• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barack: Beginning of the End

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Beginning of the end?

Obama falling to pieces
    Polls show him down and sinking deeper

Having a bounce in the polls is expected for a Presidential candidate after their Party convention. In recent history Democrats such as Michael Dukakis, Al Gore and John Kerry saw heavy surges in the polls after their big events, only to loose on the first Tuesday in November. So deep concerns must have engulfed the Obama campaign when polls showed him receiving no bounce to four points at best.

The McCain campaign deserves credit for controlling the political conversation after Obama gave his Hollywood style speech. The media discussed his acceptance address for less than 24 hours and then it was time to add "change" to the campaign in the form of GOP Vice President candidate Sarah Palin.

Since Palin was introduced to America as well as the world, any traction Obama gained had dwindled. Since her speech at the Republican convention and McCain's the next day, the polls began favoring the Arizona senator. Today Obama and his running-mate, you know, whats his name the plagiarism dude, are down in every poll and there is no end to their free fall in sight.

Making matters worse for the Democratic ticket is their allies in the media are also falling from grace. Obama loyalists Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann have been dropped from anchoring live political events for MSNBC. Such a move is more symbolic than anything else. They are being replaced by another leftist David Gregory, but none of it matters as it appears nobody is watching MSNBC anyway except for the broadcasters family members.

Rolling Stone magazine and US Weekly publisher Jann Wenner has been outed for using his publications to promote Obama, while attacking Palin. While Wenner undoubtedly believed he could influence woman waiting in the grocery check out line with his negative cover story about Palin, his plans have backfired as the public overwhelmingly believes the media is treating the mother of five unfairly. Rule #1 never mistreat mom. Especially a mom with a special needs
    child.

With seven weeks to go anything can happen. McCain may come across as too old, Biden may speak, Palin may have had nude pictures taken when she was younger and we may learn that Barack Obama has had additional relationships with clergy and activists who hate America as well as Jews. We just don't know.

What we do know is that even with the ouster of the MSNBC clowns the media will continue to be relentless in their attacks against McCain and Palin. In the meantime Biden needs to go into hiding as it appears without a doubt that he was a worthless choice for Obama. Word to the unwise. Don't pick a foreign policy guy who doesn't believe that Iran's Revolutionary Guard isn't a terrorist group. Bonehead! Finally we know that Obama will not debate McCain at town hall meetings, relying on teleprompters and time restricted canned answers during standard debates.

Substance vs. Superstar will continue to be the battle for the White House. However Obama doesn't have the star power he did a few months ago and his star is being out shined by the #2 on the GOP ticket. Who just happens to have more substance in her hair pins than Obama has in his entire head.

http://pauliespoint.blogspot.com/200...ng-of-end.html
    Last edited by Stormy; 11-02-2008, 12:29 AM.

Not terribly surprised by the fall from grace, just by its suddeness. I figured it would take a few weeks before the air was let out of Obama's suit. The Palin nomination really knocked them back and I don't think they will recover.
    A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Smart move by McCain to pick a woman VP. The H. Clinton followers were talking about voting for him despite what both of the Clintons told them they should do, and now they'll definitely vote for him. H. Clinton supporters would rather see a woman in power somehow rather than to stick with their party. Let's not forget how racially divided the country is, and despite Obama picking Biden as a VP, so far it hasn't done him any good. The fact that Palin is a woman, a mother of five, and soon to be a grandmother is just too much right now. We'll see how the investigation into Palin having something to do with having her ex bro-in-law fired turns out.
      Intolerant of ignorance, acting, and BS!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackJack View Post
        Smart move by McCain to pick a woman VP. The H. Clinton followers were talking about voting for him despite what both of the Clintons told them they should do, and now they'll definitely vote for him. H. Clinton supporters would rather see a woman in power somehow rather than to stick with their party. Let's not forget how racially divided the country is, and despite Obama picking Biden as a VP, so far it hasn't done him any good. The fact that Palin is a woman, a mother of five, and soon to be a grandmother is just too much right now. We'll see how the investigation into Palin having something to do with having her ex bro-in-law fired turns out.
        I had a lot more faith in women than to actually be so stupid as to support McCain simply because a woman is on his ticket. I mean, how stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. "Well, we have different views on most fundamental beliefs and policy decisions...but she's a woman!". Good lord. BUT, its working. Sad to say...

And I don't know, I don't think this is "it" for Obama but he's going to have to do something to get his momentum back. I def thought picking Hilary as VP would have helped, maybe I'm right for once...

Comment

Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
          I had a lot more faith in women than to actually be so stupid as to support McCain simply because woman is on his ticket. I mean, how stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. "Well, we have different views on most fundamental beliefs and policy decisions...but she's a woman!". Good lord. BUT, its working. Sad to say...
          Hey DaLAw - I had a lot more faith in blacks than to actually be so stupid as to support Barack Hussein "my Islamic faith" Obama (not Osama) simply because he's black. I mean, how stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. "Well, we have different views on most fundamental beliefs and policy decisions...but he's a black man!". Good lord. BUT, its working.

Eh.... see any irony or hypocracy there, anyone??
          Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 09-11-2008, 12:52 PM.
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

People can investagate all they want. Her eletron Nomanation has been done, she was choosen and IF McCain gets elected, she is there too.

like it or not. I personally LOVE it.
            ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
            Oscar Wilde

Comment

I had a lot more faith in women than to actually be so stupid as to support McCain simply because a woman is on his ticket. I mean, how stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. "Well, we have different views on most fundamental beliefs and policy decisions...but she's a woman!". Good lord. BUT, its working. Sad to say...

And I don't know, I don't think this is "it" for Obama but he's going to have to do something to get his momentum back. I def thought picking Hilary as VP would have helped, maybe I'm right for once...
              Just as stupid as blacks who vote for Obama b/c he is black.
              Space for rent .........

Comment

My vote is for Palin (and that other guy who is on her ticket).
                Space for rent .........

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                  Hey DaLAw - I had a lot more faith in blacks than to actually be so stupid as to support Barack Hussein "my Islamic faith" Obama (not Osama) simply because he's black. I mean, how stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. "Well, we have different views on most fundamental beliefs and policy decisions...but he's a black man!". Good lord. BUT, its working.

Eh.... see any irony or hypocracy there, anyone??
                  +1 Troop.

Comment

I had a lot more faith in women than to actually be so stupid as to support McCain simply because a woman is on his ticket.
                    Be you wouldn't be saying that if Barry had put Hillary on his ticket as VP......

And yes, most women were wanting to vote for her just because she was a women......

Comment

Unfortunately, there are indications that Palin is beginning to fall apart.
                      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                        Unfortunately, there are indications that Palin is beginning to fall apart.
                        Nah, I haven't seen any, we'll see this weekends interview...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                          Nah, I haven't seen any, we'll see this weekends interview...
                          The snippet of the interview with her that NPR ran tonight made it seem like she did not know much about Bush's foreign policy. And her efforts to quash the inquiry into firing the head of the State Police are not encouraging. Whether or not she had the power to do that, if she fired him for personal/family reasons, that would be wrong.
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                            The snippet of the interview with her that NPR ran tonight made it seem like she did not know much about Bush's foreign policy. And her efforts to quash the inquiry into firing the head of the State Police are not encouraging. Whether or not she had the power to do that, if she fired him for personal/family reasons, that would be wrong.
                            That's just hype for the interview...I'm sure people are now going to tune in just to see if she messed up...She'll be ok...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                              My vote is for Palin (and that other guy who is on her ticket).
                              Get some. X2. Although I am warming up to Johnny Boy
                              The All New
                              BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                              Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                              - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6807 users online. 352 members and 6455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X