Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O.j...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • O.j...

    LMAO...

    HTML Code:
    http://www.officer.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=43304
    Saw this story on the front page. Apparently, one of the officers present during OJ's latest brush with the law said: "This is great. ... California can't get him. ... Now we'll be able to." And, of course, it'll be used in OJ's defense. I just thought how terribly ironic and absurd it would be if he ended up getting off, yet again, due in part to that statement. OJ's life is seriously like a comedy/action-thriller movie that just never ends. My real question is, why is it that everytime an officer or detective makes a questionable comment about OJ, its always on tape somehow? What the hell...

  • #2
    I dont think that dude will walk this time. Although that statement may play a significant role...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
      LMAO...

      HTML Code:
      http://www.officer.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=43304
      Saw this story on the front page. Apparently, one of the officers present during OJ's latest brush with the law said: "This is great. ... California can't get him. ... Now we'll be able to." And, of course, it'll be used in OJ's defense. I just thought how terribly ironic and absurd it would be if he ended up getting off, yet again, due in part to that statement. OJ's life is seriously like a comedy/action-thriller movie that just never ends. My real question is, why is it that everytime an officer or detective makes a questionable comment about OJ, its always on tape somehow? What the hell...
      I heard about this... will that comment really benefit him in court?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Columbus View Post
        I heard about this... will that comment really benefit him in court?
        It "can" be used as a defense. Depends on how its used and how tight the prosecutions game is.

        Comment


        • #5
          The statement is not a defense. It merely calls into question the bias of the person making it, and perhaps the bias of the officers in general. A defense is somethng that, if proven, requires acquittal regardless of the other evidence. It would hardly be surprising if officers thought OJ was guilty of murder, especially in light of the civil judgment against him.
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DAL View Post
            It merely calls into question the bias of the person making it, and perhaps the bias of the officers in general.
            Which of course you and I know you are "supposed" to be impartial or neutral as an officer or employee of a le agency in such a matter, no?

            Comment


            • #7
              The comment was made by a civilian employee of the department while collecting evidence inside the room, not by a sworn officer who was conducting the investigation. Silly to say one the less, but the victim had a tape recorder on top of a armoire inside the room that nobody knew about...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DAL View Post
                The statement is not a defense. It merely calls into question the bias of the person making it, and perhaps the bias of the officers in general. A defense is somethng that, if proven, requires acquittal regardless of the other evidence. It would hardly be surprising if officers thought OJ was guilty of murder, especially in light of the civil judgment against him.
                The statement itself is not a defense, but it can obviously be used in defense of him not being charged with the various crimes he is on-trial for. If the Defense is able to use this statement, along with a lot of the other questionable stuff that was already occurring in the trial, in the correct manner, OJ very well could be on the golf-course, writing inflammatory books and giving sumbliminal interviews. One can only hope...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
                  "This is great. ... California can't get him. ... Now we'll be able to."
                  I'll bet you the entire jury is thinking that exact same thing.
                  ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SkepticAlways View Post
                    I'll bet you the entire jury is thinking that exact same thing.
                    If you find someone to bet against that, let me know who, I've got a blind-watchdog to sell him...

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 3333 users online. 161 members and 3172 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X