X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Star Josh Howard Dis's National Anthem

Star Spangled mess: Mavs’ Howard insults anthem
    5 hours, 34 minutes ago

Buzz Up PrintDALLAS (AP)—The battered reputation of Josh Howard took another hit this week when an online video surfaced showing the Dallas Mavericks forward disrespecting the national anthem.

In a video posted on YouTube, Howard is shown on a football field at a charity flag football game. As the national anthem plays in the background, Howard approaches a camera and says: “‘The Star Spangled Banner’ is going on right now. I don’t even celebrate that (expletive). I’m black.”

Howard’s agent, Jeff Schwartz, did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment. Donnie Nelson, the Mavericks’ president of basketball operations, directed questions to team owner Mark Cuban, who in an e-mail declined to comment.

The incident is the latest off-court problem for Howard, a fifth-year pro from Wake Forest who averaged 19.9 points and seven rebounds last season. He was arrested in July when police said he was drag racing at 94 mph in a 55 zone. A court appearance was scheduled for next week.

Howard was criticized last season for saying in a radio interview during a first-round playoff series against New Orleans that he occasionally smokes marijuana. Later that same series, he angered coach Avery Johnson by throwing himself a birthday bash after a Game 4 loss to the Hornets.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

What a freaking DBag! I used to respect him...not anymore!

Stupid, irresponsible thing to say. But to correct the various news-stories out there, Josh Howard isn't a "star". You can't be a star when the reason you're most famous is because you admitted to smoking weed in the off-season...

Comment

The Miami Heat beat them in the Finals a couple years ago...

Stupid comment...
      sigpic

Comment

File this with the Lindsey Lohan story...seriously, the antics of a pro athelete, who cares?
        ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

Originally posted by SkepticAlways View Post
          File this with the Lindsey Lohan story...seriously, the antics of a pro athelete, who cares?
          Because he's an idiot. Expressing a dumb opinion like an idiot. The media likes to cover such stories. There's a lot of eloquent and dignified athletes (AND celebrities) that have insightful, well-thought-out things to say, but its not fun for the media/the masses to watch that. Its always easier to laugh with the clown than to battle wits with the ring-master...

Comment

Obviously this country has him beaten down, virtually living on the streets. Nope, no opportunity for him to succeed here.

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
              Obviously this country has him beaten down, virtually living on the streets. Nope, no opportunity for him to succeed here.
              Its awesome that in this country a person can use their talents to get ahead in life and make millions upon millions of dollars. Its too bad that a lot of players in the NBA/NFL come from the ghetto. And in a lot of ghetto's, the school-systems are under-funded and misguided and a lot of the kids there have to rely on sports or other less-intellectually-stimulating ways to 'get out' of their situation. Of course, obviously, the burden of success or failure with these children has to lie on the parents of such children born into the undesirable situation, but to deny the disadvantaged circumstances and resources in which they have in their 'ghetto' is criminal...

So the point-being...I don't understand why some people act 'surprised' when some of these athletes who grew up with the typical 'ghetto' aspirations to be athletes or rappers end up saying or doing something stupid. You can give a person millions of dollars, but you can't give them class or the knowledge of how to act in a world they were never apart of until they were given their huge contract...

Comment

BS. This guy is trash, he doesn't deserve to be in our society. He should rot in the ghetto somewhere.

And before someone starts saying that the kids in the ghetto are left out ............... . I know PLENTY of teachers in the ghetto - these schools get TONS on money. They get more than they can really use. But you can't spend money on garbage and expect it to smell better than ...... garbage. It is the parents' and their kidss fault. There is NO WAY that ANYONE can make me believe that a kid who gets straight A's in the ghetto would be passed over for a decent college. ZERO chance. Heck, the school I went to RECRUITED minorities.

Nah, "homey don't play that game." You want to succeed, then study!

Back to this turd, ef-him. I hope he gets hurt enough not to "play" again. He is a whiney spoiled brat POS.
                Last edited by scratched13; 09-18-2008, 09:54 AM.
                Space for rent .........

Comment

The Obamas have the same attitude. This guy is probably a close friend of theirs.
                  The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Shoot him... in the face with a BB gun 300 times. Then give him camo's and a 22 pistol and send him to Afghanistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier_Boy View Post
                      Shoot him... in the face with a BB gun 300 times. Then give him camo's and a 22 pistol and send him to Afghanistan.
                      Only if we get to do that to psychotic, insane, overtly-violent lunatics like you, first. Do you have a position that requires you to be in possession of a firearm? I hope not. Who knows what terrible tragedy will result in the future due to your limited judgment skills...

Comment

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                        BS. This guy is trash, he doesn't deserve to be in our society. He should rot in the ghetto somewhere.

And before someone starts saying that the kids in the ghetto are left out ............... . I know PLENTY of teachers in the ghetto - these schools get TONS on money. They get more than they can really use. But you can't spend money on garbage and expect it to smell better than ...... garbage. It is the parents' and their kidss fault. There is NO WAY that ANYONE can make me believe that a kid who gets straight A's in the ghetto would be passed over for a decent college. ZERO chance. Heck, the school I went to RECRUITED minorities.

Nah, "homey don't play that game." You want to succeed, then study!

Back to this turd, ef-him. I hope he gets hurt enough not to "play" again. He is a whiney spoiled brat POS.
                        Eh, I mean, I've worked at two different school districts "in the ghetto", and there's def. a difference between the funding and allotment those schools get as compared to what the schools in the nicer areas get. And of course, theres widespread incompetance and hopelessness that trickles down to the welfare of the children. Of course, in the nicer areas, the parents DEMAND proper conditions and above-average teacher performance. In the ghetto? Not so much. So, the school system and many teachers simply don't go above and beyond what they must. There will always be those that do but they are by far the minority. As a result, the children are the ones that ultimately suffer. So as stated, the responsibility of motivating a child must come from the parents first but there's no denying the descrpancy between the quality of education at a school in the hood vs in the suburbs...

And he's not a "whiney spoiled brat" at all. Parents abandoned him, raised by his grandmother, was the first kid in his family to go to college, Wake Forest. Of course, the reason he got there was because of athletics, not academics. But hey, at least he earned his way. Nothing was 'given' to him. Aside from the money, which, he worked for. So I don't know where the 'brat' part comes from. All he's guilty of is being uncultured and ignorant to his history...

Comment

Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
                          Only if we get to do that to psychotic, insane, overtly-violent lunatics like you, first. Do you have a position that requires you to be in possession of a firearm? I hope not. Who knows what terrible tragedy will result in the future due to your limited judgment skills...
                          Of course I do DaLaw! I love my guns and I love my country!

I'll tell you what makes me psychotic and insane. If it weren't for America and the great country that ole Joshy Thug lives in... He wouldn't have crap, but instead he gets to make MILLIONS more than you or me, because he can put a ball in a hoop. Which is EXACTLY what he LOVES to do.

Which is what I call The American Dream.

Now, Josh Howard went off about how he doesn't believe in the National Anthem. Fine.

He shouldn't stand up and pay tribute to the flag 82 times a year in arenas all over the country. If he sat down and didn't participate then, I may be able to understand him spouting off at the mouth.

He takes every advantage that America gives him. He should have a little more respect than that, but he doesn't. He is a two faced coward, and I would gladly say that right to his face. With a smile on mine.

At the end of this thugs tangent he mentions Obama 08. Your boy Barack Hussein Obama (Not Osama) better hope that this doesn't come back on him.

Now how about the military men and women who are black? Josh Howard spit in their face with that stunt. So let him go spend some time with them and see if he makes it back. I don't care either way.

Also, DaLaw you know NOTHING about me. So feel free to refrain from calling my a psychotic, insane, overtly-violent lunatic. And trust me BB guns aren't violent. Razor blades, rubbing alcohol, and salt is violent

In my neck of the woods all Josh Howard needs is a good old fashioned @ss kicking to straighten him out.

Comment

I'll tell you what makes me psychotic and insane. If it weren't for America and the great country that ole Joshy Thug lives in... He wouldn't have crap, but instead he gets to make MILLIONS more than you or me, because he can put a ball in a hoop. Which is EXACTLY what he LOVES to do.

Now, Josh Howard went off about how he doesn't believe in the National Anthem. Fine.

He shouldn't stand up and pay tribute to the flag 82 times a year in arenas all over the country. If he sat down and didn't participate then, I may be able to understand him spouting off at the mouth.

He takes every advantage that America gives him. He should have a little more respect than that, but he doesn't. He is a two faced coward, and I would gladly say that right to his face. With a smile on mine.

At the end of this thugs tangent he mentions Obama 08. Your boy Barack Hussein Obama (Not Osama) better hope that this doesn't come back on him.

Now how about the military men and women who are black? Josh Howard spit in their face with that stunt. So let him go spend some time with them and see if he makes it back. I don't care either way.

Also, DaLaw you know NOTHING about me. So feel free to refrain from calling my a psychotic, insane, overtly-violent lunatic. And trust me BB guns aren't violent. Razor blades, rubbing alcohol, and salt is violent

In my neck of the woods all Josh Howard needs is a good old fashioned @ss kicking to straighten him out.

+1

Comment

I'm sorry, but after you say that someone should be SHOT IN THE FACE WITH A BB GUN 300 TIMES...you lose the ability to say "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME!". Sorry sir, you ARE a psychotic, insane, overtly-violent lunatic. Or, at the very least, a very immature, reckless person who says foolish things on the internet. I think the annoymity of the internet should disappear. So when someone says something as stupid, violent, and disgusting as THAT...their friends, family, employer, etc can see and have access to it...

And I'm not defending Josh Howard, he is wrong. BUT, you are also wrong. There's no place for Josh Howard comments, and there's no place for comments like yours, talking about shooting someone in the face. What a joke...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3855 users online. 244 members and 3611 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X