X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjhoyt27
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2007

Sarah Palin picked as VP, according to CNN

Didn't she force the head of the Alaska State troopers, to fire on of his own, because the trooper was involved in a messy divorce with her sister?
    "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."
  • Hoosier_Boy
    All hail Smurf!
    • Jan 2007

Story from the AP...

DENVER - John McCain tapped little-known Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his vice presidential running mate, two senior campaign officials told The Associated Press on Friday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

A formal announcement was expected within a few hours at a campaign rally in swing-state Ohio.

Palin, 44, is a self-styled hockey mom and political reformer who has been governor of her state less than two years.

Palin's selection was a stunning surprise, as McCain passed over many other better known prospects, some of whom had been the subject of intense speculation for weeks or months.

At 44, she is a generation younger that Sen. Joseph Biden of Delaware, who is Barack Obama's running mate on the Democratic ticket.

She is three years Obama's junior, as well — and McCain has made much in recent weeks of Obama's relative lack of experience in foreign policy and defense matters.

Palin flew overnight to an airport in Ohio near Dayton, and even as she awaited her formal introduction, close aides said they had believed she was at home in Alaska.

She is a former mayor of Wasilla who became governor of her state in 2006 after ousting a governor of her own party in a primary and then dispatching a former governor in the general election.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

DENVER (AP) — John McCain tapped little-known Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his vice presidential running mate, two senior campaign officials told The Associated Press on Friday.

A formal announcement was expected within a few hours at a campaign rally in swing-state Ohio.

Palin, 44, is a self-styled hockey mom and political reformer who has been governor of her state less than two years.

Palin's selection was a stunning surprise, as McCain passed over many other better known prospects, some of whom had been the subject of intense speculation for weeks or months.

At 44, she is a generation younger that Sen. Joseph Biden of Delaware, who is Barack Obama's running mate on the Democratic ticket.

She is three years Obama's junior, as well — and McCain has made much in recent weeks of Obama's relative lack of experience in foreign policy and defense matters.

Comment

• Ex Army MP
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mjhoyt27
      Didn't she force the head of the Alaska State troopers, to fire on of his own, because the trooper was involved in a messy divorce with her sister?
      No. Just sour grapes on his part. No evidence of this.

FWIW, I'd do her as I posted in the other forum.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

• Chit2001
        Midwest Nittany Lion
        • Nov 2007

Outstanding choice for VP. Several months ago, I had wished she would run for President or be chosen as a VP...... but I disregarded it as I didn't think she really had a chance being from AK. I'm VERY happy with this choice.
        1*

Comment

• ABC144
          This World is a Ghetto...
          • May 2008

This selection could hurt Obama's quest for the female vote. Now history will be made either way.
          ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

• JTShooter
            Sheepdog
            • Jun 2006

I f***ing love when I'm right.

I'm always right.

I run this ****.

------------

ANYWAYS, this is his BEST choice. He get's the upset Clinton supporters, most if not all the independents and he keeps his conservative ticket.

She boosts him in domestic issues, she's pretty, young, and very intelligence.

This is the first time a VP nomination has made me happy.

He has won.
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

• DAL
              "Official Non-Person"
              • Dec 2005

Unfortunately, I think her lack of experience makes her unsuitable for the job of President. Given McCain's age, whether she can step into the presidency will be a major concern for voters.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• mjhoyt27
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DAL
                Unfortunately, I think her lack of experience makes her unsuitable for the job of President. Given McCain's age, whether she can step into the presidency will be a major concern for voters.
                It does take McCains main argument away, that Obama is young and lacks experience...which is something he has said hunderds of times.
                "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Comment

• Bearcat357
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DAL
                  Errr....she's ran the State of Alaksa for the last two years....

What has B.Hussein Obama II done over the last two years....? Oh yeah....nothing but run for President and avoid the Senate that he was elected too.....

Comment

• LAschoolCop
                    Colonel Skool
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Ex Army MP
                    No. Just sour grapes on his part. No evidence of this.

+1 Just like was said in the other forum...shes got that naughty librarian look

Comment

• KX250
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2008

She sure takes the cake as the best looking politician iv ever seen

Comment

• livestrong6
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2006

Isn't that a common sense move by MCcain. He is running agianst a black man. The only option for him to counter the potentional historical election is to even the playing field for his chances. Now if Obama had Hillary on his card then MCcain would have to of gone with a black man or women to offset the Obama campaign.

A historical implications of this election has to be equalized by the parties involved. I believe that was MCcain only hope to stay in the race for president. Now they are on equal Historical playing grounds so the gloves can come off so to speak.

Comment

• velobard
                          Forum Member
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Ex Army MP
                          Obama's father would have, too.

Comment

• FutureTrooper28
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2007

How do you guys think she will do against Biden in the debates?

I admittedly don't know much about her, but look forward to seeing more

Comment

• Mr. Mister
                              Forum Member
                              • Apr 2008

what song was playing while she was being introduced for her speech? what movie would that have been in?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21169 users online. 63 members and 21106 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...