300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge orders discovery???

Don't know if this is true, but I just found an article which stated the Judge in the "birther suit" against Obama ordered discovery. Allegedly -

Obama Birth Cert-Judge David Carter orders discovery.
    What Obama must produce, Has Just 30 Days.

1 Certified copy of original birth certificate
    2 Columbia University transcripts
    3 Columbia thesis paper
    4 Campaign donor analysis requested by 7 major watchd…og groups
    5 Harvard University transcripts
    6 Illinois State Senate records
    7 Illinois State Senate schedule
    8 Law practice client list and billing records/summary
    9 Locations and names of all half-siblings and step-mother
    10 Medical records (only the one page summary released so far)
    11 Occidental College Transcripts
    12 Parent’s marriage Certificate
    13 Record of baptism
    14 Selective Service registration records
    15 Schedules for trips outside of the United States before 2007
    16 Passport records for all passports
    17 Scholarly articles
    18 SAT and LSAT test scores
    19 Access to his grandmother in Kenya
    20 List of all campaign workers that are lobbyists
    21 Punahou grade school records
    22 Noelani Kindergarten records are oddly missing from the the State of Hawaii Department of Education.

If it's true, it may prove interesting. I don't believe it'll make any difference, but...
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

More then Likely it's not true because you didn't bother posting the link.

Comment

Originally posted by livestrong6 View Post
      More then Likely it's not true because you didn't bother posting the link.
      Well, I saw it on another LE forum. I didn't link that forum on this one because that one is still relatively clear of liberals. I'd get banned from it if some of the frequent posters here started going there.

Since there was no link posted on the information in the thread over there, I noted in my post here that I couldn't prove it. I suppose you could do a search if you are that interested in disproving it instead of taking a back-hand swat at me. Nah... what am I thinking?

Or we can wait and see what comes up on the subject in the next few days. Regardless, there are probably some people around here a bit more interested in it than you. Even an alleged story may give them hope for change. And that's what the last election was all about so if the story is true or false, it's still all about Obama. And that's what's important.... isn't it?
      Last edited by FNA209; 10-06-2009, 05:25 AM.
      "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

No decision for birthers on proof of Obama's citizenship
        October 5, 3:57 PM San Diego County Political Buzz Examiner Kimberly Dvorak

In a Santa Ana, California Federal Court today, Judge David Carter put off ruling on President Obama’s birth certificate. At the end of the two-hour hearing there was no ruling on the Motion to Dismiss or the plaintiff’s bid to grant discovery leaving only a glimmer of hope this case will move forward.

The plaintiff’s and their supporters were understandably disappointed. “The powers that be must have got to the judge,” says Neil Turner, who attended the hearing. “It’s just more of the same.”

Judge Carter cited the need to sort out all the complex legal issues and consider all the arguments carefully before he was prepared to render his decision.

The plaintiff’s attorney, Gary Kreep, argued the case does not involve impeachment because they claim Obama has entered into office unlawfully which should make this ruling easier.

The court is now in recess until the Judge Carter makes his decision. The case could take 24-hours to 24 months to come to a conclusion.

Today’s lack of finality has sent some birthers to seek their justice in a criminal court room. “We are not going away and will not stop until we have the truth,” Turner finished.

www.examiner.com
        sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I really hope some judge has the balls to make this arrogant Jerk produce the documents. John McCain went through it and it was reviewed by members of Congress. On the other side I think if there was really something to find the Clintons would have come up with it but I just want someone have him actually follow his transparency pledge.

This has to be the most corrupt administration to ever come down the pike.

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
            Don't know if this is true, but I just found an article which stated the Judge in the "birther suit" against Obama ordered discovery. Allegedly -

Obama Birth Cert-Judge David Carter orders discovery.
            What Obama must produce, Has Just 30 Days.

1 Certified copy of original birth certificate
            2 Columbia University transcripts
            3 Columbia thesis paper
            4 Campaign donor analysis requested by 7 major watchd…og groups
            5 Harvard University transcripts
            6 Illinois State Senate records
            7 Illinois State Senate schedule
            8 Law practice client list and billing records/summary
            9 Locations and names of all half-siblings and step-mother
            10 Medical records (only the one page summary released so far)
            11 Occidental College Transcripts
            12 Parent’s marriage Certificate
            13 Record of baptism
            14 Selective Service registration records
            15 Schedules for trips outside of the United States before 2007
            16 Passport records for all passports
            17 Scholarly articles
            18 SAT and LSAT test scores
            19 Access to his grandmother in Kenya
            20 List of all campaign workers that are lobbyists
            21 Punahou grade school records
            22 Noelani Kindergarten records are oddly missing from the the State of Hawaii Department of Education.

If it's true, it may prove interesting. I don't believe it'll make any difference, but...
            I would assume that this would be false since everything on that list aside from teh birth certificate is completely irrelevant to determining citizenship. (accept maybe Item 12, but that would only be relevant if he were born abroad).

Medical Records? Kindergarten records? Do these birthers realize how ridiculous they sound?
            Last edited by BigPat; 10-06-2009, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPat View Post
              I would assume that this would be false since everything on that list aside from teh birth certificate is completely irrelevant to determining citizenship. (accept maybe Item 12, but that would only be relevant if he were born abroad).
              In this situation even 12 would be irrelevant. marriage has nothing to do with the citizenship of most people. There is a very small minority of people it does effect, but not at the time when Barry was born.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

College records could be very important if went through as a forgien student.
                Also his passport records since he traveled to Pakistan when American citizens weren't to go there.
                Last edited by dadyswat; 10-06-2009, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I personally don't care if he is a Kenyan or not... I don't care for him because he is an America-hating Marxist.

On the other hand, I would be hard pressed to find most of those items... Glad I don't have to prove that I am native born!
                  Lighten up Francis!

Comment

Judge delays ruling on dismissal of Wiley Drake's 'birther' case

http://www.abpnews.com/index.php?opt...4463&Itemid=53
                    By Bob Allen
                    Tuesday, October 06, 2009

SANTA ANA, Calif. (ABP) -- A federal judge heard arguments for three hours Oct. 5 about whether or not he should dismiss a lawsuit questioning Barack Obama's birthplace and the legitimacy of his presidency. In the end, U.S. District Court Judge David Carter decided not to rule immediately, saying he needed more time to consider arguments made both during the hearing and in written documents.

Carter did refuse, however, to grant a motion by former Southern Baptist Convention second vice president Wiley Drake and another plaintiff in the suit to separate their case from other plaintiffs represented by Orly Taitz, a California lawyer, dentist and real-estate agent they fired as their attorney in July.

Drake's new lawyer, Gary Kreep, executive director of the United States Justice Foundation, told the pro-"birther" website Give Us Liberty that whether the judge will allow the case to move forward is "all up in the air."

"I would have expected the judge would have decided by now but he made it very clear that he's taking it under submission and he will issue a decision sometime this week, and we're just now in waiting mode," Kreep said. "No matter what happens in this decision the loser I'm sure will appeal."
                    Wiley Drake is interviewed on Give Us Liberty after a hearing on his lawsuit challenging the legitimacy of Barack Obama's presidency.

Observers in the courtroom said in Internet reports that the tone of Carter's questioning made it appear he was leaning toward dismissal. Several other lawsuits challenging Obama's eligibility to be president have been dismissed, and the birther movement has pinned its hopes on this one.

Whether the case moves forward hinges on two issues. One is "justiciability." The Constitution vests sole power to impeach a sitting president with Congress, and government lawyers say it is not up to the courts to decide.

The second is standing. A plaintiff claiming harm must prove that the harm is not "speculative and hypothetical." During the hearing the judge commented several times that he was most concerned about standing.

Drake claims harm because he was Alan Keyes' running mate in California for the American Independent Party in the 2008 election. After the hearing Drake, pastor of First Southern Baptist Church of Buena Park, Calif., voiced displeasure with Carter. Drake told Give Us Liberty that after previously saying it was important for both parties and the nation to resolve the issue on its merits, the judge now is waffling over technicalities.

Taitz has become something of a mini-celebrity in recent months, appearing on cable-television news shows to defend her charge that Obama was actually born in Kenya -- and therefore ineligible for the Constitution's requirement that the president be a "natural-born" American citizen. She has produced a succession of documents, alleging each time that it is Obama's actual Kenyan birth certificate. Their authenticity has been widely discredited.

Obama has posted online images of his birth certificate, showing that he was born in Hawaii to an American mother and Kenyan father. Independent journalists and fact-checking groups have examined it and affirmed that it appears authentic. Hawaiian state officials -- including the state's Republican governor -- have also indicated that the document is official.

But that hasn't stopped conspiracy theorists who believe Obama is attempting to hide the truth about his background. Taitz said she believes something has occurred to influence the judge to change his mind.

"It was not the same Judge Carter that I've seen in July and not the same Judge Carter that I've seen in September," she told Give Us Liberty. In those hearings, she said, Carter assured the plaintiffs their case would be decided on merits and not dismissed over a technicality like standing.

"It looked and sounded [like] there was some kind of influence, because he spoke completely differently from the way he spoke in July and September," she said.
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

That is a misleading article. The only certificate Barry has produced is from 2007. It is asserted by the State of Hawaii that a 1961 certificate exists and has been been examined and been determined to be authentic by Hawaiian Officials, but that by Hawaiian law, it may not be released without Barry's consent. Apparently no-one in the media is allowed to confront him in public on live TV about why he hasn't issued that consent. Why does Barry silently decline to release the original certificate?

Comment

Because it is senseless.

I must say good luck to all the crazies with this nonsense.
                        Last edited by E3CSHARP; 10-06-2009, 06:15 PM.
                        Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Code Seven
                          Would you rather...

be glad you don't have to prove that you're native born, or

be glad you are the President of the United States?
                          Luckily I'm just a boob cop from a ridiculously small department who will never have to face that dilemma.

But - if I was president I would invite more cops to the White House for beer!
                          Lighten up Francis!

Comment

Originally posted by E3CSHARP View Post
                            Because it is senseless.

I must say good luck to all the crazies with this nonsense.
                            Actually I believe there are only two valid reasons that he would not:

1.) Because he was born in Kenya, or went to college as a national from another country and he wants to avoid the constitutional nightmare...or unemployment, or

2.) Because it keeps people from digging into verifiable nightmare stuff, like the government taking over a big chunk of the auto industry, the insurance industry, the banking industry, the government controlling salaries of the executives of said industries, the government in bed with ACORN, the wasting of billions of dollars on pork for democrat special interests, broken promises about Gitmo, Iraq, Afghanistan, Unemployment, Spending, Earmarks, Lobbyists, ad infinitum.

Just my 2 cents...

BOWG
                            Lighten up Francis!

Comment

We have to be realistic here, the powers that be will not allow this to go much further. They will palsy around and give folks their time in court but in the end this effort will fail other than get some individuals riled up.
                              Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6323 users online. 341 members and 5982 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X