Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering 'jumping ship' from A.A.R.P...anyone else?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering 'jumping ship' from A.A.R.P...anyone else?

The Auto Club membership discounts are about the same...AARP appears to be, solidly, in Obama's corner. I just saw AARP's website where they're now tied to the Sevice Employees International Union (SEIU) in regards to political endeavors...like most unions, SEIU is nothing more than a wholly-owned subsidiary of the DNC.

So, my fellow 50+ AARP/O.com members, your thoughts??????
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

lots of aarp members are not only canceling their membership but they are asking for their money back.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

Funny thing, I just Googled "cancelling AARP membership" I will not be alone.

But, it's also funny to read cancellation urges, from Dims a couple years back, because AARP backed Obama over Dennis Kucinich for POTUS!
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

My wife and I researched them when they first solicited one of us when we "attained the age." We found out what a leftist outfit they are and declined their invite. They have been off road left leaning for a long time.
        Jubilant Patriotic Republican

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

Never joined them to begin with.

Comment

I am planning on jumping ship as well, but for different reasons.

After joining I started to get letters from AARP in the mail every other day, reminding me that with my advancing age, my health was going to fail soon, I was going to be in need of nursing care and I needed to purchase long term care insurance from them.

I also started getting letters in the mail every other day reminding me that because of my advancing age, I was going to die soon and needed to purchase life insurance from them so that my loved ones would have money to live on after I was gone.

In short, all my AARP membership has done is pay to have them send me endless solicitations reminding me that I am old, that my health is going to fail that I am going to die shortly.

Thanks AARP for representing my interests and giving me new concerns in life!
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I am not entirely sure that AARP cares if a few of you guys cancel your memberships but if it makes you feel better go for it.

AARP does come down on the other side of issues as well: they usually oppose funding for services like schools because their consituents don't have kids. They are just picking and choosing whatever will get the most short term benefits for their constituents. Like most special interest groups they are not oriented on the bigger picture.
              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

— John Stuart Mill

Comment

AARP sucks anyway, when I used to work in an RX even the pharmacist would tell folks to avoid them...They always mess up peoples co-pays' and what not...
                sigpic

Comment

Grampa quit AARP after he turned 80. He's 86 now, still CC Skis, bikes, cuts/splits his own wood, and works as a lay-Prof for a Community college.

He said AARP was all about Retirement communities, Bingo and shuffleboard, and he was sick of giving those "Kids" his money.

Hope I make it that far...

M-11
                  “All men dream...... But not equally..
                  Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                  but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                  for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Yup, we bailed out, I get the same discounts with AAA, my retired military ID, and of course "BadgeAmericard"..heheheheh

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post

Yup, we bailed out, I get the same discounts with AAA, my retired military ID, and of course "BadgeAmericard"..heheheheh
                      AARP sucks. 'Nuff said!
                      "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

I never joined them either. By the time I turned the big five oh I knew about their left leaning traits. My mailbox got stuffed regularly with their mail but I didn't open any of them. Now, the NRA is another story but I joined them anyway.

Comment

This latest report- "CBS News has learned that up to 60,000 people have cancelled their AARP memberships since July 1, angered over the group’s position on health care"

Of course, I don't think anyone knows the exact number of AARP members, so this may not be significant. Looks like astro-turfing to me.
                          "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

My membership with AARP was the shortest ever. I cancelled the day after I joined because they wouldn't honor their promises.

Comment

I don't see how AARP can represent people who are eligible for medicare and those who are not. I see conflicting interests. Better benefits or lower premiums means higher taxes for those under 65.

I think AARP exists mainly for the benefit of its employees.
                              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5086 users online. 280 members and 4806 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X