Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lockerbie Kin Welcome Ghadafi...could you do this?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockerbie Kin Welcome Ghadafi...could you do this?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa...ing/index.html

This woman whose brother was killed in the Lockerbie plane bombing in part cited her deep faith as motivation for welcoming Ghadafi to the US.

My question for you, particualrly the deeply religious, could you do the same? I just can't envision it..I'd haul off and knock his teeth down his throat. This woman is a better person than I.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

F*** No!!!!!!

Comment

^^^What he said...
      sigpic

Comment

I have strong faith, and believe strongly in God. I'm pretty sure God said, "An eye for eye..."

In situations like this, I strongly prefer the in-your-face, don't mess with me, Old Testament God.
        Originally posted by kontemplerande
        Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

In defense I would have no hesitation putting down a monster. In retribution, as much as I might salivate over the idea, I'd have to stand down.

As it is written......."Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord."

As far as welcoming him goes, no way would I do that, unless I was a prison guard on death row at a prison where he was sentenced to be executed.
          Last edited by JPR; 09-26-2009, 12:17 AM.
          Jubilant Patriotic Republican

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

I'd welcome him all right....in my own special way.
            “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

Double post....sorry!
              Last edited by Kieth M.; 09-27-2009, 06:05 AM.
              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Triple post, sorry again!
                Last edited by Kieth M.; 09-27-2009, 06:05 AM.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

To quote (to the best of my recollection) Malcom X: "I may be a man of faith, but my faith does not render me a fool"

No 'effing way I would do this, or allow anyone I know to do this. One of my favorite scenes from the movie, Red Dawn, is where the boys played by the late Patrick Swayze and (the now crazy 9/11 truther) Charlie Sheen find their dad, played by Harry Dean Stanton, in a reeducation/prison camp. The dad yells at his sons as they leave, "Boys, avenge me.....avenge me!"

Dennis Prager talks about this so-called Christian, religeously-based, "forgiveness" quite often. When the wrong is done to you, you may forgive. When the wrong is done to others, who says it's your job to offer forgiveness, anyway?

Comment

Well, if she feels like that and is not sure if he is responsible, then her family should return whatever money they received from Libya.
                    The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

No way. I could not forgive. I might not be able to get a gun through the inevitable security, but could sure as hell spit in Khadaffy's face and punch him square in the nose.
                      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post

Dennis Prager talks about this so-called Christian, religeously-based, "forgiveness" quite often. When the wrong is done to you, you may forgive. When the wrong is done to others, who says it's your job to offer forgiveness, anyway?
                        Thats true. The person who wronged another must also be truly sorry for what they did (repent) and ask the wronged person for forgiveness, otherwise a Chrisitian isn't required to forgive anyone. The majority of Christians don't know that and don't have enough curiosity to find the truth for themselves.
                        The woman probably goes to some liberal church or one that doesn't have an understanding. But hey, she's a lawyer...they like the guilty people.
                        The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

I always said I would fight tooth and nail to get the killer of any of my loved one's out of prison as quickly as I could through any technicality we could all muster up. I would celebrate their release by tearing them to little pieces. I think the purpose of our system is to deflect the responsibility of justice to a higher body that can deal with the person according to our agreed upon ethics. When one or many are wronged we prevent a lynch mob by having this system. I prefer it even though I believe our personal needs for vengeance would trump our knowledge of right and wrong should the evil deed be bad enough.

Tony.o, your ignorance knows no bounds. I bet you denigrate the victims of the 9/11 attacks too don't you. Forgiveness in Christian doctrine appears to me to be a way of allowing the Christian to move on emotionally from a wrong by another person with the knowledge that the person, depending on whether they are remorseful or not, are going to heaven or hell. IF no remorse, THAN hell.

Her faith sounds deeper than the Christians on this board that would say "I don't have to forgive SQUAT!" She talked of fighting terrorist hate with love. She claimed she wasn't exonerating anybody also.
                          -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by djack16 View Post
                            I always said I would fight tooth and nail to get the killer of any of my loved one's out of prison as quickly as I could through any technicality we could all muster up. I would celebrate their release by tearing them to little pieces. I think the purpose of our system is to deflect the responsibility of justice to a higher body that can deal with the person according to our agreed upon ethics. When one or many are wronged we prevent a lynch mob by having this system. I prefer it even though I believe our personal needs for vengeance would trump our knowledge of right and wrong should the evil deed be bad enough.

Tony.o, your ignorance knows no bounds. I bet you denigrate the victims of the 9/11 attacks too don't you. Forgiveness in Christian doctrine appears to me to be a way of allowing the Christian to move on emotionally from a wrong by another person with the knowledge that the person, depending on whether they are remorseful or not, are going to heaven or hell. IF no remorse, THAN hell.

Her faith sounds deeper than the Christians on this board that would say "I don't have to forgive SQUAT!" She talked of fighting terrorist hate with love. She claimed she wasn't exonerating anybody also.
                            First of all anytime I really get under your skin I consider it a good post. Though I'm sure next week you'll lecture the rest of us about personal attacks...you libs are so inconsistant.
                            Brickcop asked the 'deeply religious', as he put it, referring to Christian doctrine, which comes from the Bible. Of course, where else is one going to get it. I responded since I know something about that subject.
                            I was just building on to what Keith said in his last paragraph. What I said regarding forgiveness is correct if you get that Christian concept from the Bible, which is easily provable if one really wants to know. If most want to ignore or not want to understand that, thats fine with me. I don't care to get into a 'bible' debate here.
                            That woman was not a victim, nor is she the better person by forgiving someone responsible who admits no responsibility. She said only God knows if he is responsible. Well, if she doesn't know then, like I said, her family should give back the money.
                            If she wasn't exonerating anyone, then what was that all about. She seems very confused twenty years later.
                            Fighting terrorist hate with love..is that ignorant too?
                            But hey, I forgive you for calling me ignorant. Does that make me the better person here?

Comment

Originally posted by djack16 View Post

I bet you denigrate the victims of the 9/11 attacks too don't you. .
                              Oooh, that looks like one of the Rules for Radicals in play here.
                              MMM. MMM. MMM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4546 users online. 251 members and 4295 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X