X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News???

Good news for Obama and his fans alike.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifes...rpc=22&sp=true

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) - The United States is the most admired country globally thanks largely to the star power of President Barack Obama and his administration, according to a new poll.

It climbed from seventh place last year, ahead of France, Germany, the United Kingdom and Japan which completed the top five nations in the Nation Brand Index (NBI).

"What's really remarkable is that in all my years studying national reputation, I have never seen any country experience such a dramatic change in its standing as we see for the United States for 2009," said Simon Anholt, the founder of NBI, which measured the global image of 50 countries each year.

He believes that during the previous administration of George W. Bush the United States suffered in the world ranking with its unpopular foreign policies but since Obama was elected, and despite the recent economic turmoil, the country's status has risen globally.

"There is no other explanation," Anholt said in an interview, referring to the impact of Obama.

Bad news for America.

/Hat tip to the Nuze/

"We go back to the Pew Research poll conducted in Europe in 2008. That poll showed that nearly 60% of Europeans wanted the United States to be weaker. They didn't like the US being as strong in economic and worldwide political affairs as we were.

Soooooo ... along comes Barack Obama, and at every turn he projects American weakness. He trashes the European missile defense system. He kowtows to Russia's Putin. He absolutely fails to take a strong stance on Iran and their nuclear ambitions. He disengages from Iraq and continues to show indecisiveness in Afghanistan. He shrinks at the sight of Hugo Chavez. He won't meet with the Dalai Lama because it might make the Chinese mad.

Weakness at every turn ... just exactly what the respondents to the poll said they wanted! A weaker United States!

So now our popularity in Europe is on the way up! Really tough to figure out why, isn't it?"

We're weak- they like us. Of course, the problems that will cause.... who cares- we are winning the popularity contest.
    Last edited by FNA209; 10-07-2009, 04:44 AM.
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

[/quote]
    Bad news for America.

/Hat tip to the Nuze/

"We go back to the Pew Research poll conducted in Europe in 2008. That poll showed that nearly 60% of Europeans wanted the United States to be weaker. They didn't like the US being as strong in economic and worldwide political affairs as we were.

Soooooo ... along comes Barack Obama, and at every turn he projects American weakness. He trashes the European missile defense system. He kowtows to Russia's Putin. He absolutely fails to take a strong stance on Iran and their nuclear ambitions. He disengages from Iraq and continues to show indecisiveness in Afghanistan. He shrinks at the sight of Hugo Chavez. He won't meet with the Dalai Lama because it might make the Chinese mad.

Weakness at every turn ... just exactly what the respondents to the poll said they wanted! A weaker United States!

So now our popularity in Europe is on the way up! Really tough to figure out why, isn't it?"

We're weak- they like us. Of course, the problems that will cause.... who cares- we are winning the popularity contest. [/QUOTE]

What blog did this crap come from?

You left the best part out from the actual news article.
    He believes that during the previous administration of George W. Bush the United States suffered in the world ranking with its unpopular foreign policies but since Obama was elected, and despite the recent economic turmoil, the country's status has risen globally.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifes...rpc=22&sp=true
    Last edited by livestrong6; 10-07-2009, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I just knew you'd be the first cheerleader to chime in. As a matter of fact, maybe that's what I'll call you from now on.

We have a First Lady.

We have two First Daughters.

A First Dog.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce "livestrong6" - the First Cheerleader.

You could probably get stimulus money if you play it up right. Heck, you could probably create an entire cheering squad.
      "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
        "We go back to the Pew Research poll conducted in Europe in 2008. That poll showed that nearly 60% of Europeans wanted the United States to be weaker.
        Would you be so kind as to go to the Pew Research Center's list of 2008 reports and find the link to this poll?

Comment

"There is no other explanation," Anholt said in an interview, referring to the impact of Obama.
          I guess we can all sleep better now. Maybe we can join the EU soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post
            Would you be so kind as to go to the Pew Research Center's list of 2008 reports and find the link to this poll?
            How's this one:
            http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1059/glo...ion-bush-years

Granted it doesn't come straight out and say the other countries wish we were weaker, but it does say the other countries hold a negative opinion of our use of force comparing us to the schoolyard bully. If we were weaker we wouldn't be able to project that force.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

Why deny? Obama has helped our world image. LOL still bitter for something that benefits the country this is pretty funny. America is a member of the international community not the ruler of it. That IS the truth. The big stick policy will not work against the world community.
              Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                Granted it doesn't come straight out and say the other countries wish we were weaker,
                No, it doesn't. Nor do the numbers of Europeans holding an unfavorable view of the US average out to 60%

...but it does say the other countries hold a negative opinion of our use of force comparing us to the schoolyard bully.
                Pew says "discontent with U.S. foreign policy". Foreign policy includes, we hope, much more than the use of force.

If we were weaker we wouldn't be able to project that force.
                Thats true, but it's quite a stretch to infer that Europeans want us to be weaker. The author of the original piece, Neal Boortz, was faking his facts.

Comment

Let's face it, folks. We suck. Thee First Cheerleader says so, so it must be true.

The All New
                  BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                  Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                  - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

edit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by livestrong6; 10-07-2009, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
                      I just knew you'd be the first cheerleader to chime in. As a matter of fact, maybe that's what I'll call you from now on.

We have a First Lady.

We have two First Daughters.

A First Dog.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce "livestrong6" - the First Cheerleader.

You could probably get stimulus money if you play it up right. Heck, you could probably create an entire cheering squad.
                      Let me award you. Your second Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie (AFDB)
                      http://www.ask.com/bar?q=tin+foil+ha...et%2Fafdb.html

and I would also like to add that you by far have taken your news publishing skills from Fox (if you want to call it news)News school of misinformation. You and the other right wing nut jobs on this site have learned well. Nice try.

I did get some stimulus money. President Bush thought it would help the economy. Yet, it drove it deeper into a recession. All it did was help me buy my 50" plasma from the 42 I was looking at!

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                        Let's face it, folks. We suck. Thee First Cheerleader says so, so it must be true.

Having inferior feelings is a workable situation trooper. You shouldn't feel that you "SUCK", that's not a good feeling to have. You should regroup yourself and engage in situation that you are not challenged at. So you can feel you have a chance to win. Good luck in trying to recover your mental capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by livestrong6 View Post

Let me award you. Your second Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie (AFDB)
                          http://www.ask.com/bar?q=tin+foil+ha...et%2Fafdb.html
                          You are way behind the times. We don't wear tin foil anymore. It's not effective against the new government systems they have. We now use

You need to stay up with the current technology if you want to block the liberals.

And actually, I'm hiring a cheering squad also. Of course it's an anti-Obama cheering squad. We obviously won't get any federal money as I think ACORN and all of its sister organizations have drained that fund. My sqaud will have the likes of cheerleaders like this:

They'll all be fit, happy, and healthy... with jobs.

If you manage to put together a squad of liberals using the mantra of diversity and inclusion, it'll probably look like this:

Wait... I think one of Obama's czars is in that picture.

Of course, this post will probably result in the thread being deleted.

Comment

No, it doesn't. Nor do the numbers of Europeans holding an unfavorable view of the US average out to 60%
                            The only European country with a favorable opinion of the US in the original piece is Poland. Other than that you'd have to look at Southeast Asia to find a majority positive opinion.

Pew says "discontent with U.S. foreign policy". Foreign policy includes, we hope, much more than the use of force.
                            Well if you're going to attempt to correct me using quotes put up the whole quote. The report reads, "Mounting discontent with U.S. foreign policy over the last eight years has translated into a concern about American power. In the view of much of the world, the United States has played the role of bully in the school yard, throwing its weight around with little regard for others’ interests." As I stated in my original post the project does not come straight out and say it, but it is definitely inferred.

Thats true, but it's quite a stretch to infer that Europeans want us to be weaker. The author of the original piece, Neal Boortz, was faking his facts.
                            If our country receives a negative rating because Europe is concerned about "American power" and the comparison of America to a schoolyard bully is made what does that lead you to believe? Do you think Europe wants us to be more powerful or less powerful? The assertion that Boortz wrote the piece is interesting. Do you work for Pew? The reason I ask is Boortz's name is no where on the published work. The listed contacts are, Andrew Kohut, President, Richard Wike, Associate Director, Erin Carriere-Kretschmer, Senior Researcher, and Kathleen Holzwart, Research Analyst.

Here's the link to the original full length report:
                            http://pewglobal.org/reports/pdf/263.pdf
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6248 users online. 353 members and 5895 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X