Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paki Troops Fire On U.S. Helicopters

Pakistani troops fire on US helicopters

ISLAMABAD, Sept 15 - Firing by Pakistani troops forced U.S. military helicopters to turn back to Afghanistan after they crossed into Pakistani territory in the early hours of Monday, Pakistani security officials said.

The incident took place near Angor Adda, a village in the tribal region of South Waziristan where U.S. commandos had carried out a heli-borne raid earlier this month. At least 20 people, including women and children, were killed, sparking outrage in Pakistan, and prompting a diplomatic protest.

Pakistani army chief General Ashfaq Kayani said in a strongly worded statement last week that Pakistan would not allow foreign troops onto its soil and Pakistan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity would be defended at all cost.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9b37c3d2-8...nclick_check=1

Well...

Why are we invading pakistan?

I believe they do have a right to thier sovereignty, though that can't be whats at stake.
    They will all look up to me and shout, "Save us!", and I will whisper back... "No."

LAW is not JUSTICE

Comment

Pakistan's government has insufficient control over the tribal regions to keep in line with its commitment to the US to not harbor Al Queda, so the US wants to go into the area to take out the Al Quada people that are being harbored there, while Pakistan wants the US to keep out of the areas, because it considers them to be its territory, even though it has much less control over them than it has over the rest of the country.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3283 users online. 167 members and 3116 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X