300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeanG View Post
    You really think she looked good? Wow. I guess it's a matter of perspective.

To me, she looked uncomfortable and her answers seemed scripted.

I posted an O'Reilly interview with Obama. Despite what some here will have you believe, all candidates must be asked questions dealing with foreign policy, security issues, economics, etc. He's answered all these questions at one time or another. I'm anxious for the presidential debates to get started.
    Same here, must see tv!...I'm saying she looked good (physically)...She did seemed bothered, I answered that question already what do you want me to say, type of look...
    sigpic

Comment

So, for over a year, Obama has gotten "softball pitches"? Give it a rest, Scratched. It's obvious you don't like the man, but there is no liberal bias in this interview. Just because you don't like the results doesn't mean that that the interview was bad. (well, it wasn't bad for Gibson)
      I thought it was a fine interview. She did well. Doesn't mean that it wasn't a slanted biased interview.
      Space for rent .........

Comment

You really think she looked good? Wow. I guess it's a matter of perspective.

To me, she looked uncomfortable and her answers seemed scripted.

I posted an O'Reilly interview with Obama. Despite what some here will have you believe, all candidates must be asked questions dealing with foreign policy, security issues, economics, etc. He's answered all these questions at one time or another. I'm anxious for the presidential debates to get started.
        I watched part of it, and sure, he gave it to Obama. The only tough interview he will ever have (and O'Reilly held back some).

If you believe that Obama has been treated poorly by the media (other than Fox or radio), you are either smoking crack, deranged or dishonest. They WORSHIP the guy.
        Space for rent .........

Comment

I don't think Obama or McCain has been treated poorly by the media. As a matter of fact, WHO or better yet, what politician is being poorly treated by the media?

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
            I watched part of it, and sure, he gave it to Obama. The only tough interview he will ever have (and O'Reilly held back some).

If you believe that Obama has been treated poorly by the media (other than Fox or radio), you are either smoking crack, deranged or dishonest. They WORSHIP the guy.
            O'Reilly is a racist idiot in my opinion. He makes a living at attacking rich black people and when he screwed up no one gave him a hard time. The last time that the media checked, 73% of media coverage on Obama was negative. Some people can't even get over the man's name, which is extremely childish in this day and age.
            Intolerant of ignorance, acting, and BS!!

Comment

The last time the media checked? Right - like the media is going to admit to their own bias.

Gibson out and out lied about something Palin said, but somehow that's okay. No bias here.
              For every one hundred men you send us,
              Ten should not even be here.
              Eighty are nothing but targets.
              Nine of them are real fighters;
              We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
              Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
              And he will bring the others back.

Comment

Part of the concept of Freedom of the Press is that the media have the right to be biased.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

We're not talking Const'l law here. The media has a moral obligation to remain neutral and unbiased. Hence "news." But let's not let something like morals or values cloud the issue of truth here.

Wrong on Obama. Look at the daily headlines from the beginning. McCain has gotten mediocre headlinds at best (when he even got them). Obama??????? Open praise.

If you deny that the main media outlets (besides Fox/radio) have no bias in favour of Obama, you are not being honest. Period.
                  Space for rent .........

Comment

We're not talking Const'l law here. The media has a moral obligation to remain neutral and unbiased. Hence "news." But let's not let something like morals or values cloud the issue of truth here.

Wrong on Obama. Look at the daily headlines from the beginning. McCain has gotten mediocre headlinds at best (when he even got them). Obama??????? Open praise.

If you deny that the main media outlets (besides Fox/radio) have no bias in favour of Obama, you are not being honest. Period.
                    What has McCain said or done to make headlines??? The man is boring, has been going along with the flow of things for 26+ yrs., and now all of a sudden he's not the "norm" in his party. The best thing he's done so far (media attention wise) is pick Palin to be his VP. I could care less about him being a POW. He made it back, good for him and his family, but that was how long ago? He fought a good fight against all the other candidates, but how many times has he run for President? You would think that someone his age and with so much experience running for the top spot in this country would have it all wrapped up and make an easy run - this time around.
                    Intolerant of ignorance, acting, and BS!!

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                      The snippet of the interview with her that NPR ran tonight made it seem like she did not know much about Bush's foreign policy. And her efforts to quash the inquiry into firing the head of the State Police are not encouraging. Whether or not she had the power to do that, if she fired him for personal/family reasons, that would be wrong.
                      That interview made it sound like Charlie Gibson didn't know much about Bush's foreign policy.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackJack View Post
                        What has McCain said or done to make headlines??? The man is boring, has been going along with the flow of things for 26+ yrs., and now all of a sudden he's not the "norm" in his party. The best thing he's done so far (media attention wise) is pick Palin to be his VP. I could care less about him being a POW. He made it back, good for him and his family, but that was how long ago? He fought a good fight against all the other candidates, but how many times has he run for President? You would think that someone his age and with so much experience running for the top spot in this country would have it all wrapped up and make an easy run - this time around.
                        Actually, McCain was a liberal media sweetheart b/c he was seen as a Republican maverick (IE - liberalish). They LOVED him during the primaries, but as soon as he was seen as the man, the liberal media turned their collective backs to him.
                        Space for rent .........

Comment

I think most of the media are biased in favor of Obama (whom I do not support), but I do not think that the media have a moral obligation to be neutral.

One of the reasons Fox News became successful so quickly is that it has a conservative bias.

CNN succeeded in part because it was neutral, but Ted Turner led it astray (although not as badly as ABC, CBS and NBC, in my opinion).

Viewers recognize the liberal bias in most other news outlets. Newspapers have long been known for their bias.
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Why is it so hard to just report the news? Shouldn't be.
                            Space for rent .........

Comment

Actually, McCain was a liberal media sweetheart b/c he was seen as a Republican maverick (IE - liberalish). They LOVED him during the primaries, but as soon as he was seen as the man, the liberal media turned their collective backs to him.
                              I think McCain was seen as a Reagan Conservative. He changed hats quickly. I wonder why?

Comment

Why is it so hard to just report the news? Shouldn't be.
                                Your question goes to the top of the list. Reporters are told what, and how, and when to report news. The orders come from above. And, above is all the way to the top. Where is the top? The top is where only several people who own all of the main stream media sources reside. That's the top. And, when the top tells those at the bottom, to spin a news story a 'certain' way, it gets spun a certain way. It's the spin of the story that becomes difficult, not the reporting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4320 users online. 270 members and 4050 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X