300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay Republicans endorsing McCain/Palin

ST. PAUL (Reuters) - The Log Cabin Republicans endorsed Arizona Sen. John McCain's bid for the presidency on Tuesday, four years after the gay Republican group refused to back President George W. Bush's bid for reelection.

The group said there were some two dozen openly gay delegates at the convention in St. Paul
    The 20,000-member group backed Bush in 2000, but did not endorse him in 2004 when the Republican Party used opposition to gay marriage as a "wedge" issue to galvanize evangelical Christian voters
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080902/...licans_gays_dc

Well, I hope Senator McCain gets all the votes he needs. When he didn't win the Republican Nomination in his first primary run (President George W. Bush won), I wrote him in on my ballot in the general election. I wanted to be sure he got at least one vote. Oh and, I'm a straight guy.

Comment

Interesting gays, I can't see how an uber-evengelical VP is in their interests.

McCain is a fine guy, too bad about his pandering to the unsavory parts of his party... Probably would have voted for him if he'd stuck to his principles.

Comment

We republicans accept all Americans.
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
          Lol. Huh...

Comment

Some. Some Republicans accept all Americans.

I've heard some pretty bigoted talk from some of the right-leaners at work. However, I pride myself on being big enough to not label the entire GOP as a bunch of bigots, just because of the ignorance of some who happen to vote Repub.

Comment

Originally posted by tehJet View Post

I've heard some pretty bigoted talk from some of the right-leaners at work. However, I pride myself on being big enough to not label the entire GOP as a bunch of bigots, just because of the ignorance of some who happen to vote Repub.
              Thanks for that. Pretty much the same as my reply to what Trooper said... I tend to fall in line with Republicans on a lot of issues and I think I'm pretty squared away when it comes to juding people and the sort. I mean, literally my bestfriend is hispanic, and this city is fairly diverse. But I'll quickly admit that of the bigots who do live in this country, I bet at least 2/3 of them vote Republican. Not 2/3 Republicans, 2/3 bigots.

Comment

Agreed. It would be easy to say there are bigots and close-minded people who DON'T accept "all Americans" on the right. It would be easy to provide examples. But the same could be said for those on the left. Nut-cases on both sides, unfortunately. Its just too bad some people only see in Blue or Red...

Comment

Oddly enough, in my experience it is liberals and democrats who are clearly the more bigoted bunch.

They talk the talk, but it's republicans / conservatives who walk the walk.

Freedom for slaves - republican won
                  First woman elected governor - a republican
                  First female mayor - a republican
                  First female governor - a republican
                  First black mayor - a republican
                  First black Secretary of State - republican appointed
                  First black National Security advisor - republican appointed
                  First female secretary of state - republican appointed
                  First black, female Secretary of State - republican appointed
                  First black Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff - republican appointed
                  First woman Supreme Court Justice - republican appointed
                  First woman judge - republican appointed
                  First hispanic attorney general - republican appointed
                  First woman Secretary of Transportation - republican appointed

Bush has appointed five times the number of females and minorities to position of high federal standing, than Clinton, Carter, Johnson and Kennedy combined.

And, just look at the attacks on who will become the first republican woman to be vice president. They haven't been from republicans - but DEMOCRATS!

As I said, we walk the walk. Dems just use "...Words! Just Words....!"
                  The All New
                  Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                  - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

You forgot the soon to be first elected FEMALE VICE PREZ......

Comment

It's just that it's too good to be true. Somebody pinch me.
                      The All New
                      - M1Garand

Comment

C'mere big boy!

Comment

Originally posted by farewelltonavy
                          gay republicans ? wow I thought they had morals...

I don't think they're real gays anyway!
                          That group isn't new. They've been around longer than you've been in this country.
                          The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Oddly enough, in my experience it is liberals and democrats who are clearly the more bigoted bunch.

Bush has appointed five times the number of females and minorities to position of high federal standing, than Clinton, Carter, Johnson and Kennedy combined.

And, just look at the attacks on who will become the first republican woman to be vice president. They haven't been from republicans - but DEMOCRATS!

While all true, don't forget that conservative Republicans were the ones who tried to block the Civil Rights Act, and that back when Lincoln freed the slaves, the Republican party was NOT the party it is today. It was the more liberal of the two.

And besides, I'm not talking about the GOP. I'm talking about the Repbulican electorate. I see and hear FAR more bigoted comments from people around me who call themselves conservatives and Republicans than I do from the Democrats around me. Again, I know that not all Republicans are like that, and the the GOP is not a party full of racists

Oh, and the attacks on Palin from the Democrats aren't because she's a woman. C'mon man, I thought you could come up with better arguements than that. It's because they disagree with her conservative policies and her percieved lack of experience.

If I follow your logic, I could say that Republicans are in fact racist, because the attacks on Obama, potentially the first black president are coming from REPUBLICANS! Oh, and sexist, because the attacks on Clinton, who had potential to be the first woman president were from REPUBLICANS!

No one should be expected to support someone that they vehemently disagree with, just because they are a certain race or gender.
                            Last edited by tehJet; 09-05-2008, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Don't interchange Liberal and Democrat. The Democrat of past years is not the Democratic party of the present. Same with Republicans. In previous years, many modern day Conservatives would likely have been Democrats and many Liberals today would have been Republicans yesterday...

And further, anybody can look at "liberal" beliefs and tell that they are more...LIBERAL. Isn't that what they got harped on so much for? For being too lenient in wanting to help people, for making people too lazy? For wanting TOO many priviledges for minorities? So how can THAT be the case...yet they are also the more bigoted? Hah, interesting how people try to justify things...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4044 users online. 180 members and 3864 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X