Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big Red One, coming soon to a Sears near you.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Red One, coming soon to a Sears near you.

Sears now has a licensing deal set up with the Army. Thoughts?

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=171143

They need 3rd Infantry too!!

Comment

In a word, disrespectful.
      It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

Originally posted by safetyallday View Post
        In a word, disrespectful.
        Why....??

That guy on in the interview is a idiot (according to my co-workers and I here at rainy Fort Riley KS....aka the current home of 1st ID) ....

It's great PR....there are tons of stuff with Army logos on it out there.....

Has anyone even checked to see if he was with 1st ID during the war....or even a Vet....? Tons of posers out there trying to get on tv nowdays.....
        Last edited by Bearcat357; 09-12-2008, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Every Army/Navy Military Store outlet sells 'The Big Red One' patch. Matter of fact, the public can walk in and buy a patch from any unit, including chevrons, officer insignia, and even general officer stars. Where is the outrage from the public?

Unless the military makes the purchase of a military unit insignia unlawful, unless purchased by a serviceman presenting a DD214, than we shouldn't have a problem with Sears selling a clothing line depicting a military unit.

ps. I'd like to have Sears open their accounting books and show me how they help the military and their familes from sales of this particular clothing line.

Comment

In defense of Sears, I should mention that I understand Sears does an excellent job of support reserve troops that work for them. I have heard that they make up the difference between duty earnings and their Sears wage if an employee is currently serving.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
              Why....??

That guy on in the interview is a idiot (according to my co-workers and I here at rainy Fort Riley KS....aka the current home of 1st ID) ....

Has anyone even checked to see if he was with 1st ID during the war....or even a Vet....? Tons of posers out there trying to get on tv nowdays.....
              IMHO it could be viewed as disrespectful to those who served. Imagine being a vet and seeing the 1st insignia on the jacket of some hippie protester. I feel if you did not serve, you don't deserve to wear it.
              It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

IMHO it could be viewed as disrespectful to those who served. Imagine being a vet and seeing the 1st insignia on the jacket of some hippie protester. I feel if you did not serve, you don't deserve to wear it.
                A. You can already go buy stuff like that through such places as US Cavalry, Brigade Quartermaster, and on eBay.....

B. What if one of those "hippie protesters" was a 1ID Vet....?

C. I work (for now) at the home of 1ID....and no one could give a crap about it..... You can go to Wal-Mart in JC and buy 1ID stuff....

Comment

:
                  Originally Posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                  Why....??

When I came home from Vietnam You tell me.
                  Last edited by Stormy; 11-02-2008, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Having never served myself, perhaps I should keep my opinions to my self.

Comment

What's the big deal? I don't care if someone wears some t-shirt or a patch of a unit.

It's when they start to CLAIM that unit, or whatever, and CLAIM they where in this place or that place and try to get something out of it, THAT is when I have a problem...
                      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

<----------Hopefully they add the 1st AD...I will buy stuff...besides my lawn mower...

Comment

Not a big deal....just wish all those items were made in USA...instead of China.
                          ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

Free advertising for the Army. Maybe the Army even gets royalties. Better than T-shirts with radical/liberal designs.

Make the Army fashionable. It will drive the liberal anti-military college professors crazy(-ier).
                            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                              Free advertising for the Army. Maybe the Army even gets royalties. Better than T-shirts with radical/liberal designs.

Make the Army fashionable. It will drive the liberal anti-military college professors crazy(-ier).
                              That's one of the reasons why now everyone in the Army wears black berets. The Rangers had a cow over this event.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4788 users online. 282 members and 4506 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X