Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad week for McCain

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bad week for McCain

    Can something explain how John McCain could be against the bailout of AIG on the Today show, and be for it the very next day on ABC?

    Can someone explain why McCain thinks the American people are dumb enough to think he was refering to the American workers when he repeated and repeated that the "fundamentals" of the economy are strong?
    "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

  • #2
    It's what all politician do, or the media does to them by twisting/changing their words.

    Reminds me of an SNL skit 4 years ago with John Kerry...

    "Y'know this president likes to talk about how I called [the war in] Iraq 'the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time.' - then a few days later, how I said that anyone who doesn't think the world is a safer place without Saddam Hussein is not fit to be commander-in-chief. But what he doesn't tell you, is that when I denounced the war in Iraq, I was speaking to an anti-war group. And when I endorsed the war, I was addressing a pro-war delegation from the UGA. The fact of the matter is I have consistently supported the war in front of pro-war audiences, and condemned it when speaking to groups that oppose it. That is not flip-flopping, that is pandering, and America deserves a president that knows the difference!"

    I personally like McCain and Palin, at least a hell of a lot more than Obama/Biden. Is he perfect, no, but I can't remember a politician I agreed with 100% in my life.
    "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

    If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
      Can something explain how John McCain could be against the bailout of AIG on the Today show, and be for it the very next day on ABC?

      Can someone explain why McCain thinks the American people are dumb enough to think he was refering to the American workers when he repeated and repeated that the "fundamentals" of the economy are strong?
      No, I can't explain it.
      Last edited by Stormy; 11-02-2008, 01:53 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        "........ This....... IS......... The..........

        Song that never ends! Yes it goes on and on MY FRIENDS!

        Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it because, because because! ......................."

        1*

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
          "........ This....... IS......... The..........

          Song that never ends! Yes it goes on and on MY FRIENDS!

          Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it because, because because! ......................."

          But......how can you hide an elephant under the rug?
          Last edited by Stormy; 11-02-2008, 01:53 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Stormy View Post
            Don't ya just wish you can shove those McCain videos under the rug, and make 'em go away? But......how can you hide an elephant under the rug?
            *acts like bldg says I do* I don't know, how can you shove obama under a carpet with his huge ears?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Stormy View Post
              But......how can you hide an elephant under the rug?
              I don't know, just like I have no idea how you hide an *** under minimal fabric, but I've seen many try

              "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

              If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                The fact is that politicians have no idea of the complexities of the financial situations and the consequences of different plans. Neither McCain nor Obama has distinguished himself with an understanding of finance.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
                  Can something explain how John McCain could be against the bailout of AIG on the Today show, and be for it the very next day on ABC?
                  IDK - he cant remember what the frig he said??

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mjhoyt27;
                    Can something explain how John McCain could be against the bailout of AIG on the Today show, and be for it the very next day on ABC?

                    Can someone explain why McCain thinks the American people are dumb enough to think he was refering to the American workers when he repeated and repeated that the "fundamentals" of the economy are strong?
                    That's why we need Palin for Pres.
                    Politically Correct? No.

                    Truthful? Yes!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                      Former POW says McCain is "not cut out to be President"
                      Yawn.....

                      I'm a Vet....and I know 1000s of Vets that want him over B. Hussein Obama II.....

                      Whats that got to do with anything......other than you trying to stir crap up....?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
                        Can something explain how John McCain could be against the bailout of AIG on the Today show, and be for it the very next day on ABC?
                        Of course....you forget to mention all the crap that B. Hussein Obama II has flipped on over the last year or so......

                        Guess when someone on the right does so....you can bash them....but when someone on the left does so.....you just forget to mention it.......

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                          Of course....you forget to mention all the crap that B. Hussein Obama II has flipped on over the last year or so......

                          Guess when someone on the right does so....you can bash them....but when someone on the left does so.....you just forget to mention it.......
                          Actually, Obama's stance on the economy and regulation has been consistent.

                          Yes Obama has flipped on an issue, never within 24 hours though. If someone were to change their minds after a few months, I would say that they figured they were wrong and changed their position. Which is exactly what I said about McCain and his mind changing on off shore oil drilling. When he changes his mind within 24 hours, that means he is a liar and is saying anything he can to get elected. Just like all of a sudden now, he is Mister pro regulator, after a 20 + year stance as a de-regulator. See the difference...I'm sure you won't.
                          "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            :
                            Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
                            Former POW says McCain is "not cut out to be President"
                            Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                            Yawn.....

                            I'm a Vet....and I know 1000s of Vets that want him over B. Hussein Obama II.....

                            Whats that got to do with anything......other than you trying to stir crap up....?

                            Yeah, and the more I stir up the crap, what comes to the surface........YOU!

                            The key word here is POW. Repeat after me..... P - O - W (prisoner-of-war).....
                            Last edited by Stormy; 11-02-2008, 01:54 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              :
                              Originally Posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                              Of course....you forget to mention all the crap that B. Hussein Obama II has flipped on over the last year or so......

                              Guess when someone on the right does so....you can bash them....but when someone on the left does so.....you just forget to mention it....
                              Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
                              Actually, Obama's stance on the economy and regulation has been consistent.

                              Yes Obama has flipped on an issue, never within 24 hours though. If someone were to change their minds after a few months, I would say that they figured they were wrong and changed their position. Which is exactly what I said about McCain and his mind changing on off shore oil drilling. When he changes his mind within 24 hours, that means he is a liar and is saying anything he can to get elected. Just like all of a sudden now, he is Mister pro regulator, after a 20 + year stance as a de-regulator. See the difference...I'm sure you won't.
                              He won't.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4481 users online. 223 members and 4258 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X