Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOP Senator: A 'stretch' to Say Palin Is Qualified

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GOP Senator: A 'stretch' to Say Palin Is Qualified

    Come on, Chuck, get with the program. She is simply amazing - smooth, smart, clear, regular, plain folk, honest, polite and may I say; DAY-um easy to look at. You got a problem with that???

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

    GOP senator: A 'stretch' to say Palin is qualified

    WASHINGTON - Nebraska Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel said his party's vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin, lacks foreign policy experience and called it a "stretch" to say she's qualified to be president.


    "She doesn't have any foreign policy credentials," Hagel said in an interview published Thursday by the Omaha World-Herald. "You get a passport for the first time in your life last year? I mean, I don't know what you can say. You can't say anything."


    Could Palin lead the country if GOP presidential nominee John McCain could not?

    SNIP

    '...Hagel took issue with that argument. "I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, 'I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia,'" he said. "That kind of thing is insulting to the American people."

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/...pr/hagel_palin

  • #2
    Originally posted by Stormy View Post
    Come on, Chuck, get with the program. She is simply amazing - smooth, smart, clear, regular, plain folk, honest, polite and may I say; DAY-um easy to look at. You got a problem with that???

    Comment


    • #3
      Chuck better not, because she's about to be President of the United States... Probably with in the next 2 years.

      Comment


      • #4
        Stormy, your constant snark and sarcasm is getting very old. It would be one thing if you were a liberal, but you just seem to hate everyone in politics.

        The funny thing is, she still is better qualified than Obama.
        For every one hundred men you send us,
        Ten should not even be here.
        Eighty are nothing but targets.
        Nine of them are real fighters;
        We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
        Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
        And he will bring the others back.

        Comment


        • #5
          Her experience is on par with Obama's, and he is trying to become the head guy and not second in line.

          Also, my inlaws are from NE, and he is not exaclty liked by the conservatives in the state.
          A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
            Her experience is on par with Obama's, and he is trying to become the head guy and not second in line.

            Also, my inlaws are from NE, and he is not exaclty liked by the conservatives in the state.
            Of course he isn't liked by them. He isn't a raving lunatic.
            "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Stormy View Post
              GOP senator: A 'stretch' to say Palin is qualified

              WASHINGTON - Nebraska Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel said his party's vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin, lacks foreign policy experience and called it a "stretch" to say she's qualified to be president.


              "She doesn't have any foreign policy credentials," Hagel said in an interview published Thursday by the Omaha World-Herald. "You get a passport for the first time in your life last year? I mean, I don't know what you can say. You can't say anything."


              Could Palin lead the country if GOP presidential nominee John McCain could not?

              SNIP

              '...Hagel took issue with that argument. "I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, 'I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia,'" he said. "That kind of thing is insulting to the American people."
              This sort of sentiment is going to broaden and deepen all the way up to November 4th. The Palin gimmick, like all marketing gimmicks, will be short lived. And in the end people will be wondering what the hell was I thinking?.
              ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
                Her experience is on par with Obama's, and he is trying to become the head guy and not second in line.

                Also, my inlaws are from NE, and he is not exaclty liked by the conservatives in the state.
                VP shouldn't be taken lightly. Especially not in this case, given McCain's advanced age. You really can't say "Eh, its OK to be inexperienced as a VP, but NOT President!". Its all or nothing...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
                  Of course he isn't liked by them. He isn't a raving lunatic.
                  Spoken like a true easterner.

                  I'm talking about the farmers, ranchers and CITIZENS of the state, not the power people. They can't stand him because THEY elected him then he went to DC and abandoned them.
                  A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
                    VP shouldn't be taken lightly. Especially not in this case, given McCain's advanced age. You really can't say "Eh, its OK to be inexperienced as a VP, but NOT President!". Its all or nothing...
                    That's the position of those supporting Obama. Most McCain/Palin people are willing to concede BHO and Palin are equally experienced, yet, they think it is wrong for her to be the VEEP but OK for Obama to run for POTUS.
                    A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What are the qualifications for VP?

                      I seem to remember an Age minimum, and a requirment of being a US Citizen.

                      these guys are not interviewing and hiring their peers. They are supposed to be accepting the will of the people.

                      M-11
                      “All men dream...... But not equally..
                      Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                      but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                      for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

                      TE Lawrence

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by (S)Sgt Elmer View Post
                        Stormy, your constant snark and sarcasm is getting very old. It would be one thing if you were a liberal, but you just seem to hate everyone in politics.

                        The funny thing is, she still is better qualified than Obama.
                        Sgt. Elmer, you've just about summed it up, perfectly. I'm all for a federal government that doesn't interfere in states rights, and it's only function is to control inter-state commerce, mint coin, and safe-guard our borders. This would require the least amount of politicians to run smoothly. And, even those politicians, elected from the average citizens, should attend to their office duties for no more than one term.

                        Yes, I like Palin more so than Obama. And, given the qualifications from the above, I'd rather vote for her, than Obama. Why? Because she doesn't come into politics with baggage, besides the she-said, he-said issues at her state level, she doesn't owe anyone in Washington.

                        Matter of fact, she was chosen because of such a background. And only now, the neo-cons are shaping her, and molding her to their way of thinking. I believe she will give-in to their bullying ways, and lose her political innocense rather quickly. She has already been screened by AIPAC, and approved, after having sworn allegiance to back Israel, come hell or high water.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
                          That's the position of those supporting Obama. Most McCain/Palin people are willing to concede BHO and Palin are equally experienced, yet, they think it is wrong for her to be the VEEP but OK for Obama to run for POTUS.
                          So, in effect, the two sides cancel each other out. Logically, that is...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by (S)Sgt Elmer View Post

                            The funny thing is, she still is better qualified than Obama.
                            I would ask if you were serious about this, but I know you are. I dare to ask....how?
                            "Against the machinations of your enemies you can take defense, but against the stupidity of fools, the very gods themselves fight in vain" ~ Johann C.F. Von Schiller


                            "Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons, gullibility, which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck."
                            --Thomas Jefferson

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This is news? What about a former President and two current senators (including a current VP running mate) calling a Presidential candidate "unqualified"??
                              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

                              "You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5796 users online. 321 members and 5475 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X