X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
    Bank of America hasn't had my buisness for a couple of years now when they started not only offering, but directly and purposely marketing bank accounts, credit lines, and loans to illegal aliens. So, maybe it is that clientele that they do not want to offend.
    Agree whole heartedly....unfortunately they bought my house loan, now my money goes to these people.

Leave a comment:

• yellowreef
    replied
    Bank of America hasn't had my buisness for a couple of years now when they started not only offering, but directly and purposely marketing bank accounts, credit lines, and loans to illegal aliens. So, maybe it is that clientele that they do not want to offend.

Leave a comment:

• JPR
    replied
    Originally posted by eaglegrad View Post
    I'm puzzled why you think anyone would be offended by the American Flag, just as I am puzzled why the bank manager would think that.

Nowhere in the article did it say that the flags were taken down because someone was offended and complained. It says that the bank manager took them down because someone might be offended. Not that anyone actually was.

I'm also a little curious why the manager would think any of their customers would be offended by a flag that is apart of the company logo. But that's just me.
    Because sadly, there are those that are.

Leave a comment:

• TX_Loudmouth
    replied
    Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
    Sounds like Obama made them do it.

You see, your attempt at sarcasm is sadly off base. You think that a conservative would blame Obama for this, when in actuality we blame everyone who thinks like you do. There is a difference.

Leave a comment:

• katseiye
    replied
    So unless I'm misreading the article, B of A employee actually took flags lining the route, a public easement I presume.

Hmmm...guess I'll be looking into a replacement Bank.

Don't know corporate policy. Can't identify public easement versus private property. Shady dealings in merger and a bailout. Beg Gubmint to accept 400 + million to drop case...Yep, time to move on.

Leave a comment:

• mjhoyt27
    replied
    Sounds like Obama made them do it.

Leave a comment:

• eaglegrad
    replied
    Originally posted by JPR View Post
    Can any liberals explain why some liberals feel offended by the sight of the American Flag?

I'm really puzzled as to why anyone would be offended by the flag being flown on U.S. soil.

Since the flag is in essence America's "trademark" or "icon" if you prefer, in essence it represents our country - the USA. Therefore, it seems strange and irrational to be offended by it's presence.

Is anyone offended by the presence of their street number on their house?
    I'm puzzled why you think anyone would be offended by the American Flag, just as I am puzzled why the bank manager would think that.

Nowhere in the article did it say that the flags were taken down because someone was offended and complained. It says that the bank manager took them down because someone might be offended. Not that anyone actually was.

I'm also a little curious why the manager would think any of their customers would be offended by a flag that is apart of the company logo. But that's just me.
    Last edited by eaglegrad; 09-21-2009, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JPR
    replied
    Can any liberals explain why some liberals feel offended by the sight of the American Flag?

I'm really puzzled as to why anyone would be offended by the flag being flown on U.S. soil.

Since the flag is in essence America's "trademark" or "icon" if you prefer, in essence it represents our country - the USA. Therefore, it seems strange and irrational to be offended by it's presence.

Is anyone offended by the presence of their street number on their house?

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    And this is what the libs have brought us to. People are so worried about possibly offending someone, that they now take preemptive action to avoid offense, even when any possible offense would only come from the fringe.

Here in Wisconsin, the Chippewa County board tried to remove a plaque honoring a fallen deputy because one panel contained words the deputy had written which included references to God. No one had complained, but they decided to remove the panel on the chance that someone might. Fortunately, the outrage was such that these idiots finally backed off.

Leave a comment:

• JPR
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    BRANCH MANAGER REPORTEDLY ORDERS REMOVAL OF FLAGS PLACED TO HONOR FALLEN MARINE

A South Carolina Bank of America branch is drawing criticism Thursday after an employee reportedly ordered the removal of American flags placed to honor a fallen Marine over fears that people would be offended.

The Palmetto Scoop received one eyewitness email claiming that the branch manager at Bank of America’s Gaffney branch at 1602 West Floyd Baker Blvd. “told a citizen who was preparing the route for a U.S. Marine killed in action in Afghanistan by placing small American flags along the roadway that the flags might upset some of her customers.”

I have a feeling that the removal of some American checking and savings accounts from that branch might upset some regional executives at B of A in the near future. That manager had better start putting a resume together.
    Last edited by JPR; 09-21-2009, 01:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    WTF? They think people in South Carolina, a state with HUGE Army and Marine bases, will be friggin OFFENDED by US flags???? Someone has been drinking Michael Moore's kool-aid by the bucket again.

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    started a topic Bank of....what, now, exactly?????

Bank of....what, now, exactly?????

BRANCH MANAGER REPORTEDLY ORDERS REMOVAL OF FLAGS PLACED TO HONOR FALLEN MARINE

A South Carolina Bank of America branch is drawing criticism Thursday after an employee reportedly ordered the removal of American flags placed to honor a fallen Marine over fears that people would be offended.

The Palmetto Scoop received one eyewitness email claiming that the branch manager at Bank of America’s Gaffney branch at 1602 West Floyd Baker Blvd. “told a citizen who was preparing the route for a U.S. Marine killed in action in Afghanistan by placing small American flags along the roadway that the flags might upset some of her customers.”

Said the outraged tipster, “[The branch manager] took them down and made the citizen go in to get them if she didn’t want them thrown away.”

The flags were part of the funeral procession of Lance Corporal Christopher Fowlkes, 20, who died last week after an explosion in Afghanistan’s Helmand province.

WSPA-TV has also received similar tips about the “flag flap.”

A teller at the branch confirmed to TPS that the branch manager had been there around the time of the incident but had left for the day.

Bank of America released a statement apologizing for the incident and celled it a misunderstanding.

“We want to ensure the community knows how deeply proud we are of the men and women who have sacrificed so much in service to our country,” the statement said. “The bank does fly the American Flag at our locations throughout the country and flags were displayed in front of our banking center in Gaffney the evening prior to our dedicated Marine returning home.”

UPDATE: WCBD in Charleston reports that Bank of America said the incident was a “miscommunication in corporate policy.” That raises the question, which policy would require employees to remove American flags that are part of a funeral procession for a fallen Marine?

Here's the link: http://www.palmettoscoop.com/2009/09...-sc-flag-flap/

--------------------------

Comments can easily be added, there on the link. What an idiot bank manager!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2387 users online. 133 members and 2254 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X