Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a crock: The View

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
    This is like the 10th time I've seen you throw in some random personal attack on a celebrity/politician. "Joy (the really ugly one with the head the size of a footlocker)". I mean...you ARE a grown-man, right?

    And like others have said, "The View" is a day-time talk-show, its not a political show, its not part of the 'media'. Its a talk-show. The criteria for being a host on "The View" is being loud and having a (part of female anatomy). These aren't correspondents, anchors or journalist. To call them members of the media, like others have said, is a complete joke. If you think "The View" represents "liberal bias" in the media, you're doing a disservice to all the intelligent people in the world who actually believe in the 'liberal media' claims. There ARE examples of bias, but this is not one of them...
    +100

    Sometimes.........I just don't get it.

    Looks like someone just loves to play their conservative card every chance they get. I mean, what grown adult male considers The View a journalistic masterpiece? If/When they were praising the Palin pick (no proof so don't bother looking it up, but I'm sure they were), where were the calls of conservative bias? That's right, there were none.

    A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

    It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

    Comment


    • #17
      Well Barbar Walters was once a respected journalist, then she decided to do The View...Gimme a break, 20/20 is still a cool show though...
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
        Well Barbar Walters was once a respected journalist, then she decided to do The View...Gimme a break, 20/20 is still a cool show though...
        Respected journalist. I can't remember what year it was, maybe in the 70s or early 80s, she went to Cuba for an in depth report and lavished praise on murderer/dictator Fidel Castro and his glorious revolution. Its even been rumored that she had an affair with him while down there. Probably true, she slept with everyone around her.
        The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by tony.o View Post
          Respected journalist. I can't remember what year it was, maybe in the 70s or early 80s, she went to Cuba for an in depth report and lavished praise on murderer/dictator Fidel Castro and his glorious revolution. Its even been rumored that she had an affair with him while down there. Probably true, she slept with everyone around her.
          I remember hearing that she had an affair w/ senator Edward Brook...
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
            I'm pretty sure "the view" is a talk show and not "the media", or is Jerry Springer and Montel considered "the media" as well.
            Actually, shows like this are blurring the line into media. May people get their "facts" from shows like this. Heck, the MEDIA is interviewing these "hosts" to get their "news." It has become one big twisted mass of goop that people call the news.
            Space for rent .........

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
              This is like the 10th time I've seen you throw in some random personal attack on a celebrity/politician. "Joy (the really ugly one with the head the size of a footlocker)". I mean...you ARE a grown-man, right?

              And like others have said, "The View" is a day-time talk-show, its not a political show, its not part of the 'media'. Its a talk-show. The criteria for being a host on "The View" is being loud and having a (part of female anatomy). These aren't correspondents, anchors or journalist. To call them members of the media, like others have said, is a complete joke. If you think "The View" represents "liberal bias" in the media, you're doing a disservice to all the intelligent people in the world who actually believe in the 'liberal media' claims. There ARE examples of bias, but this is not one of them...
              You are smokin' crack if you believe the bolded above.

              And if it is NOT part of the media circus, then why oh why do the pols make the circuits? And why should anyone get bent out of shape b/c US mag has negative covers on Palin, but wonderful spreads of the incredible Obama family? Why? B/C people read them and think "NEWS!"

              Infotainment now includes all of it: talk shows, news programs, fake news programs (comedy channel - whathisname). All of those shows present themselves as serious outlets in some way. (Some are sleazy sly about it)

              The bottom line is, libs love Obama and they will use every possible outlet they can to get him elected. AND they want to be viewed as "unbiased" all the while.
              Space for rent .........

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                You are smokin' crack if you believe the bolded above.

                And if it is NOT part of the media circus, then why oh why do the pols make the circuits? And why should anyone get bent out of shape b/c US mag has negative covers on Palin, but wonderful spreads of the incredible Obama family? Why? B/C people read them and think "NEWS!"

                Infotainment now includes all of it: talk shows, news programs, fake news programs (comedy channel - whathisname). All of those shows present themselves as serious outlets in some way. (Some are sleazy sly about it)

                The bottom line is, libs love Obama and they will use every possible outlet they can to get him elected. AND they want to be viewed as "unbiased" all the while.
                Sorry buddy, "The View" is not a political-show in any sense of the word. They don't even try to present themselves as a political show. Its a day-time talk-show. Thats just...common-sense. I've had the unfortunate experience of having sat through an episode of two, there's no way anybody could mistake it for a political show. Unless they were in denial about a point they were trying to make...that failed horribly...

                And Hilary and Obama (and Cindy and Michelle) were on Ellen Degeneres. Is THAT a political show as well? McCain and Obama have been on Leno, is THAT a political show? Hell, Bill Clinton has been on late-night shows. Various politicians have as well. So its political? That makes sense to you?

                We can't get mad at "The View" or "US magazine" because the general public is too ignorant to decipher what is REAL, hard news and what is soft, fluff non-sense. We need to stop making excuses for American stupidity and apathy. As long as we coddle people into believing its not their fault for being uninformed and unaware of whats happening in the world, we will have stupid people who think "The View" is a political show that could easily fit into the schedule on MSNBC, CSPAN, etc...

                Comment


                • #23
                  I think it is pretty telling that McCain is barely able to field the questions posed on a silly talk show like "The View". I am really interested to see how he performs in the upcoming debates.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                    I think it is pretty telling that McCain is barely able to field the questions posed on a silly talk show like "The View". I am really interested to see how he performs in the upcoming debates.
                    The best part was him being pressed on the issue, on who him and Palin want to "reform" in Washington. His party, in which he has voted with 90% of the time, has been in Washington the last eight years. John McCain himself has been in Washington, what...a 150 years now or something. It's a crock of ****, and they are only talking about change now because that is what Obama has been saying it for the last year now.
                    "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
                      Sorry buddy, "The View" is not a political-show in any sense of the word. They don't even try to present themselves as a political show. Its a day-time talk-show. Thats just...common-sense. I've had the unfortunate experience of having sat through an episode of two, there's no way anybody could mistake it for a political show. Unless they were in denial about a point they were trying to make...that failed horribly...

                      And Hilary and Obama (and Cindy and Michelle) were on Ellen Degeneres. Is THAT a political show as well? McCain and Obama have been on Leno, is THAT a political show? Hell, Bill Clinton has been on late-night shows. Various politicians have as well. So its political? That makes sense to you?

                      We can't get mad at "The View" or "US magazine" because the general public is too ignorant to decipher what is REAL, hard news and what is soft, fluff non-sense. We need to stop making excuses for American stupidity and apathy. As long as we coddle people into believing its not their fault for being uninformed and unaware of whats happening in the world, we will have stupid people who think "The View" is a political show that could easily fit into the schedule on MSNBC, CSPAN, etc...
                      I am not denying that it is a "day time talk show" ...... at least that is the OFFICIAL costume it wears. But have you noticed that they have LIBS on one side - and a lone conservative on the other? While they do "puff pieces", their main topic is politics. Why do I know any of this? My wife loves it (therefore I am exposed to it. Thank goodness she knows it is mostly lib drivel.

                      Oh, and BTW the idiot masses can barely tell what is news and what is editorial anymore. Heck, I get dragged into sometimes as well.

                      Hollywood, the media - both print and braodcast, most of the music industry (minus most of country), and the mags that cover them are ALL obviously slanted to the left. Have that bombard the "idiot masses" day in and day out ---- it's no surprise that people believe what the libs shovel.
                      Space for rent .........

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
                        The best part was him being pressed on the issue, on who him and Palin want to "reform" in Washington. His party, in which he has voted with 90% of the time, has been in Washington the last eight years. John McCain himself has been in Washington, what...a 150 years now or something. It's a crock of ****, and they are only talking about change now because that is what Obama has been saying it for the last year now.
                        Change? Change! Change ......... change. Whoopdie do. They can't mimic the lame NONPOSITION of "change?" Sorry, Obama's position is an empty suit. HE talks a great game ..... infront of a teleprompter. Put him iin front of a town hall meeting the McCain wants and let's see what happens.
                        Space for rent .........

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          :
                          Originally Posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
                          The best part was him being pressed on the issue, on who him and Palin want to "reform" in Washington. His party, in which he has voted with 90% of the time, has been in Washington the last eight years. John McCain himself has been in Washington, what...a 150 years now or something. It's a crock of ****, and they are only talking about change now because that is what Obama has been saying it for the last year now.
                          Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                          Change? Change! Change ......... change. Whoopdie do. They can't mimic the lame NONPOSITION of "change?" Sorry, Obama's position is an empty suit. HE talks a great game ..... infront of a teleprompter. Put him iin front of a town hall meeting the McCain wants and let's see what happens.
                          I know what'll happen. We'll hear from McCain about his POW experiene, while Obama sits with his mouth shut.
                          Last edited by Stormy; 11-02-2008, 01:39 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            None of these shows are. But people get news from them, Oprah, The daily show, Colbert, etc. He!! I've seen people on here quoting the daily show saying it is better and more accurate than the news.

                            As far as McCain and the view, at least he went on without being told what the questions would be and what the topics were. Miss Obama DEMANDED to know up front what the questions were as well as TOLD THEM what wouldn't be discussed.
                            A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
                              I'm pretty sure "the view" is a talk show and not "the media", or is Jerry Springer and Montel considered "the media" as well.
                              Absolutely they're part of the media. They may not be specific news shows, however they do provide information to the public and, once they showcase politcal candidates and their ideas, they become, however briefly, politcal showcases. Let's keep in mind, just because we think they're inferior to more experienced "journalists", they still provide facts, ideals and other information to daytime viewers. That makes them news/information providers.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                                I know what'll happen. We'll hear from McCain about his POW experience, over, and over, and over again, while Obama sits with his mouth shut. BORING!!
                                It's funny. Kerry blathered on about his extensive service. It was questionable and questioned. McCain? His over 5 years in a POW cell with the constant torture. Eh, whatever.

                                But Obama was a communit organizer and later a Senator. That means he should already have 2 memoirs out??????????
                                Space for rent .........

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 3936 users online. 234 members and 3702 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X