know where Sharia Law is working well. Everywhere I've seen it has been a hell hole.

If she truly believes Sharia Law is so wonderful and our system is a lethal cocktail, why is she in the USA? She should go live in one of those hell holes that practice Sharia Law.

The president must be proud of her. She shares his "ashamed of America" attitude.

They called for Sharia Law to be “the source of legislation” and said that women should not be “permitted to hold a position of leadership in government”
    If she believes that, shouldn't she resign her position and ask Obama to replace her with a man?
    Last edited by JPR; 10-10-2009, 09:08 AM.
    Jubilant Patriotic Republican

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

Originally posted by hankido2000
      Many majority Muslim countries have a dual system in which the government is secular but Muslims can choose to bring familial and financial disputes to sharia courts. The exact jurisdiction of these courts varies from country to country, but usually includes marriage, divorce, inheritance, and guardianship.
      What kind of Sharia Law would you like to see here?

Comment

Seems to me like you're trying to put a smiley face on it.

Comment

Many majority Muslim countries have a dual system in which the government is secular but Muslims can choose to bring familial and financial disputes to sharia courts. The exact jurisdiction of these courts varies from country to country, but usually includes marriage, divorce, inheritance, and guardianship.

In those Muslim countries where Islam is the official religion listed in the constitution, sharia is declared to be a source, or the source, of the laws. Examples include Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Yemen, and the United Arab Emirates, where the governments derive their legitimacy from Islam. In Pakistan, Egypt, Iran, and Iraq, among others, it is also forbidden to enact legislation that is antithetical to Islam. Saudi employs one of the strictest interpretations of sharia. Also, Saudi is only country that prohibits women from driving. Elsewhere, governments are much more lenient, as in the Bahrain and United Arab Emirates, where alcohol is tolerated. Non-Muslims are not expected to obey sharia and in most countries, they are the jurisdiction of special committees and adjunct courts under the control of the government.
          Is there a point to be made here? If there is I'm not getting it.

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

I am just talking about how sharia is on the ground, nothing more, nothing less. Putting a “smiley face” on it played no part in anything I have written – I am writing about the reality of how sharia is used in the Muslim world. In no way have I ever implied that I would want any aspect of sharia law in the United States – I challenge you to find any place in any my posts that implied this.

Either develop some academic integrity or learn to read more carefully.
            Why not follow your own advice? I call BS on your motives, it makes no sense. It's like someone posting about Nazis and someone posting about how well it actually worked. Ain't buying it.

Comment

Sounds like you have a personal problem and you're reading things that aren't there.
              You mean like when you claimed that Shia and Sunni conflicts are political, not religious?

Comment

Come on, Jasper just stay on topic and off the personal attack. How can you derive the intention of a person without them saying that is what they want here. Look I think any government that is setup based on religion is "BS" as you would say. There, what am I implying now? If you have a man that is mentally disturbed and a woman who is not mentally disturbed then I think the best choice would be to go with the woman. That is why I don't believe in any religion telling me any nonsense about what limitations women should have. What are my implications here?

Is it possible to focus on what was type rather than the "oh dear you post this" you must feel and/or agree with it even though you never typed it.
                Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

Yes, like that. It’s political like I said.
                  That's what I mean, you're putting a smilie face on Islamo-fascism. It's religion gone wrong no matter how you spin it.

Comment

It's a screwed up religion and they all live in dirtbag hell and treat their women like crap.

Comment

Such a generalized statement.
                      No, more like brief and to the point.
                      sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

In those Muslim countries where Islam is the official religion listed in the constitution, sharia is declared to be a source, or the source, of the laws. Examples include Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Yemen, and the United Arab Emirates, where the governments derive their legitimacy from Islam. In Pakistan, Egypt, Iran, and Iraq, among others, it is also forbidden to enact legislation that is antithetical to Islam. Saudi employs one of the strictest interpretations of sharia. Also, Saudi is only country that prohibits women from driving. Elsewhere, governments are much more lenient, as in the Bahrain and United Arab Emirates, where alcohol is tolerated. Non-Muslims are not expected to obey sharia and in most countries, they are the jurisdiction of special committees and adjunct courts under the control of the government.
                        Thanks, that was informative and interesting.
                        "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

Miss Mogahed appeared alongside Hizb ut Tahrir’s national women’s officer, Nazreen Nawaz.
                          During the 45-minute discussion, on the Islam Channel programme Muslimah Dilemma earlier this week, the two members of the group made repeated attacks on secular “man-made law” and the West’s “lethal cocktail of liberty and capitalism”.

They called for Sharia Law to be “the source of legislation” [U][B]and said that women should not be “permitted to hold a position of leadership in government”
                          Is there a transcript of the program? And is "Hizb ut Tahrir’s national women’s officer, Nazreen Nawaz" a woman? And is that a position of leadership in government? Seems kind of ...odd or contradictory, but I don't know that the title means.
                          "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

There is no such thing as a perfect religion... that goes for Christianity too. Our Founding Fathers (which some on this board know all so well) knew the flaws of religious law. That is why there is a separation of church and state. Any religion can be radicalized through misinterpretation and misleading.

Shria Law and the Islamic faith is no more screwed up then Christianity, Hinduism, or Scientology.

I just want to know where all this religious superiority comes from?
                            "Against the machinations of your enemies you can take defense, but against the stupidity of fools, the very gods themselves fight in vain" ~ Johann C.F. Von Schiller

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons, gullibility, which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck."
                            --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Such a generalized statement.

In many Arab counties, women hold ministry and governmental level positions. Bahrain's king recently appointed a Jewish woman as the country's ambassador to the United States. Prior she served as a legislator in Bahrain's 40-member Shura Council for three years and is head of the Bahrain Human Rights Watch.
                              It seems that Miss Mogahed should go over to Bahrain and lecture the king that he should not put women into governmental leadership roles. I'm sure He'd appreciate that admonition .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5260 users online. 266 members and 4994 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X