Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another reason this guy is wrong for the job!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason this guy is wrong for the job!

Obama Snubs Nation's Heroes, Becomes the First President to Skip Ball Honoring Medal of Honor Recipients in Over 50 Years

Barack Obama may have stumbled over his words briefly during his inauguration, but he made an even bigger blunder later Tuesday evening. The newly sworn-in President opted not to appear at what should have been one of the most important Balls on his agenda that evening - The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball.

The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball was begun in 1953 for President Dwight Eisenhower's inauguration. The event recognized recipients of the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest military award. There were 48 Medal of Honor recipients in attendance, who were undoubtedly disappointed by the Commander-in-Chief's failure to show. Over the past 56 years and 14 inaugurations, no President has skipped this event - until now.

The Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball is sponsored by the American Legion, and co-sponsored by 13 other veteran's service organizations, including those such as the Paralyzed Veterans of America and the Military Order of the Purple Heart.

Instead of attending this ball honoring our nation's heroes, Obama was busy making stops at 10 other official balls. Obama and his wife's first stop was at the Neighborhood Ball. From there they went to the Home State Ball for Illinois and Hawaii, the Commander-in-Chief Ball, the Youth Inaugural Ball, and the Home State Ball for Delaware and Pennsylvania. They finished off the night with brief appearances at the Mid-Atlantic, Western, Midwest, Eastern, and Southern regional Balls.

Celebrities were a plenty at the balls, with Stevie Wonder, Shakira, Mary. J. Blige, Faith Hill, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, Adam Levine, will.i.am, Sting, Mariah Carey, and Leonardo DiCaprio in attendance at the Neighborhood Ball. In addition, the other nine balls also featured a star-studded lineup including Kanye West and Kid Rock at the Youth Ball, Marc Anthony at the Western Ball, and Cheryl Crow at the Western Ball.

It was the party without all of the celebrities that Obama skipped. The very people who he sought to have support him during his candidacy and campaign, who have fought to protect this country, were snubbed in favor of publicity and the opportunity to rub shoulders - yet again - with the out-of-touch Hollywood elite.
    If Dems Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans -

Bush's America .. 100% AL-QAIDA FREE SINCE 2001

If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' - Reagan
    Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
    If you thought Bush-Paulson was Bad, Obama-Frank-Dodd-Pelosi-Reid is Worse!!

I'll treat your president with the same respect you gave my president!

I heard about this. The reason he snubbed the ball was because he was apparently performing a back-alley abortion and then did some blow right before heading out to the other balls, which he said were more important than one being held for those 'silly military people clinging to their guns and religion'...

Comment

Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
      I heard about this. The reason he snubbed the ball was because he was apparently performing a back-alley abortion and then did some blow right before heading out to the other balls, which he said were more important than one being held for those 'silly military people clinging to their guns and religion'...
      BWAHAHAHA!! ... sad thing is, i wouldn't doubt it one bit

If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' - Reagan
      Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Originally posted by cris1102 View Post
        BWAHAHAHA!! ... sad thing is, i wouldn't doubt it one bit
        Me neither, my friend, me neither...

Comment

Me neither, my friend, me neither...
          hehe i think u and i can be good friends

Comment

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!
            sigpic

Comment

I swear this is at least the third time this story has been brought up though.

But thats okay.

Dissent is good.
              "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
              the more knowledge, the more grief."

Comment

I heard Obama chewed off the puppies' head, like Ozzy Osbourne did the bat!!!!...

Then he went ot the west wing and gave a girl an abortion, then snorted coke w/ Kim Jon Il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad...True story...

sigpic

Comment

"There were 48 Medal of Honor recipients in attendance, who were undoubtedly disappointed by the Commander-in-Chief's failure to show."

Disappointed??? Why??

Even the lowest ranking of our service members are much more worthy to be in the company of MOH winners than our new King is- and the MOH winners probably see it that way too.

Comment

I heard he was partyin with Phelps......

I swear it....

My sister's husband's aunt's friend's cousin works at a hospital, and someone came in the emergency room and TOLD THEM.......

Comment

Is there really 25 different balls taking place at the same time?

I hear AC/DC has the biggest balls of all...

M-11
                      “All men dream...... But not equally..
                      Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                      but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                      for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

lol M-11.

I'm sure the MOH guys were not at all dissapointed though. Think about it. Would you want to be in this guys company if you were them? I mean, he only spits on the document they fought heroically to defend. Why would they want him to join them?
                        Want to start a website? I run Host Lonestar.
                        Texas Discussion blog about texas...forum as well

Comment

Sadly, each time this has been brought up, hateful libs scoff and poke fun about a real and true dismissal of Ameican heroes. Sadly.

God Bless America and Her CMH holders.
                          The All New
                          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                            Sadly, each time this has been brought up, hateful libs scoff and poke fun about a real and true dismissal of Ameican heroes. Sadly.

God Bless America and Her CMH holders.
                            Hey....you need to put Cris on your BBQ list....

Not only does she lean farther right than most folks on here.....she's nice to look at.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                              Hey....you need to put Cris on your BBQ list...
                              BBQ list?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3241 users online. 156 members and 3085 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X