Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With which conservative stance do you agree?..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With which conservative stance do you agree?..

Just to ensure parity...

Well damn, my poll disappeared, all those questions so wittily engineered...

Alas...
    Last edited by nr5667; 09-16-2008, 07:11 PM.

Originally posted by nr5667 View Post
    Just to ensure parity...

Well damn, my poll disappeared, all those questions so wittily engineered...

Alas...
    Try again.

Comment

I did, but you can't add a poll via the edit option... I suppose I could just write them down, 'cause like Trooper's post, it's not really a poll...

Which conservative views do you agree with?

1. I only value human life when it's in the womb.
      2. I only believe in tax cuts that benefit the richest 5%, rather then tax cuts that benefit the other 95%.
      3. I support drilling for oil, that way, in 5-10 years, oil might be 5-10 cents cheaper than it would otherwise be.
      4. I'm paying for other people's health care whether I want to or not, but I'll be damned if I support a plan to make it cheaper.
      5. I derided female supporters of Hillary Clinton for supporting her simply because she's a woman, but hey, obviously we're the party of gender equity, we chose a woman for our VP candidate -- and not because she's a woman, we met with her for a whole 15 minutes before making the choice!
      6. We don't believe in talking to Iran, sure 6 previous heads of state think we should, sure we have unofficial liaison with Iran, but Obama is obviously a naive coward who would make the world laugh at us!
      7. I support the war on terror, just like I support the war on drugs and poverty -- look how well those worked!

Anywho... the list could probably go on...

Comment

I did, but you can't add a poll via the edit option... I suppose I could just write them down, 'cause like Trooper's post, it's not really a poll...

Which conservative views do you agree with?

1. I only value human life when it's in the womb.
        2. I only believe in tax cuts that benefit the richest 5%, rather then tax cuts that benefit the other 95%.
        3. I support drilling for oil, that way, in 5-10 years, oil might be 5-10 cents cheaper than it would otherwise be.
        4. I'm paying for other people's health care whether I want to or not, but I'll be damned if I support a plan to make it cheaper.
        5. I derided female supporters of Hillary Clinton for supporting her simply because she's a woman, but hey, obviously we're the party of gender equity, we chose a woman for our VP candidate -- and not because she's a woman, we met with her for a whole 15 minutes before making the choice!
        6. We don't believe in talking to Iran, sure 6 previous heads of state think we should, sure we have unofficial liaison with Iran, but Obama is obviously a naive coward who would make the world laugh at us!
        7. I support the war on terror, just like I support the war on drugs and poverty -- look how well those worked!

Anywho... the list could probably go on...
        With the crafty wording on the others, maybe you should change up #7... I think pretty much any American is going to support the GWOT. Even liberals.

Comment

Ah, but you see, war on terror is just slick advertising -- it really doesn't relate to reducing terrorism... Much like the war on drugs and the war on poverty...

But true, liberals are guilty of this too... It's a facade, slick advertising -- and for you conspiracy theorists out there, much, much more!

Comment

Ah, but you see, war on terror is just slick advertising -- it really doesn't relate to reducing terrorism... Much like the war on drugs and the war on poverty...

But true, liberals are guilty of this too... It's a facade, slick advertising -- and for you conspiracy theorists out there, much, much more!
            Admittedly, terrorism still exists. But since the actual GWOT began I haven't seen any more attacks in the United States... 9/11 and then they were overran. I believe I read an article a few weeks ago that claimed the numbers of Al-Qaeda had been cut by around 90% since 9/11.

Comment

How many attacks by Muslim terrorists did you see between the first WTC attack and 9/11?

That was 7 years... who knows, we're about due...

I'm not saying that our efforts against terrorism have been unsuccessful, I'm saying that the war on terror is a misleading statement... And therefore silly -- A war on terror is going to last a long, long time... And if we choose to end it, will it then be a failure if there's still terrorism? Will we ever end it? The war on poverty and drugs started a long time ago too...

Comment

How many attacks by Muslim terrorists did you see between the first WTC attack and 9/11?
                1995 March 8: Terrorists in Karachi, armed with automatic rifles, murdered two American consulate employees and wounded a third as they traveled in the consulate shuttle bus.
                1997 February 24: Ali Abu Kamal opens fire on tourists at an observation deck atop the Empire State Building in New York City, killing a Danish national and wounding visitors from the United States, Argentina, Switzerland and France before turning the gun on himself. A handwritten note carried by the gunman claims this was a punishment attack against the "enemies of Palestine". His widow claimed he became suicidal after losing $300,000 in a business venture. In a 2007 interview with the New York Daily News his daughter said her mother's story was a cover crafted by the Palestinian Authority and that her father wanted to punish the United States for its support of Israel.
                (attempt) 1999 December 14: Ahmed Ressam is arrested on the United States-Canada border in Port Angeles, Washington; he confessed to planning to bomb the Los Angeles International Airport as part of the 2000 millennium attack plots.
                October 12: USS Cole bombing kills 17 US sailors and wounds 40 off the port of Aden, by al-Qaeda; see FBI Most Wanted Terrorists, the Buffalo Six Lackawanna Cell.
                I found those in a couple of minutes on Wikipedia.

Comment

You must believe the GWOT only takes place in Iraq and Afghanistan... right?
                  “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

^^ just to name a few err.. referring to Velobards post.

Comment

I meant in America, there were quite a few attacks outside of the U.S -- if that's your metric, then the war on terror has failed spectacularly.

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                        You must believe the GWOT only takes place in Iraq and Afghanistan... right?
                        ...Wrong.

Comment

...Wrong.
                          Then how can you say that it's "like the war on drugs?"

(by comparing those too it seems that you're saying it's a waste)
                          “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

I meant in America, there were quite a few attacks outside of the U.S -- if that's your metric, then the war on terror has failed spectacularly.
                            I only counted the ones in America or specifically against American interests elsewhere. Are you going to claim something like the USS Cole bombing doesn't count because it happened didn't happen in U.S. waters?

Have you ever looked at the history of Muslim terrorism against this country before the first WTC bombing?

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
                              I only counted the ones in America or specifically against American interests elsewhere. Are you going to claim something like the USS Cole bombing doesn't count because it happened didn't happen in U.S. waters?

Have you ever looked at the history of Muslim terrorism against this country before the first WTC bombing?
                              Well then, there have been a lot more attacks on America if that's how you're going to do it...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3661 users online. 167 members and 3494 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X