X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scratched13
    replied
    Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
    You did a great job of ignoring the facts I brought up about McCain, and his B.S "reform" idea, which he stole.
    Here you go:

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008...re-bipartisan/

This shows that MacCain has voted with Dems quite a bit:

In fact, by several measures, Mr. McCain has been more likely to team up with Democrats than with members of his own party. Democrats made up 55 percent of his political partners over the last two Congresses, including on the tough issues of campaign finance and global warming.

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    Originally posted by LeanG View Post
    Michelle Obama is not running for office. Why should she have to answer questions dealing with policy?
    Because she is CAMPAIGNING for him.

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    Originally posted by Stormy View Post
    Being a POW is not a qualifier for a good president. I've heard his POW story from many different sources. Some legitimate, and others questionable. I'm tired of hearing even more. If you want to worship his POW experience, so be it. I want to hear him tell America how we will survive the coming financial tsunami, the bank closings, the FDIC failures, Russia's aggression, the cost of food and other commodities going sky high, etc. Don't you?

This is what a presidential candidate should be speaking about. Take Ron Paul, for example. Did he bad-mouth the other candidates? No. He spoke about America, and it's needs from the point of view of the average Joe's living conditions, and hoe the Fed is screwing us royally. Isn't that important to you? Or, do you want to hear how McCain was tortured?
    My point of bringing up his war record is this: He served his country - to the point of being tortured for years. And you really want to go down the road of questioning that it was hard? Kerry brought up HIS service - and THAT was questionable.

Obama HAS brought up issues that involve McCain's disabilities. So, sure, it enters the debate.

Leave a comment:

• mjhoyt27
    replied
    Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
    Change? Change! Change ......... change. Whoopdie do. They can't mimic the lame NONPOSITION of "change?" Sorry, Obama's position is an empty suit. HE talks a great game ..... infront of a teleprompter. Put him iin front of a town hall meeting the McCain wants and let's see what happens.
    You did a great job of ignoring the facts I brought up about McCain, and his B.S "reform" idea, which he stole.

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    replied
    Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
    Who said anything about policy? She had final say on any question. You can blame Hillary for why the wife is now considered fair game. If the wife appears like she will be having more to do with decision making than normal (healthcare as an example) then she will face the same questions as the candidate themselves.

Miss Obama appears as if she will be a first wife (if elected) in the role of hillary. Wanting to make policy decisions which affect the nation. Miss McCain does not appear to have a background suggesting she will have anything to do with policy so she doesn't get the hard questions. If Mr. Palin wants to be actively involved in making decisions then he gets the third degree was well.
    "I" said policy. You're still losing me. Why should Michelle have to answer questions that she feels uncomfortable answering again? She's not a politician. She's not held accountable by the public. Neither was Bill Clinton's brother.....whatshisname.

Any comments she makes on her own are her opinions. If a talk show would like to have her on as a guest, she should be able to dictate the terms. I see nothing wrong with that. If they disagreed with the terms, they were free to rescind the invitation and offer them to someone else.

.....and she doesn't strike me as one to write policy like Hillary did in the first term...

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by LeanG View Post
    Michelle Obama is not running for office. Why should she have to answer questions dealing with policy?
    Who said anything about policy? She had final say on any question. You can blame Hillary for why the wife is now considered fair game. If the wife appears like she will be having more to do with decision making than normal (healthcare as an example) then she will face the same questions as the candidate themselves.

Miss Obama appears as if she will be a first wife (if elected) in the role of hillary. Wanting to make policy decisions which affect the nation. Miss McCain does not appear to have a background suggesting she will have anything to do with policy so she doesn't get the hard questions. If Mr. Palin wants to be actively involved in making decisions then he gets the third degree was well.

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    replied
    Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
    None of these shows are. But people get news from them, Oprah, The daily show, Colbert, etc. He!! I've seen people on here quoting the daily show saying it is better and more accurate than the news.

As far as McCain and the view, at least he went on without being told what the questions would be and what the topics were. Miss Obama DEMANDED to know up front what the questions were as well as TOLD THEM what wouldn't be discussed.

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied
    Originally posted by tony.o View Post
    Not like I'm trying to encourage you to post more than you already do, Stormy, but what I'm tired of is Obama sticking race in our faces every time he opens his damn mouth. He's been shoving race in our faces for the past year and I'm sick of it. Hell, a year ago, he wasn't black enough for them.
    I agree, completely.
    ps. Obama should've chosen Hillary for the vp slot. A very serious, political mistake.
    Last edited by Stormy; 11-02-2008, 01:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    Not like I'm trying to encourage you to post more than you already do, Stormy, but what I'm tired of is Obama sticking race in our faces every time he opens his damn mouth. He's been shoving race in our faces for the past year and I'm sick of it. Hell, a year ago, he wasn't black enough for them.

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied
    :
    Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I know what'll happen. We'll hear from McCain about his POW experience, over, and over, and over again, while Obama sits with his mouth shut. BORING!!
    It's funny. Kerry blathered on about his extensive service. It was questionable and questioned. McCain? His over 5 years in a POW cell with the constant torture. Eh, whatever.

But Obama was a communit organizer and later a Senator. That means he should already have 2 memoirs out??????????
    Being a POW is not a qualifier for a good president.
    This is what a presidential candidate should be speaking about. Take Ron Paul, for example. Did he bad-mouth the other candidates? No. He spoke about America, and it's needs from the point of view of the average Joe's living conditions, and hoe the Fed is screwing us royally. Isn't that important to you?
    Last edited by Stormy; 11-02-2008, 01:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    Originally posted by Stormy View Post
    I know what'll happen. We'll hear from McCain about his POW experience, over, and over, and over again, while Obama sits with his mouth shut. BORING!!
    It's funny. Kerry blathered on about his extensive service. It was questionable and questioned. McCain? His over 5 years in a POW cell with the constant torture. Eh, whatever.

But Obama was a communit organizer and later a Senator. That means he should already have 2 memoirs out??????????

Leave a comment:

• PB3021
    replied
    I'm pretty sure "the view" is a talk show and not "the media", or is Jerry Springer and Montel considered "the media" as well.
    Absolutely they're part of the media. They may not be specific news shows, however they do provide information to the public and, once they showcase politcal candidates and their ideas, they become, however briefly, politcal showcases. Let's keep in mind, just because we think they're inferior to more experienced "journalists", they still provide facts, ideals and other information to daytime viewers. That makes them news/information providers.

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    None of these shows are. But people get news from them, Oprah, The daily show, Colbert, etc. He!! I've seen people on here quoting the daily show saying it is better and more accurate than the news.

As far as McCain and the view, at least he went on without being told what the questions would be and what the topics were. Miss Obama DEMANDED to know up front what the questions were as well as TOLD THEM what wouldn't be discussed.

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied
    :
    Originally Posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
    The best part was him being pressed on the issue, on who him and Palin want to "reform" in Washington. His party, in which he has voted with 90% of the time, has been in Washington the last eight years. John McCain himself has been in Washington, what...a 150 years now or something. It's a crock of ****, and they are only talking about change now because that is what Obama has been saying it for the last year now.
    Change? Change! Change ......... change. Whoopdie do. They can't mimic the lame NONPOSITION of "change?" Sorry, Obama's position is an empty suit. HE talks a great game ..... infront of a teleprompter. Put him iin front of a town hall meeting the McCain wants and let's see what happens.
    I know what'll happen. We'll hear from McCain about his POW experiene, while Obama sits with his mouth shut.
    Last edited by Stormy; 11-02-2008, 01:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    The best part was him being pressed on the issue, on who him and Palin want to "reform" in Washington. His party, in which he has voted with 90% of the time, has been in Washington the last eight years. John McCain himself has been in Washington, what...a 150 years now or something. It's a crock of ****, and they are only talking about change now because that is what Obama has been saying it for the last year now.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5431 users online. 330 members and 5101 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X