Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot "pastor" Anderson is at it again......

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot "pastor" Anderson is at it again......

Phoenix Pastor Draws Protests After Telling Church He Prays for Obama's Death
    Pastor Steven Anderson stands by his sermon in an interview with MyFOXPhoenix, which reports that the pastor continues to encourage his parishioners to join him in praying for the president's death.

FOXNews.com

Monday, August 31, 2009
    x

in order to recommend a story, you must login or register.
    662 Comments | Add Comment
    ShareThis

Photos

Phoenix-area Pastor Steven Anderson, shown here, is drawing criticism for telling his church he prays for President Obama's death. (MyFOXPhoenix)

Phoenix-area Pastor Steven Anderson, shown here, is drawing criticism for telling his church he prays for President Obama's death. (MyFOXPhoenix)
    PEOPLE WHO READ THIS ALSO READ

Report: Murdered Pastor Found Naked in 'Crucifix Position' Inside Church 27445342
    College Republicans Compiling List of Liberal Professors at Ohio School 27445706
    Pakistani Reality TV Contestant Drowns While Performing Challenge 27429942
    Study: Healthy People Who Take Aspirin to Prevent Heart Attack May Be Doing More Harm Than Good 27440670
    Washington Police Searching for 10-Month-Boy Find Dead Infant in Woods 27433750

Recommendations by Loomia

A Phoenix-area pastor has started to draw protesters to his congregation after he delivered a sermon titled, "Why I Hate Barack Obama," and told his parishioners that he prays for President Obama's death.

Pastor Steven Anderson stood by his sermon in an interview with MyFOXPhoenix, which reports that the pastor continues to encourage his parishioners to join him in praying for the president's death.

"I hope that God strikes Barack Obama with brain cancer so he can die like Ted Kennedy and I hope it happens today," he told MyFOXPhoenix on Sunday. He called his message "spiritual warfare" and said he does not condone killing.

But a small crowd of protesters gathered around his church Sunday, calling Anderson's words "incomprehensible." And MyFOXPhoenix reported that the sermon, which has drawn widespread attention, led to death threats against the pastor.

Anderson's inflammatory message stems in part from Obama's abortion-rights stance.

In Anderson's controversial sermon, delivered at his Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe before Obama arrived for a speech in Phoenix earlier in the month, the pastor said he wants the president to "melt like a snail" with salt on it.

"I'm gonna pray that he dies and goes to hell when I go to bed tonight. That's what I'm gonna pray," he told his congregation.

The last time fierce opposition to Obama's abortion position drew widespread attention was when Obama delivered the commencement address at the University of Notre Dame.

The Anderson sermon also drew concern after it was reported that one man carrying an assault rifle outside the Phoenix arena where Obama spoke was a member of Anderson's church.

Click here to read more at MyFOXPhoenix.

Phoenix Pastor Draws Protests After Telling Church He Prays for Obama's Death
    Pastor Steven Anderson stands by his sermon in an interview with MyFOXPhoenix, which reports that the pastor continues to encourage his parishioners to join him in praying for the president's death.

FOXNews.com

Monday, August 31, 2009
    x

in order to recommend a story, you must login or register.
    662 Comments | Add Comment
    ShareThis

Photos

PEOPLE WHO READ THIS ALSO READ

Report: Murdered Pastor Found Naked in 'Crucifix Position' Inside Church 27445342
    College Republicans Compiling List of Liberal Professors at Ohio School 27445706
    Pakistani Reality TV Contestant Drowns While Performing Challenge 27429942
    Study: Healthy People Who Take Aspirin to Prevent Heart Attack May Be Doing More Harm Than Good 27440670
    Washington Police Searching for 10-Month-Boy Find Dead Infant in Woods 27433750

Recommendations by Loomia

A Phoenix-area pastor has started to draw protesters to his congregation after he delivered a sermon titled, "Why I Hate Barack Obama," and told his parishioners that he prays for President Obama's death.

Pastor Steven Anderson stood by his sermon in an interview with MyFOXPhoenix, which reports that the pastor continues to encourage his parishioners to join him in praying for the president's death.

"I hope that God strikes Barack Obama with brain cancer so he can die like Ted Kennedy and I hope it happens today," he told MyFOXPhoenix on Sunday. He called his message "spiritual warfare" and said he does not condone killing.

But a small crowd of protesters gathered around his church Sunday, calling Anderson's words "incomprehensible." And MyFOXPhoenix reported that the sermon, which has drawn widespread attention, led to death threats against the pastor.

Anderson's inflammatory message stems in part from Obama's abortion-rights stance.

In Anderson's controversial sermon, delivered at his Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe before Obama arrived for a speech in Phoenix earlier in the month, the pastor said he wants the president to "melt like a snail" with salt on it.

"I'm gonna pray that he dies and goes to hell when I go to bed tonight. That's what I'm gonna pray," he told his congregation.

The last time fierce opposition to Obama's abortion position drew widespread attention was when Obama delivered the commencement address at the University of Notre Dame.

The Anderson sermon also drew concern after it was reported that one man carrying an assault rifle outside the Phoenix arena where Obama spoke was a member of Anderson's church.

Click here to read more at MyFOXPhoenix.

Comment

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...ama_08_29_2009

Tempe Pastor Gives 'I
      Hate Obama' Sermon
      His parishoner was the armed man at
      Aug. 17 rally

Updated: Sunday, 30 Aug 2009, 6:33 PM MDT
      Published : Saturday, 29 Aug 2009, 7:27 PM MDT

TEMPE - It put some people on edge -- a man carrying a loaded assault rifle outside the Phoenix Convention Center when President Obama was addressing veterans.

We now know the armed man is part of a valley church that preaches hatred toward the president.

Just before the Obamas arrived in Arizona, the pastor at the Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe delivered a long sermon called, "Why I Hate Barack Obama."

Pastor Steven Anderson spoke to his congregation just before the Obamas were due to arrive in Phoenix. He talks about killing a snail by pouring salt on it.

Then adding, "And I'd like to see Barack Obama melt like a snail tonight... he has spent a life being pro-abortion." [ Watch the video to see parts of sermon] He also prayed for Obama's death.

According to reports, Chris Brighton was the man who was carrying an AR-15 assault rifle while walking outside the Phoenix Convention Center on Aug. 17. He's apparently a member of Rev. Steven's congregation.

This is the same pastor who told FOX 10 that Border Patrol and DPS officers Tased him in March. Video of that incident was posted -- and officers said Anderson refused to cooperate.

Now, he's under scrutiny for his own words, "I hate Barack Obama… I hate the person... I hate him!"

According to the Associated Press, the armed man at the rally says his pastor's sermon did not motivate him to bring the weapon. Brighton says he carried the weapon because of his long-standing dislike for Obama.

Comment

In case anybody is not aware, Anderson is the idiot who hates LE that got tazed at a BP checkpoint a couple of months ago when he tried to resist a lawful search....

Comment

Okay... so the pastor is a tool. Is that something new?

There are pastors out there with messages that many of us disagree with. I guess I can lump him in with the other infamous ones.
          "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
            Okay... so the pastor is a tool. Is that something new?

There are pastors out there with messages that many of us disagree with. I guess I can lump him in with the other infamous ones.
            I do not claim that he is typical of Christians.. that is why I put pastor in quotes....

Comment

The irony is in the article. Here we have a man using (or misusing) his pulpit to spread his message. His message is widely condemned. After all, it's hateful to wish anyone dead.

But a small crowd of protesters gathered around his church Sunday, calling Anderson's words "incomprehensible."

And MyFOXPhoenix reported that the sermon, which has drawn widespread attention, led to death threats against the pastor.

So the protesters are threatening to .... kill him.

Hmmmmm.... isn't that exactly the hateful message being condemned?

Just saying....
              "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

You don't need to pass a test to become a pastor. The status of pastor is no guarantee of anything. But I wonder what motivates you to dwell on this sort of stuff so much, what are you trying to prove? The word Christian is like a red flag to a bull for you.

Are there no Islamic folks that upset you?

Comment

Yeah, the guys a complete idiot, but what kinda caught my attention:

"The Anderson sermon also drew concern after it was reported that one man carrying an assault rifle outside the Phoenix arena where Obama spoke was a member of Anderson's church."

I mean...when you have a pastor calling for God to strike down Obama and give him brain-cancer and wake up and have him dead...he's pretty much off the deep end. And he can say all he wants that he doesn't condone killing, its pretty clear he'd be happy if Obama were dead. In fact, I think he actually say, "I'd be happy if I woke up and Obama was dead". So, when one of the members of his church is inspired to go stand outside an Obama rally with a gun...

But anyway, this also caught my attention:

"According to the Associated Press, the armed man at the rally says his pastor's sermon did not motivate him to bring the weapon. Brighton says he carried the weapon because of his long-standing dislike for Obama"

I respect the right to bear arms but isn't there something wrong with thinking like this? "I'm going to go carry a large gun because I don't like somebody"? I'm all for having guns and all but when you have nut-jobs like this carrying guns for the sole purpose of intimidating people, as he clearly says, its pretty much detrimental to the cause...

Comment

Its just the usual Hate Obama looney.
                    Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E3CSHARP View Post
                      Its just the usual Hate Obama looney.
                      I'd like to think so...but the fact that a follower of the man praying for Obama's death just so happens to show up at an Obama speech with an assault-rifle? I'm all for freedom of speech, right to bear arms, etc...but Obama or Bush, Left or Right, I don't think there's any place in politics for this trash...

Comment

Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
                        I'd like to think so...but the fact that a follower of the man praying for Obama's death just so happens to show up at an Obama speech with an assault-rifle? I'm all for freedom of speech, right to bear arms, etc...but Obama or Bush, Left or Right, I don't think there's any place in politics for this trash...
                        Oh, come on. Even if this guy was a member of that church for 20 years and Anderson was his "spiritual mentor", it doesn't mean the guy knew the pastor's position on anything or had ever even heard a word the guy ever said from the pulpit.

Wait a minute, that does seem pretty unbelievable.

Comment

Hey Pat, are you not concerned about all the communists Obama has surrounded himself with in the White House, praising Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro. Isn't that something to be more concerned with than some guy on youtube?
                          You libs got to look real deep to find the right wing boogymen. Nice try.
                          The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Though I am curious on what events led up to him being dragged out of his car at a Border Patrol checkpoint sixty miles from the Mexican border.
                            The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by swingshift View Post
                              Oh, come on. Even if this guy was a member of that church for 20 years and Anderson was his "spiritual mentor", it doesn't mean the guy knew the pastor's position on anything or had ever even heard a word the guy ever said from the pulpit.

Wait a minute, that does seem pretty unbelievable.
                              I haven't laughed that hard in a while. That was the best response that could have been put out there....
                              Originally posted by kontemplerande
                              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3834 users online. 197 members and 3637 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X