300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIV Conspiracy Question...

I know its relatively old news but I just heard a clip on the radio of Obama's former longtime Pastor angrily railing against the US Government. He claimed that the US government created the HIV virus for the sole purpose of commiting genocide against African Americans.

Two questions:

Do you agree with the Patsor's HIV claim?

If not, would you continue to attend his sermons or otherwise associate with him?

The point I'm making is this, if my Priest started babbling about conspiracies I'd find another Priest/church in a hurry. Obama is a Harvard Law educated, highly intelligent person. WTF was he thinking for 20 years in associating with such a delusional blowhard?
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

I'm sure you don't agree with everything your minister says, I know I don't.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      I'm sure you don't agree with everything your minister says, I know I don't.
      Yeah, especially when he preaches about 'going to heaven'.

Comment

Did Obama even attend the sermon wherein he says that?

What is the context of the pastor's comments?

I would never attend church... Anyone who believes in an invisible man in the sky watching our every move to see if we've been good or bad? Well, he's already got some screws loose...

Comment

In my opinion, Reverend Wright is a religious-fanatic. He's one of the people who uses religion as a shield so he can espouse his personal and political opinions. He abuses and contorts his religious-base for his own gain. He follows along the lines of people such as Jerry Falwell, Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden. People who contort religion and bend it at their whim as they see fit. (And I bring up Falwell a lot. I don't think people understand what a disgusting, bigoted, terrible man he was.). With that being said, I personally wouldn't attend a church for 20 years with a pastor or preacher who decided to use their status for any other reason than to teach the Holy-Word (Christian, Muslim, whatever) as they were so instructed when they took their oath/vows/whatever...

Comment

If HIV was a government conspiracy... wouldn't it be targeting gay people, not black Americans? You know, since everyone used to think it was purely a gay-virus and all...

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
              If HIV was a government conspiracy... wouldn't it be targeting gay people, not black Americans? You know, since everyone used to think it was purely a gay-virus and all...
              No. The time it was 'big' and this conspiracy started circulating was when the crack/cocaine epidemic broke out in many ghetto's. Who primarily made up the ghetto's then (and now)? Blacks. What were many in the ghetto doing? Crack/Cocaine/Heroine. What does that involve? Needles. What will that lead to? Sharing needles. One person has HIV/AIDs and injects a needle and then passes that needle off or leaves it and another crackhead gets it, now they're infected...

Comment

Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
                No. The time it was 'big' and this conspiracy started circulating was when the crack/cocaine epidemic broke out in many ghetto's. Who primarily made up the ghetto's then (and now)? Blacks. What were many in the ghetto doing? Crack/Cocaine/Heroine. What does that involve? Needles. What will that lead to? Sharing needles. One person has HIV/AIDs and injects a needle and then passes that needle off or leaves it and another crackhead gets it, now they're infected...
                With that being said, you don't believe that do you?

Comment

Since most black people use heroin, or have unprotected sex with heroin addicts, the disease was easily spread throughout the black community
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Since most black people use heroin, or have unprotected sex with heroin addicts, the disease was easily spread throughout the black community
                    Priceless!

The petard strikes again!
                    Last edited by nuthead; 09-04-2008, 09:45 PM.
                    “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

As I clearly stated in the very post you are quoting, the HIV conspiracy thing came about in the Black community around the same time Heroine/crack/cocaine came about in the ghetto, which was then (and now) populated heavily with Blacks. A lot of Blacks at the time (and some still do) believe that heroine/crack/cocaine getting into the ghetto ITSELF is a conspiracy by the government...

I don't agree with the government "creating" AIDs to destroy the Black race as Reverend Wright said but the drug-issue is something I'd like to learn more about. How it came into the country and into the ghetto's, etc. You'll have to remember Edgar Hoover and the FBI didn't look fondly on operations such as the Black Panthers, Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr who, at the time, were considered threats. We now know about CONTELPRO and how various agencies infilitrated the Nation of Islam and the Black Panthers and various other civil-rights groups, even the peaceful ones...

So while I don't believe the government tried to destroy the Black race, I do know they did try to destroy and assasinate the character of many prominent civil-rights leaders and black activist at the time. Thats fact. So in that sense, I can see...to an EXTENT...why some Blacks have radical opinions on certain things such as this. And when I say "see", I don't mean that as in I think its logical, its just that I understand the victimized-mentality that could be developed by someone like Reverend Wright who was old enough to live through not only that but also the Tuskegee Experiments...

Comment

The first stories associated with HIV was how a mysterious wasting disease was tearing through the gay community. I remember a 20/20 episode where they tracked it back to one guy who was an airline host. I agree it has now effected blacks more so than whites but the vast majority (like 95% or more) are still homosexuals.
                        A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
                          The first stories associated with HIV was how a mysterious wasting disease was tearing through the gay community. I remember a 20/20 episode where they tracked it back to one guy who was an airline host. I agree it has now effected blacks more so than whites but the vast majority (like 95% or more) are still homosexuals.
                          Oh OK. That theory makes sense as well. I would ASSUME that Wright is linking it to the crack epidemic conspiracy because he's a pastor. And, traditionally, most in the Black church are VERY intolerant of homosexuality and tend to deny its occurance in the community...

Comment

Originally posted by nr5667 View Post
                            Did Obama even attend the sermon wherein he says that?
                            You're serious? Yeah Wright only rambled like this on the days Obama missed. I'm sure his sermons were reasonable and tolerant whenever Obama was in the house.

What is the context of the pastor's comments?
                            Yeah, some context would explain the non sensical rambling I heard out of Wright's own mouth. I'm sure David Duke was taken out of context as well.

I would never attend church... Anyone who believes in an invisible man in the sky watching our every move to see if we've been good or bad? Well, he's already got some screws loose...
                            As opposed to someone who believes the US government manufactured HIV as part of a grand plot? You're a proud Athiest, good for you but you didn't go out of your way to disagree with Wright's proclaimation...that says it all.
                            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Oh OK. That theory makes sense as well. I would ASSUME that Wright is linking it to the crack epidemic conspiracy because he's a pastor. And, traditionally, most in the Black church are VERY intolerant of homosexuality and tend to deny its occurance in the community...
                              ...or it simply could be that Wright is a delusional blowhard.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3957 users online. 155 members and 3802 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X