300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacker shuts down jihad websites

A U.S.-based group monitoring militant Web sites said Friday that jihadist forums have been experiencing technical problems on the eve of Sept. 11, finally going offline a day before the 8th anniversary of the al-Qaida attack on the U.S.

The SITE Intelligence Group said the same thing happened last year, promoting consternation in militant circles.

“As happened last year … top jihadist forums affiliated with al-Qaida began experiencing technical problems, culminating in their ultimate closure on September 10, 2009,” the group said in a statement.

According to SITE, members of other jihadist forums expressed annoyance and “confusion” at the inability to access the Web sites and forums where they share updates and messages.

I'd buy that hacker a beer!
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

I agree, but you'd probably need quite a few cases of beer... this most likely wasn't a single hacker in his mom's basement
    "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Maybe it wasn't just any group of hackers.....it could have been some top secret wing of the government.

But needless to say, this would be the one time where I would give the hackers a pass and look the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
        I agree, but you'd probably need quite a few cases of beer... this most likely wasn't a single hacker in his mom's basement
        OK- I can afford good beer and buy about four cases or cheap beer and can buy about ten cases.
        "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
          Lol. But just curious though...what the hell is a "Jihadist website"? What exactly...goes on there? With technology and all we can do with it, seems like accessing such a site would be a pretty good give-away in terms of ones location...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveOKC View Post
            Maybe it wasn't just any group of hackers.....it could have been some top secret wing of the government.

But needless to say, this would be the one time where I would give the hackers a pass and look the other way.
            Probably the Chinese with automated denial-of-service attacks using bots. Of course, I sometimes wonder whether we blame such attacks on the Chinese to deflect blame for others.
            Last edited by DAL; 09-12-2009, 04:57 PM.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello, hello, MSN, my name is Abdullah....and I wish to report, ummmmmm trouble with my very nice, make no trouble for anyone, website....I can't get poll results on.....ummmmmm, 'your favorite felafal topping?' and 'who wears a hotter burkha?' We have a really important...ummmmm special event coming up and we need to get volunteers to wear....ummmmmm brightly-colored orange safety vests, for ummmmmm traffic directing. When will our service be restored, please?
              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5431 users online. 303 members and 5128 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X