Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep. Rangel Calls Palin ‘Disabled’ in TV Interview

Still no cure for foot-in-mouth disease

WASHINGTON — Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., already in trouble for tax problems, called Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin “disabled” on Friday, and then quickly retreated and said he misspoke saying he meant “disadvantaged.”

Republicans called it a new low for the 78-year-old chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee.

Asked during an interview with New York’s WCBS-2 television why Democrats seem afraid of Pailin’s popularity, Rangel replied: “You got to be kind to the disabled.”

The reporter repeated the phrase.

“Yes,” replied Rangel and then added, “There’s no question about it. Politically it’s a nightmare to think that a person’s foreign policy is based on their ability to look at Russia from where they live.”

Soon after the interview aired, Rangel in a statement said that he meant to say “disadvantaged.”

“Governor Palin is an obviously healthy person who in no way fits the description of disabled. I meant to say then, and I am saying now, that she entered the campaign with a disadvantage in the area of foreign policy,” said Rangel.

Alex Conant, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee, said of Rangel’s remark: “As if achieving new ethical lows was not sufficient, now Rangel is hitting a rhetorical low. Insulting the next vice president will not distract from Rangel’s tax scandals.”

Rangel for weeks has been embroiled in controversy over his failure to report taxes on income from a beach house, use of three rent-stabilized apartments in his home district of Harlem, and using official stationery to try to drum up private donations for a college center named after the congressman. On Friday he reporting paying $10,800 in back taxes and said in an open letter to constituents that Republicans were waging a “guerrilla war” against him.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/19/rangel-palin/
    "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
    sigpic

who cares?

People misspeak all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by bldg0031 View Post
      who cares?

People misspeak all the time.

Are you serious?..."Misspeak"...this guy is a moron...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
        Thank you, you beat me to it.

Yes, people mis-speak all the time. And people jump all over them for it. If you are going to make a speech or give an interview, you should know what th hell you are saying.
        "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cgh6366 View Post
          Thank you, you beat me to it.

Yes, people mis-speak all the time. And people jump all over them for it. If you are going to make a speech or give an interview, you should know what th hell you are saying.
          You should .. I agree. But sometimes we all use the wrong words.

I know nothing of this guy. But this doesn't mean anything.

Do any of us believe that Mccain doesn't know what the SIPC is because he said SPIC?

Comment

Disabled?...Does Saarah look "disabled"...Is that the best this dork can come up w/?...He should be in jail sharing a cell w/ Wesley Snipps...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
              Yawn.....

Repubs mis-speak....the lefts are all over it.....

Libs mis-speak.....Repubs are all over it....but the lefties blow them off as no big deal....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                Yawn.....

Libs mis-speak.....Repubs are all over it....but the lefties blow them off as no big deal....

lol, like Repubs don't blow them off as no big deal?? You just showed us all something right there.
                "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Comment

He knew what he was saying and why he said it....he is just covering his tracks like a coward. I have no respect for anyone (no matter what party) who cant just cant come out and say that they said what they said and they meant it...apologize if its sincere, but dont make up stuff to sugar coat it...or say I am sorry , if you dont mean it.
                  "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Yawn.....

Funny .. I said no big deal for dems and repubs. Even pointed out a mistake by Mccain and defended him. Interesting that you all you can do is attack.

Have any real thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by bldg0031 View Post
                      Interesting that you all you can do is attack.
                      Interesting that you and all your lefty buddies hang out here....on a LEO site....just to stir crap up.....and barely (if at all) post anything LE related.....

You do know dailykos.com and huffingtonreport.com have places you can hangout at.....and post your crap stirring garbage....?

Comment

:
                        Originally Posted by bldg0031 View Post
                        Interesting that you all you can do is attack.
                        Interesting that you and all your lefty buddies hang out here....on a LEO site....just to stir crap up.....and barely (if at all) post anything LE related.....

You do know dailykos.com and huffingtonreport.com have places you can hangout at.....and post your crap stirring garbage....?
                        The man is back barely two days, and he's already got lefty buddies??? You go bldg0031.....that's what I call schmooozing ...

Comment

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) says he will bomb Pakistan. Oops - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) says he sees WW2 dead attending a memorial day ceremony. Oops - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) says we have 57 states. Oops - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) says his grandfather liberated a concentration camp when we wasn't even there. Oops - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) says he never heard Wright make his racist, anti-American statements when it was later proven he had. Oops - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) says we invaded villages and bombed innocent civilians in Iraq. Oops - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) sais he had more foreign relations experience that Bill Clinton did when he ran, because as a child he spent a few years in another country. Opps - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) says Sean Hannity has attacked him and his wife personally but cannot provide a single quote or instance of proof. Oops - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) says all we need to do is inflate our tires to end the energy crisis. Oops - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) said the surge would never work. Oops - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) referred to a professional reporter who happened to be a woman as "Honey..." Oops - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) says to his San Franciso fans (when he thinks no one in "real" America is listening) we "blue collar Americans cling to our guns and religion" and have a hard time relating to others not of our persuasion. Oops - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) said he was going to raise taxes and then said, "No I didn't - only if the economy can take it." Oops - misspoke.

Barry "my Islamic Faith" Hussein Obama (not Osama) said he did NOT vote against the bill protecting babies born of botched abortions when proof was presented he clearly and vocally, did. Oops - misspoke.

And on and on and on.....

I prefer lie to "misspeak." It's a real word and only one syllable for us simpler-minded red staters.
                          The All New
                          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Oh...and as to Rangle...

He's a hate-filled lib. Making light of mental disbility. HOW DARE HE! There must be an investigation when his tax evasion investigation is over but right before he claims he "misspoke" about the income he made.

I demand he apologize and resign as he would expect any republican to do who had done the same thing.

What a maroon.
                            The All New
                            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I don't think its a big deal. The same way I don't think its a big deal when other "grown" men make simple-minded attacks on Obama. Sure, its stupid and embarrassing to watch people make fools of themselves, but, thats just the nature of the game. I mean, it is what it is, thats all you can say. Politics are full of hate and condescending comments and irrelevant attacks (As has been so prominently displayed by the usual suspects in this thread). You can't get mad at Rangel for what all politicians and pundits do, Left and Right. Only the most biased and narrow-minded individual would get mad at Rangel for making these comments while blatantly lying to themselves and saying people on the Right don't do the same. So, it is what it is. People shouldn't throw stones in a glass house...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5726 users online. 325 members and 5401 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X