300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simpson is fat

The oval office has spoken. Jessica Simpson is fat!

Personally I could care less if the Pres said Simpson was fat and I care even less if Simpson is now fat or becomes obese later. She could become the second Rosie or Oprah and the effect on my life is nil.

But, you have to wonder what the First Lady, who isn't exactly a size 2, inferred by the POTUS statement. Do they have a dog house at the White House?

They used to call Social Security the "Third Rail" and rather dangerous ground for a politician. But any guy who slipped and mentioned a woman's weight knows full well that that is an unpardonable sin and would rather stand accused of tampering with SS.

Did POTUS diss Jessica Simpson?
    By CARRIE BUDOFF BROWN

Mr. President: Didn’t Michelle teach you to never, ever comment on a woman’s weight – even if you are just reading a headline off an entertainment magazine?

It turns out that a throwaway comment at the end of Matt Lauer’s interview Sunday with Barack Obama has left people wondering whether the president called pop singer Jessica Simpson fat.

Actually, not quite. So let’s do a replay.

Sitting with Obama, Lauer held up a copy of US Magazine, and pointed to how the editors cut him out of the cover photo with his wife and daughters. In the upper right-hand corner of the cover was a photo of a curvier Simpson and the headline: “Weight Battle.”

“They took you out of it,” Lauer said of the magazine.

“It — it’s — it’s a little hurtful,” Obama said.

“You got replaced by Jessica Simpson,” Lauer said.

“Yeah, who’s losing a weight battle apparently,” Obama said, according to the NBC transcript of the interview. “Yeah. Oh, well.”

The ladies didn’t like that one. Karen Tumulty at Time’s Swampland blog, and others across the blogosphere, schooled the new president.

“Barack Obama may be the most eloquent politician on the scene today, but he laid a big one in yesterday's interview with Matt Lauer,” Tumulty wrote Monday.

Well, it turns out it might not be as bad as it looks. NBC put out a faulty transcript.

A review of the videotape shows he described Simpson as someone “who’s in a weight battle.”

It’s also clear he was reading the headline, and seemingly not passing judgment.
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

I'd still do her....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post

I'd still do her....

Even when she looks like this?

"Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

I'd still do her....

+50

She was on our flight into Kuwait last March on her way to a benefit concert. Just have to say....wow!

Comment

Thanks a lot FNA! Now thanks to you I have to find some way to erase that photo of Rosie O from my brain! I think it damage my eyes as well!
          "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
            Thanks a lot FNA! Now thanks to you I have to find some way to erase that photo of Rosie O from my brain! I think it damage my eyes as well!
            Yeah FNA, I had to put you on ignore so I didn't have to look at that thing. I would much rather look at this.

"We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks cgh, something to...........................................(goes out to smoke cigarette) Rosie who?
              "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Wish my wife was fat like Jessica Simpson!

Comment

Originally posted by WC145 View Post
                  Wish my wife was fat like Jessica Simpson!
                  Tell her she's phat, you know like the kids say. Got that from this video
                  "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

sigpic

Comment

More cushin for the pushin, I guess...

These 2 were taken at a chill cook off down here in my part of the world (a local radio station, mini-concert/chilli cook off) a couple weekends ago...

A couple more pics inside the link...

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/jessi...off-new-curves
                    Last edited by Southflaguy; 02-04-2009, 09:26 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd still do her....

I have to agree with bearcat on this one!

Comment

Confession... when I saw the title I thought "Why would we have a thread about Homer Simpson being fat?" lol
                        And I've never even watched that show! I think I should go back to bed!
                        "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

Sorry I have a conscience...

Last edited by Southflaguy; 02-04-2009, 10:27 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

You know the saying....

More layers for the players....
                            "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
                            the more knowledge, the more grief."

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                              Here you go RKT , b/c I'm evil like that...Bwahahahahahaha!!
                              Bearcat cover your eyes...

That is SO wrong. Another one for my ignore list until this thread dies
                              Last edited by cgh6366; 02-04-2009, 02:35 PM. Reason: Had to get that hippo off my screen

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5875 users online. 409 members and 5466 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X