The Latest Installment of O'Bama O'Drama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest Installment of O'Bama O'Drama

So now, we have a tax-evading criminal as our new Treasury Secretary, in charge of among other things, the IRS.

'Spose they would call it a "hickup" if you or I "forgot to remember" to pay our taxes? Hmmmmm?

So far, Barry is not baffling me with brilliance.
    Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 01-28-2009, 10:10 PM.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

My dad is starting to complain Obama hasn't paid off the mortgage..

Comment

Tedll him to stop paying it. Apparently in this new "stimulis bill" they are considering paying off part of it for you if you are 90 days past due. Who knew it would be so easy!

God help your generation, young man.
      The All New
      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
        So now, we have a tax-evading criminal as our new Treasury Secretary, in charge of among other things, the IRS.

'Spose they would call it a "hickup" if you or I "forgot to remember" to pay our taxes? Hmmmmm?

So far, Barry is not baffling me with brilliance.

His bill just passed the house. Wonder how much is going into earmarks....
        Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Arkansas Red View Post
          His bill just passed the house. Wonder how much is going into earmarks....
          Don't be silly- our illustrious President campaigned on a policy to end earmarks. He said he would eliminate them and pledged to stop them.

Of course, all they did was change the name from “earmark” to “shovel ready” projects. But that will fool most of the people.
          "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

See! He held up to his campaign promise of change after all!

I gotta say first Pelosi and now Obama... I think I need to rethink what side I'm on...

Comment

You'll soon be Hannitized, my boy.
              The All New
              - M1Garand

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                You'll soon be Hannitized, my boy.
                Ha! However, I did catch a bit of Glenn Beck on Sirius today. Got to say some of the stuff kind of surprised me.

Comment

Yawn.......
                  "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
                  the more knowledge, the more grief."

Comment

Originally posted by Flanker View Post
                    Yawn.......
                    Thanks for chimin' in Flanker. Just hope your Messiah dosn't keep this up....

Okay. Back to bed.
                    The All New
                    - M1Garand

Comment

I hope he takes his 100 days seriously...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090129/...ge/republicans

Seems its more than just the US Army and the US Marine Corp thats looking to bring in the numbers. I still plan on giving Obama his 100 days, but from what I seen from his bill...

Comment

Originally posted by Arkansas Red View Post
                        [URL]

Seems its more than just the US Army and the US Marine Corp thats looking to bring in the numbers.
                        Maybe the Republicans should start offering "enlistment" bonuses to new voters who register for the party.

Comment

Maybe the Republicans should start offering "enlistment" bonuses to new voters who register for the party.
                          Kinda like most black voters in urban areas and in the south? Hmm?

Think about it....
                          1*

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
                            Kinda like most black voters in urban areas and in the south? Hmm?
                            If it worked for the Dems, it can work for the Repubs.

Comment

If it worked for the Dems, it can work for the Repubs.
                              It won’t work. Most conservatives are unhappy with both parties and have lost faith in the system. In truth, the Republican Party has lost its way and is helping to create the very antithesis of the system desired by a lot of conservatives. They want less government. It’ll be very difficult to get them involved again. We used to have what was called “The Silent Majority”. That term was coined by Nixon (way back when) to describe mainly conservative people who weren’t happy with the political climate but had neither the time nor the inclination to voice their opinion. They were the hard working taxpayers who actually worked. They didn't have the time to become shills.

If there is still a silent majority, and if it is still based on conservative views, it’s going to be extremely difficult to galvanize them into any coherent group. They’ll sit around the dinner table and gripe about the current tax burden. They’ll talk at work about their disgust of the ever-growing government spending programs. But in the end, they’ll do what they have always done. They’ll continue to work hard to support their families. They’ll do what is necessary to maintain a decent living environment. They’ll continue to believe in, and strive to achieve, the American Dream which is only achieved by hard work.

Come to think of it, perhaps there is no silent majority anymore. Maybe it’s an “Entitlement Majority” or an “I Need the Government to Help Me Live Majority”. Maybe the idea of the one-time shining gem in the liberal crown needs to be rewritten. JFK had said, “Ask not what your country can do for you- ask what you can do for your country”. Obviously that is an antiquated sentiment. Obviously it’s now “Ask your government to control your life because they know what's best for you”. After all if the government pays your way, life gets easy and you have no need to work anymore. There are a lot of people who will, and did, sign up for that.
                              "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9984 users online. 392 members and 9592 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X