300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCain Commercial

Doesn't matter if you like McCain or Obama. I think this is one of the coolest political ads out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Yeah, I saw this one earlier tonight and thought about posting it. It makes a tremendous statement.

Comment

Questionable choice of actor, he seemed a bit stilted, a smoother delivery would have helped... Though maybe they're going for the amateur feel intentionally...

Comment

'The day we lose our will to fight, is the day we lose our freedom'

'The day we lose our will to fight, is the day we lose our freedom'.....'The day we lose our will to fight, is the day we lose our freedom'. Hmmm. Can't get it out of my mind.
        Last edited by Stormy; 11-02-2008, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Stormy,
          Read the book by Dave Grossman called "On Killing" good book. I passed it on to a few of My Vietnam Vet SF friends.
          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by nr5667 View Post
            Questionable choice of actor, he seemed a bit stilted, a smoother delivery would have helped... Though maybe they're going for the amateur feel intentionally...
            You see, we don't need any more just plain actors. I am tired of them. They are PRETENDERS - basically LIARS in their chosen profession.

This guy apparently made REAL sacrifices. Not a Hollywood fake made up sacrifice.

Give me real Americans like this any day.
            Space for rent .........

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
              'The day we lose our will to fight, is the day we lose our freedom'

After watching McCain's political commercial, the above statement was the last image flashed on the monitor. I paused the video, and stared at those words for a very long time. Many thoughts ran through my mind as I recollected my tour in Vietnam. I kept asking myself, what was it we were fighting for? How did the loss of 150,000 American lives, and the several hundred thousand injured help America stay free?

I meet people, who, after having heard of my experiences in Vietnam, thank me for 'keeping America Free'. Was that it? Did we fight the North Vietnamese to keep us free? But how, did we keep our country free? Was it by killing the Viet Cong and the North Vietnamese, by blowing up their infrastructure, by dropping Agent Orange all over the country, and not only leaving millions of Vietnamese dying years later, but also our own brothers who came home debilitated from the illness, as the government turned it's back on them? Was America in danger by an invasion from North Vietnam? I'm at a loss for words here.

I ask myself, over and over, and still don't have the answer, after nearly 42 years. I'll again, ask the VA pyschiatrist, at my next visit whether what I did was the right thing to do. Better yet, I'd like to ask that soldier pictured in the video. He seemed to have a look of confidence as he spoke, as though, as though he knew the answer to my question. A question which has haunted me so long. But, he spoke of freedom for the Iraqis. Not freedom for Americans.

'The day we lose our will to fight, is the day we lose our freedom'.....'The day we lose our will to fight, is the day we lose our freedom'. Hmmm. Can't get it out of my mind.
              First, thank you for your service.

Vietnam was definitely a complicated mess. But yes, in there somewhere was the intent to defend our freedom. That war was fought at the height of the cold war. The Soviet Union was stretching out its roots all over. France had fought the Viet Minh/Cong to hold onto its colony and we got sucked into this aspect b/c we needed France in NATO (for some reason). Also, when Vietnam fell, that whole Domino theory kind of kicked in ---- just like suspected.

And also, the freedom of the Iraqis is directly tied to our freedoms. There is a national interest for us to be in that reason - oil. Not to make executives rich, but to keep in accessible for us. I bet that if gas when up to $10 a gallon, people would be saying "we need to invade" pretty loudly. And libs would not have much of a say in the matter.
              Space for rent .........

Comment

Thank you Stormy, for serving, my children and myself sincerely appreciate it. Whether it was for America or the Vietnamese people, my hat is off too you. I cannot imagine, nor would I attempt to, the sacrifice you and many others made. If it helps there are several people in NY that love you for it. - Outshined
                Stormy,
                Read the book by Dave Grossman called "On Killing" good book. I passed it on to a few of My Vietnam Vet SF friends. - Monkeybomb
                First, thank you for your service.

Vietnam was definitely a complicated mess. But yes, in there somewhere was the intent to defend our freedom. That war was fought at the height of the cold war. The Soviet Union was stretching out its roots all over. France had fought the Viet Minh/Cong to hold onto its colony and we got sucked into this aspect b/c we needed France in NATO (for some reason). Also, when Vietnam fell, that whole Domino theory kind of kicked in ---- just like suspected.

And also, the freedom of the Iraqis is directly tied to our freedoms. There is a national interest for us to be in that reason - oil. Not to make executives rich, but to keep in accessible for us. I bet that if gas when up to $10 a gallon, people would be saying "we need to invade" pretty loudly. And libs would not have much of a say in the matter. - scratched13
                Gentlemen,

Thank you, for the kind words. They mean very much to me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5373 users online. 297 members and 5076 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X