300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Palin change your mind?

I am in a bit of a quandary now. Out of the two candidates, I was originally more likely to cast my vote for McCain. However his decision to choose Palin as his running mate is making it extremely difficult to still consider that option. Has his decision affected anyone else similarly?
    ****I am NOT a LEO, I am NOT a Lawyer, and I am NOT a Defendant****

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

No, why would it?
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by DefenseResearch View Post
      I am in a bit of a quandary now. Out of the two candidates, I was originally more likely to cast my vote for McCain. However his decision to choose Palin as his running mate is making it extremely difficult to still consider that option. Has his decision affected anyone else similarly?
      I'm a democrat who thought that McCain "might" return the republican party to its true cautious and "bottom line" make things work history, but his choice of Palin is curious! she's a political nobody,with little career history- why not pick a Romney, or Paul,or liebermann-OR ,if getting a female candidate in was important,how about Anne Meagher Northrup ?????? If you need to round out a leadership position, you pick talented and well versed personnel, not novices.......
      "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
        I'm a democrat who thought that McCain "might" return the republican party to its true cautious and "bottom line" make things work history, but his choice of Palin is curious! she's a political nobody,with little career history- why not pick a Romney, or Paul,or liebermann-OR ,if getting a female candidate in was important,how about Anne Meagher Northrup ?????? If you need to round out a leadership position, you pick talented and well versed personnel, not novices.......
        I know many of those on the left say that Palin is more of a political chess move than anything, and frankly, I have to agree. I mean, politics, presently, are pretty much just that; a big game of chess. It was a smart, well-played gambit, in my opinion. McCain was being viewed by many more hardened right-ists as being less conservative, and especially (from what I was told/heard, not that I researched it myself) less spiritually inclined with the typical right-ist thinking. Therefore, picking her, a "breath of fresh air", a woman, and a more conservative based spiritualist, he makes himself more friendly to his party, and evens the playing field with "race" vs "gender" rather than the "race" vs "old whitey". Just my two cents worth of political analysis .

Comment

a political nobody,with little career history

If you need to round out a leadership position, you pick talented and well versed personnel, not novices.......
          We talking Palin or Obama here? I'm confused.
          sigpic
          Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
          And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

She was picked because she was a woman..it's simple. I read about his "vetting" process of palin, and McBush met with her only one time. If he wasn't trying to pander, he would've taken Huckabee, who has all the same views as Palin, has been governor longer, and has actually won states in a primary election.
            "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Comment

Of course McCain's pandering to women. What's wrong with that? That's what politicians do. They pander to various segments of our society. If they didn't, they wouldn't get very far. You don't believe all sides do this?

Experience is a bit short for Palin no doubt but remember, as Govenor of Alaska, she is in charge of the only 24/7 National Guard Unit in the nation. This is due to Alaska's proximity to Russia. She's also briefed on some very high level national security intel base on the same "front line" proximity.

So far, I'm favorably impressed with her. Hell, I wish she was the prime candidate rather than the VP.
              sigpic
              Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
              And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Didnt change my mind in the slightest......
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Me neither. Loved her before she was nominated - love her even more now.

More executive experience than Obama and Biden COMBINED!
                  A proven and victorious reformer
                  A proven and victorious fighter
                  A practice what you preach pro-lifer
                  A great and natural speaker
                  An avid sportswoman, gun owner and 2nd ammendment proponent

I am happy for the country - she wil compliment McCain quite well. As for the women's vote - why not? The democrats obviously didn't want it when they had it in the bag - why not give them a friend in Washington?
                  The All New
                  BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                  Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                  - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                    We talking Palin or Obama here? I'm confused.
                    Obama defeated more experienced candidates in primary elections. Palin was essentially appointed, and never had to face such challenges.
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I considered her "lack" of "Washington Experience" to be a + for her. Heck, I like everything I have heard about her so far, and really liked her spunk during the convention.
                      If you put bacon on bacon it actually makes bacon better

Comment

nope. Obama is worse, period.
                        "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Changed my mind? No. The convention was kinda like an auto show where they rolled out the new 2009 McCain. Sarah Palin was the pretty model smiling and gracefully pointing out the wonderful new styling features. When we look under the hood and check the suspension, however, we see it's really just a relabeled 2000 Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post
                            Changed my mind? No. The convention was kinda like an auto show where they rolled out the new 2009 McCain. Sarah Palin was the pretty model smiling and gracefully pointing out the wonderful new styling features. When we look under the hood and check the suspension, however, we see it's really just a relabeled 2000 Bush.
                            Awesome

And the smarmy used-car salesman was Thompson.

Comment

Nope just made it easier

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6318 users online. 354 members and 5964 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X