300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential Candidate Comparisons

found this very interesting. sorry do not know how to get the attachment to show in the thread with out having to click on the link.
    Attached Files
    This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Wow, that thing is full of a lot of flaws...

Seriously, Obama has problems, but when people just start coming out with blatant mistruths (lies), it gets a little silly -- undermines your own position.

Comment

Originally posted by nr5667 View Post

Seriously, Obama has problems, but when people just start coming out with blatant mistruths (lies), it gets a little silly -- undermines your own position.
      Where? Not being a pain, just asking. I browsed through it and it seemed pretty accurate.
      A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Really, cite ONE flaw in that table. (and your source)

Comment

Still waiting for your response to this, nr5667.

Just where are the flaws?
          1*

Comment

Still waiting? You guys are impatient.

Okay, just looking at that list, off the top of my head...

1. He doesn't support socialized medicine, the government wouldn't provide any healthcare, the government would step in and pay for more healthcare, and it would require insurance companies to reduce their limits on who can get health care.
            2. He doesn't support gay marriage, he supports civil unions.
            3. He won't immediately pull the troops out of Iraq, it would be a phased withdrawal, and it really won't be much different from what Bush is doing now...
            4. Will appoint judges who interpret the law, not make it? We don't know who he'll appoint.
            5. As for the tax plans, it's a mixed bag -- odds are, we'll both be paying less under either president, if they succeed with their tax plans -- Obama's plan would be to tax the rich more heavily to offset tax cuts for middle and lower class.
            6. He's been in office since January of 2007, not 173 days -- but interesting tidbit, there's another president from Illinios who had about as much experience as Barack has now... A fine republican, in fact...

Personally, I'm frightened of McCain, the Republicans have shown that they have exactly zero fiscal restraint, so the odds are good that a tax cut won't result in less federal spending, just a much bigger deficit...

Comment

Still waiting? You guys are impatient.

Okay, just looking at that list, off the top of my head...

1. He doesn't support socialized medicine, the government wouldn't provide any healthcare, the government would step in and pay for more healthcare, and it would require insurance companies to reduce their limits on who can get health care.
              2. He doesn't support gay marriage, he supports civil unions.
              3. He won't immediately pull the troops out of Iraq, it would be a phased withdrawal, and it really won't be much different from what Bush is doing now...
              4. Will appoint judges who interpret the law, not make it? We don't know who he'll appoint.
              5. As for the tax plans, it's a mixed bag -- odds are, we'll both be paying less under either president, if they succeed with their tax plans -- Obama's plan would be to tax the rich more heavily to offset tax cuts for middle and lower class.
              6. He's been in office since January of 2007, not 173 days -- but interesting tidbit, there's another president from Illinios who had about as much experience as Barack has now... A fine republican, in fact...

Personally, I'm frightened of McCain, the Republicans have shown that they have exactly zero fiscal restraint, so the odds are good that a tax cut won't result in less federal spending, just a much bigger deficit...
              1) Government paying for it is socialized medicine, he wants everyone who does not have insurance the feds will pick up the tab...that won't cause any fiscal problems will it

2)Semantics, means the same thing...

3)With in 16 months of taking office I will have EVERY soldier brought home....care to guess who made that statement?

4)Yes we do, based on what he believes. I disagree with him but all presidents do this. Not that big a deal, just disagree with his stances.

5)No it's not..under Clinton EVERYONE paid more, Bush cut away the increase Clinton put in place. With all of the things Obama says he is going to fix he will have no choice but to increase EVERYONES taxes. Of course being a good liberal it will be lessened by his cuts to the military budget Please explain how when taxes are raised less $$ goes to the federal coffers and when taxes are cut more $$$ does? The problem isn't how much tax $$$ comes in it is the $$$ going out....and the dems are no better than the current crop of reps....they both spend to much on crap they don't need to.
              Please define "rich".

6)Negative ghost rider...he's been in office since Jan 05, but, he has been in campaign mode since no later than Feb 07 when he officially announce his run for POTUS.
              A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

1. No, Veteran's Affairs is socialized medicine, publically funded health care is different because the health care providers are still private.

2. Not technically, civil unions do not actually infer all the same rights and privileges that marriage does.

3. Both candidates have said alot of things, but if you read the fine print on Obama's policy, the phased withdrawal is dependent upon the assessments of military commanders -- i.e, if they say pulling troops out will be a disaster, those troops won't be withdrawn.

4. All presidents do it, but that list says McCain won't...

5. Rich is anyone making over 250k, if I recall Obama's policy correctly. You're right, under Obama, the government probably will bring in more money, I didn't say they wouldn't -- but they would bring in more from the rich, and less from the middle class.

6. If we're going to be that specific, then I somehow doubt that McCain has spent 8030 days in congress.

Comment

1. No, Veteran's Affairs is socialized medicine, publically funded health care is different because the health care providers are still private.Most health care providers would drop out and find another job leaving the government to provide health care providers exactly like in Canada, ask Canadians how much they like their health care

2. Not technically, civil unions do not actually infer all the same rights and privileges that marriage does.Osama is using semantics to try and pull votes from both sides. He supports gay marriage but is trying to make sound as if a civil union is somehow different to pull votes from the other side without losing the gays.

3. Both candidates have said alot of things, but if you read the fine print on Obama's policy, the phased withdrawal is dependent upon the assessments of military commanders -- i.e, if they say pulling troops out will be a disaster, those troops won't be withdrawn.Osama doesn't what he'll do. He says he will withdraw immediately, unless that doesn't work. WTF over? What the hell kind of plan is that?

4. All presidents do it, but that list says McCain won't...The difference is liberal SCOTUS judges interject where they shouldn't be involved in essence writing law they think should be in place or interpreting law they have no business ruling on

5. Rich is anyone making over 250k, if I recall Obama's policy correctly. You're right, under Obama, the government probably will bring in more money, I didn't say they wouldn't -- but they would bring in more from the rich, and less from the middle class.The chart is Osamas plan, it doesn't matter how you phrase it. Under his plan, everyone will pay more taxes in the end. Good job trying to play word games and confuse the issue.

6. If we're going to be that specific, then I somehow doubt that McCain has spent 8030 days in congress.
                  there is a little bit of difference in spending 5% of your time in office running for President vs. spending 70% of your time running for President.

So you have not been able to contradict a single point, but you have typed a bunch of non-sense. You should run for office, the Democrats would love you.

Comment

Most health care providers would drop out and find another job leaving the government to provide health care providers exactly like in Canada, ask Canadians how much they like their health care
                    Why would they find another job? Health care providers in Canada are private

Osama is using semantics to try and pull votes from both sides. He supports gay marriage but is trying to make sound as if a civil union is somehow different to pull votes from the other side without losing the gays.
                    Um... it is different, and not just in name.

Osama doesn't what he'll do. He says he will withdraw immediately, unless that doesn't work. WTF over? What the hell kind of plan is that?
                    His name is Obama, not Osama, if you're argument is so crappy, just don't bother replying.

He is saying that a phased withdrawal will require the Iraqis to pick up the slack, which they have not been doing because they can just sit back and let the U.S take care of it -- it is a method to force the Iraqis to stand up as we stand down, so to speak -- certainly if something major happens...

The difference is liberal SCOTUS judges interject where they shouldn't be involved in essence writing law they think should be in place or interpreting law they have no business ruling on
                    Ah, so the issue isn't judges interjecting where they shouldn't, it's liberal judges interjecting. Thanks for the clarification.

The chart is Osamas plan, it doesn't matter how you phrase it. Under his plan, everyone will pay more taxes in the end. Good job trying to play word games and confuse the issue.
                    Not trying to confuse the issue -- perhaps someone with such mental deficiencies as thinking they're being clever by switching Obama for Osama just isn't capable of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
                      1) Government paying for it is socialized medicine, he wants everyone who does not have insurance the feds will pick up the tab...that won't cause any fiscal problems will it

2)Semantics, means the same thing...

3)With in 16 months of taking office I will have EVERY soldier brought home....care to guess who made that statement?

4)Yes we do, based on what he believes. I disagree with him but all presidents do this. Not that big a deal, just disagree with his stances.

5)No it's not..under Clinton EVERYONE paid more, Bush cut away the increase Clinton put in place. With all of the things Obama says he is going to fix he will have no choice but to increase EVERYONES taxes. Of course being a good liberal it will be lessened by his cuts to the military budget Please explain how when taxes are raised less $$ goes to the federal coffers and when taxes are cut more $$$ does? The problem isn't how much tax $$$ comes in it is the $$$ going out....and the dems are no better than the current crop of reps....they both spend to much on crap they don't need to.
                      Please define "rich".

6)Negative ghost rider...he's been in office since Jan 05, but, he has been in campaign mode since no later than Feb 07 when he officially announce his run for POTUS.

Owned.

(Nicely put, ray. I was going to bring up some of those very points.)
                      1*

Comment

Why would they find another job? Health care providers in Canada are private.
                        The health care providers here are currently operating in a free market where they are paid a competitive wage, in a government run system (like Canada’s), the system determines fair market for the services, care to guess what that does the wage of the providers? It will go down significantly. It also means the pharmaceutical companies will have no reason to continue their R&D because they only reason to do it now is profitability, once the government takes that away, there goes the reason to develop new medications. Again, see Canada for proof.

Um... it is different, and not just in name. .
                        No, its the same.

His name is Obama, not Osama, if you're argument is so crappy, just don't bother replying. .
                        Yeah, but I know how bad it burns you folks so I enjoy it.
                        He is saying that a phased withdrawal will require the Iraqis to pick up the slack, which they have not been doing because they can just sit back and let the U.S take care of it -- it is a method to force the Iraqis to stand up as we stand down, so to speak -- certainly if something major happens... .
                        No, he is saying he has no idea what will work and what won't because he has zero military experience neither as a member or commander. But I'm sure his vast experience playing battleship will suffice when determining what the proper exit strategy might be. The last plan I heard from Osama was, an immediate withdraw of the troops unless the Generals determine it is not working, then we will stay until such a time the troops can be returned home. Great plan.

Ah, so the issue isn't judges interjecting where they shouldn't, it's liberal judges interjecting. Thanks for the clarification. .
                        No, conservative judges wait for cases to be brought, then determine whether or not it a constitutional issue before hearing it. Liberal judges go and look for cases to hear when they determine there is a law or case they do not like.

Not trying to confuse the issue -- perhaps someone with such mental deficiencies as thinking they're being clever by switching Obama for Osama just isn't capable of understanding.
                        No? Basically you have been presented with a factual chart based on Osamas fiscal plan. You present no data to refute the information but rather state some people will see an increase while others will not. Look at the chart again; everyone will see an increase across the board, some more then others.

You sir, are a loser. I award no points, have a nice day.

Comment

The health care providers here are currently operating in a free market where they are paid a competitive wage, in a government run system (like Canada’s), the system determines fair market for the services, care to guess what that does the wage of the providers? It will go down significantly. It also means the pharmaceutical companies will have no reason to continue their R&D because they only reason to do it now is profitability, once the government takes that away, there goes the reason to develop new medications. Again, see Canada for proof.
                          That's fantastic, but you're talking about Canada, not Obama's healthcare plan. The two aren't anywhere near being the same.

No, its the same.
                          Jesus Christ...

http://lesbianlife.about.com/cs/wedd...nvmarriage.htm

Yeah, but I know how bad it burns you folks so I enjoy it.
                          Doesn't burn me at all, it's how stupid people feel clever.

No, he is saying he has no idea what will work and what won't because he has zero military experience neither as a member or commander. But I'm sure his vast experience playing battleship will suffice when determining what the proper exit strategy might be. The last plan I heard from Osama was, an immediate withdraw of the troops unless the Generals determine it is not working, then we will stay until such a time the troops can be returned home. Great plan.
                          Indeed, I guess McCain's experience as a crappy pilot will be far superior... His plan is this: A Responsible, Phased Withdrawal
                          Barack Obama believes we must be as careful getting out of Iraq as we were careless getting in. Immediately upon taking office, Obama will give his Secretary of Defense and military commanders a new mission in Iraq: ending the war. The removal of our troops will be responsible and phased, directed by military commanders on the ground and done in consultation with the Iraqi government. Military experts believe we can safely redeploy combat brigades from Iraq at a pace of 1 to 2 brigades a month that would remove them in 16 months. That would be the summer of 2010 – more than 7 years after the war began.

Under the Obama plan, a residual force will remain in Iraq and in the region to conduct targeted counter-terrorism missions against al Qaeda in Iraq and to protect American diplomatic and civilian personnel. He will not build permanent bases in Iraq, but will continue efforts to train and support the Iraqi security forces as long as Iraqi leaders move toward political reconciliation and away from sectarianism.

That is neither an immediate, or unconditional withdrawal.

No, conservative judges wait for cases to be brought, then determine whether or not it a constitutional issue before hearing it. Liberal judges go and look for cases to hear when they determine there is a law or case they do not like.
                          Are you kidding me?

First off, all supreme courts choose what cases they will hear, they aren't required to, they choose to, every single one.

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/200...judge_myth.php

No? Basically you have been presented with a factual chart based on Osamas fiscal plan. You present no data to refute the information but rather state some people will see an increase while others will not. Look at the chart again; everyone will see an increase across the board, some more then others.
                          That's not what I said.

You sir are a moron, and a liar.

You know what, you win, you're right... But in return -- since I'm a loser, you won't respond to my posts in the future, Deal?
                          Last edited by nr5667; 09-04-2008, 12:41 AM.

Comment

I swear the left has its supporters so diluted they will believe anything. How in the world do you think the government can provide health care for the entire country and not become exactly what Canada has? I don't care what wording they use to sell the plan or how it looks on paper, the private health care industry we have will collapse as soon as the government steps in. They can't run the simpleton social programs they currently have, how could they possibly run health care?

Oh yes, let me read an article in lesbian life to define the differences between civil union and marriage. I suppose if the CA gay marriage bill were presented to Obama today he would vote with the conservatives?? You can’t really believe that do you?

Nice, take a jab a military pilot taken hostage during the war. Where has your candidate been during this country’s wars? That’s right, living in other countries.

So essentially your candidates plan for withdraw from Iraq is to let the Generals run the war and determine what the plan of action is? Actually not a bad plan…unless you are running for Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces were YOU are supposed to make those decisions.

Huh, still no valid response on the tax issue, which happens to be like the number one issue most common folk will be making their decision on.

Comment

How in the world do you think the government can provide health care for the entire country and not become exactly what Canada has?
                              Because his plan is nothing like what Canada has. Jesus H. Christ -- THE U.S GOVERNMENT ALREADY ACCOUNTS FOR 42% OF ALL HEALTHCARE SPENDING! Once the government steps in? WTF?! It already has.

I don't care what wording they use to sell the plan or how it looks on paper,
                              That's the first accurate thing you've said all day, that you don't care what the facts are, you'll just make **** up and believe that.

Oh yes, let me read an article in lesbian life to define the differences between civil union and marriage. I suppose if the CA gay marriage bill were presented to Obama today he would vote with the conservatives?? You can’t really believe that do you?
                              I knew you'd attack the source of the article and not its contents... What a shock.

Nice, take a jab a military pilot taken hostage during the war. Where has your candidate been during this country’s wars? That’s right, living in other countries.
                              I will take a jab -- because it's true, McCain's military experience isn't the sort of experience that applies to being commander in chief.

Barack Obama was born in 1961 -- exactly which war was he supposed to fight in? Desert Storm or the invasion of Panama? He was 6 years old when he was living in another country, which war was he supposed ot be fighting then?

So essentially your candidates plan for withdraw from Iraq is to let the Generals run the war and determine what the plan of action is? Actually not a bad plan…unless you are running for Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces were YOU are supposed to make those decisions.
                              What, a president with military advisors? Perish the thought! Who said he wasn't making the decision? You sure do like to make things up.

I doubt McCain would make military decisions based solely on his experience as a fighter pilot (at least, I hope not).

Huh, still no valid response on the tax issue, which happens to be like the number one issue most common folk will be making their decision on.
                              Valid response to your lies? Oh gee, how awful... Shame on me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4331 users online. 207 members and 4124 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X