Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presenting Madam Obama

Bold sculpture of Michelle Obama with American flag across her bare chest

Michelle Obama has been given a startling makeover by an American artist who has created a bare-chested sculpture of the 44-year-old lawyer.

'Michelle Obama's Makeover for America' Photo: SPLASH NEWS

By Lucy Cockcroft
    Last Updated: 8:33AM BST 19 Sep 2008
    Sculpture of Michelle Obama

The powerful clay work shows Mrs Obama in the style of an African Queen, wearing large hooped earrings and an "afro pick" comb in her Egyptian-influenced hairstyle.

An American flag is tattooed across her naked chest and the comb is decorated with pearls, the traditional garb of a First Lady, and an American Eagle.

The work, by controversial sculptor Daniel Edwards, is clearly a nod to both Mrs Obama's ethnic roots and her position at the heart of American culture and politics.

As her husband, Barack Obama, battles to win the next US presidential elections, she has come under intense media spotlight, and has been likened to former First Lady Jackie Kennedy.

However, Edwards said: "The goal is to create a look for Michelle Obama that eliminates excessive comparisons to Jackie Kennedy."

The bust, entitled "Michelle Obama's Makeover for America" goes on display at the Leo Kesting Gallery in New York on October 1.

A gallery spokesman said: "Look out Oprah, a new 'Lady O's' in charge. Michelle Obama inspires a fashion template change that many First Ladies of the 21st Century may follow, as we witness minorities in this country becoming the majority."

The sculpture forms part of the Inspire America series by Edwards, which includes the Oprah Sarcophagus, and The Iraq War Memorial, featuring a work which depicts Prince Harry as if he had died in combat clutching the cameo-locket of his late mother, Princess Diana.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...are-chest.html

Ewwww I dont really like her She actually kinda looks scary!

Comment

I liked the Britney sculpture better.
      ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

wtf is this? abstract?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
          wtf is this? abstract?
          Must be. She wouldn't have anything to do with an American flag. Now, had the guy made her out to be a Betsy Ross-type woman, it might resound a bit more. Of course, the colors on the flag would probably be gold, black, red and green.

Ahh.. but think about it. We stand the chance of having a First Lady who doesn't like America. Or didn't until her husband was anointed by the Democrats.
          "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
            Must be. She wouldn't have anything to do with an American flag. Now, had the guy made her out to be a Betsy Ross-type woman, it might resound a bit more. Of course, the colors on the flag would probably be gold, black, red and green.

Ahh.. but think about it. We stand the chance of having a First Lady who doesn't like America. Or didn't until her husband was anointed by the Democrats.
            Like I said...I wish there was a voter-competence test administered. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have their opinion count...

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
              Ewwww I dont really like her She actually kinda looks scary!
              Yes, metal sculptures tend to not to relate warmth...

Comment

Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
                Like I said...I wish there was a voter-competence test administered. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have their opinion count...
                Me too. Of course, if there was a presidential-competence test administered, we wouldn't be having any decisions about the Obamas.
                "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Who's hotter?

...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

Originally posted by nr5667 View Post
                    Yes, metal sculptures tend to not to relate warmth...
                    "The powerful clay work shows Mrs Obama in the style of an African Queen, wearing large hooped earrings and an "afro pick" comb in her Egyptian-influenced hairstyle."

It ain't metal, honey. She is scary, regarless of the medium used.

Comment

A sculpture of her wearing dark colored pajamas and a face scarf with a AK47 at port arms would actually fit her personality more accurately. She has professed her hatred of this country by her rantings that are actually documented in her college thesis that you will never see posted due to the bias media support her and her husband receive. The funny thing is the majority of her college tuition was paid for by tax payer money provided by americans. thumbs down to her. Maybe Oprah can buy the sculpture.
                      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
                        A sculpture of her wearing dark colored pajamas and a face scarf with a AK47 at port arms would actually fit her personality more accurately. She has professed her hatred of this country by her rantings that are actually documented in her college thesis that you will never see posted due to the bias media support her and her husband receive. The funny thing is the majority of her college tuition was paid for by tax payer money provided by americans. thumbs down to her. Maybe Oprah can buy the sculpture.
                        Careful there. You may have to take the competence test along with me.

Actually, I can see the libs coming up with a test like that. Once they ascend to power and have a "God-head" in power, they'll likely try to change the method of voting to ensure they stay in power.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
                          Any chance you have access to her college thesis, and can provide a 'paste' or a link?

Comment

Careful there. You may have to take the competence test along with me.

Actually, I can see the libs coming up with a test like that. Once they ascend to power and have a "God-head" in power, they'll likely try to change the method of voting to ensure they stay in power.
                            Actually, I think the last people that were disenfranchised came in Florida under the watch of the GOP. Actually, that was the last big voting corruption controversy that comes to my mind. Corruption, conflict of interest, etc. Sounds like its you "Conserv's" who need the watching...

And actually, I think the last "lib" President was Clinton. He was actually around for quite a while. Yet, he managed to resist the urge to put a competency-test in place. In fact, it seemed he had far fewer restrictions upon freedoms than Bush has placed...

Comment

Me too. Of course, if there was a presidential-competence test administered, we wouldn't be having any decisions about the Obamas.
                              I mean, wouldn't the world be SO much greater without child-minds choosing who runs the country? No more silly people accusing Obama of being a Muslim, no more people accusing his wife of being a terrorist, no more people accusing George W Bush of having a better service record than JOHN KERRY, no more people voting for Obama simply because he's Black, no more people voting for Hilary simply because she's a woman, no more people voting against Obama because he's Black, no more people voting for Obama because he's Democrat, no more people voting for McCain because he's a Republican, etc. Imagine a world like that. If you are willing or able, that is...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5435 users online. 304 members and 5131 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X