300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush's pardons...who will they be?

Eight years ago, William Jefferson Clinton left the White House after a marathon session of pardoning all sorts of unsavory characters...so, any thoughts on who (rightly or wrongly) will be getting presidential pardons and commutation of sentences?

Serious replies, and downright silly ones are equally encouraged!

I'd like to see my one-time car partner Stacy Koon get one.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean I hope

Comment

I doubt it, but we can hope...

Comment

Himself. Of Course.
        ****I am NOT a LEO, I am NOT a Lawyer, and I am NOT a Defendant****

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Comment

Libby for sure, maybe the two border agents. I don't know any other high profile people who may be deserving of pardons.
          A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
            Eight years ago, William Jefferson Clinton left the White House after a marathon session of pardoning all sorts of unsavory characters...so, any thoughts on who (rightly or wrongly) will be getting presidential pardons and commutation of sentences?

Serious replies, and downright silly ones are equally encouraged!

I'd like to see my one-time car partner Stacy Koon get one.
            But, can the president pardon himself?

Comment

Pardon? He was the Governor of Texas, if anything, he'll try to accelerate some executions before he leaves...

Comment

I say he pardons all of the "innocent" folks at GITMO and other "secret" CIA holding facilities and as a bonus, gives them all the home addresses and phone numbers for everyone on my Non Person list.
                The All New
                BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
                  Libby for sure, maybe the two border agents. I don't know any other high profile people who may be deserving of pardons.
                  According to a July 19, 2008 New York Times story, Libby has not filed a petion for pardon. Nor have Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos. The article says they "are ineligible to apply for clemency through normal procedures because their cases are on appeal."

It appears the President can pardon anybody for any crime, even if there have been no charges filed, so a formal petition is not needed.

Comment

Ramos, Compean, Koon, Powell, Libby.
                    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Martha Stewart. I think she got a raw deal.....

signed
                      Mark McGwire

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG View Post

signed
                        Mark McGwire
                        Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
                          Unfortunately, "deserving" does not seem to be a requirement. Abramoff, perhaps? Or maybe some corrupt politicians.
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG View Post

signed
                            Mark McGwire
                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                            The All New
                            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Well I guess he wont pardon any FALN members since clinton already did. Hopefully the 2 border patrol agents and any military for their actions in war.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6357 users online. 343 members and 6014 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X