300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B Hussein Obama (not Osama's) Acceptance Speech

As I sit here calling the community organizer a lying hypocrite, so loud that my wife was startled a couple of times, I realize there is a scarier picture than hime up there spewing lies on that stage....

It's the 75,000 sheep looking up adoringly and in tears.

God help us all.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

What about his speech was a lie? I have not been able to watch it yet, so if you could provide any examples, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to take notes on this one and the republicans speech next week, and then evaluate both of them. Feedback from anyone is welcome...I like to hear other's opinions and compare them to my own, then see if anyone else says anything that opens my eyes to something I may have missed.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by Mr. Mister; 08-28-2008, 11:31 PM. Reason: To Edit

Comment

Sorry troop, but after listening to Joe last night, and Barack tonight....I'm sold. He's got my vote in November. And I'm a die-hard Republican too.

This country simply CANNOT afford another four years similar to what George Bush has put us through. We just can't. And John McCain is just that, a third term for Bush.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

The big question for me following the speech is HOW?

He said that he would change almost everything under the sun. However, he never said how he plans to change anything.

Another thing, he said that McCain has become part of the Washington problem because he has served in the Senate for 20+ years. His running mate, Biden, has been in the Senate for 30+ years. If following this train of thought, who is the bigger problem?

BHO also mentioned that we don't need "AK-47's". Get ready for another useless ban of those "evil" looking weapons.

Did yo happen to catch the part about going after Bin Laden in his cave? That would mean invading Pakistan. A NUCLEAR nation.
        ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

I just loved the

"everyone gets tax cuts, free cars, and 1000 dollars" followed by the fireworks display.

He also mentioned that incomes should be equal, little scary there.

I honestly can't believe that some people are taking the bull**** this guy is spewing and eating it up

Comment

I think they are all full of it. I will wait for next week to hear what the republicans have to say before I pass any judgment. As I sit here reading this post, McCain is on TV now congratulating Obama on a job well done for tonight's speech. hmmmmmmmmmm Weird.
            Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

Originally posted by nebraska_deputy View Post
              I think they are all full of it. I will wait for next week to hear what the republicans have to say before I pass any judgment. As I sit here reading this post, McCain is on TV now congratulating Obama on a job well done for tonight's speech. hmmmmmmmmmm Weird.
              He's just giving BO some motivation before Obama gets totally stomped in the debates

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                As I sit here calling the community organizer a lying hypocrite, so loud that my wife was startled a couple of times, I realize there is a scarier picture than hime up there spewing lies on that stage....

It's the 75,000 sheep looking up adoringly and in tears.

God help us all.
                I think it's funny that you supposedly dislike Obama so much, yet all you do is talk about him. Every time he is on tv, you rush over to watch, mesmerized. You seem obsessed with the man.
                What is Perseverance?
                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

ABC144, there are a number of instances where Obama gave explanations on how he would like to make changes...direct from the text of his speech

"I will stop giving tax breaks to corporations that ship jobs overseas, and I will start giving them to companies that create good jobs right here in America."

I will eliminate capital gains taxes for the small businesses and the startups that will create the high-wage, high-tech jobs of tomorrow"

"I will tap our natural gas reserves, invest in clean coal technology, and find ways to safely harness nuclear power."

"And I'll invest 150 billion dollars over the next decade in affordable, renewable sources of energy; wind power and solar power and the next generation of biofuels"

"Now is the time to change our bankruptcy laws"

"I will also go through the federal budget, line by line, eliminating programs that no longer work "

He also did not say "we don't need AK-47's." He said "don't tell me we can't uphold the Second Amendment while keeping AK-47s out of the hands of criminals." He states specifically the right for law abiding citizens to own weapons while keeping criminals from owning said weapons.

Third, when he made reference to Obama's cave, he was referring to going after him while he was believed to be in Afghanistan. He even speaks of Afghanistan in the same paragraph. McCain said we could "muddle through" Afghanistan and focus on Iraq, was the point of the comment. He said nothing, nor implied anthying, in regards to Pakistan.

KX250...why is it scary to think that a woman doing the same work as a man should get paid equally? That is what he is referring to. Do you really think women deserve less money for doing the same work?
                  Last edited by Mr. Mister; 08-29-2008, 12:42 AM.

Comment

"I will stop giving tax breaks to corporations that ship jobs overseas, and I will start giving them to companies that create good jobs right here in America
                    Increase the taxes of any business and the end result will be higher prices for the end consumer of that particular industry. Slick Willy signed the NAFTA treaty. Which resulted in the exportation of jobs.

"I will tap our natural gas reserves, invest in clean coal technology, and find ways to safely harness nuclear power."
                    I'm glad to see that he's listening to T. Boone Pickens.

"And I'll invest 150 billion dollars over the next decade in affordable, renewable sources of energy; wind power and solar power and the next generation of biofuels"
                    Which taxes will he raise to fund this? Not that I'm against these ideas. How does he intend to pay for them?

"Now is the time to change our bankruptcy laws"
                    HOW will these laws be changed?

"I will also go through the federal budget, line by line, eliminating programs that no longer work "
                    Does this include Social Security, Affirmative Action, and the current Welfare System?

when he made reference to Obama's cave, he was referring to going after him while he was believed to be in Afghanistan. He even speaks of Afghanistan in the same paragraph. McCain said we could "muddle through" Afghanistan and focus on Iraq, was the point of the comment. He said nothing, nor implied anthying, in regards to Pakistan.
                    OK, since Osama is no longer in Afghanistan we should not go after him? McCain said that he would follow Osama to the gates of Hell.

He also did not say "we don't need AK-47's." He said "don't tell me we can't uphold the Second Amendment while keeping AK-47s out of the hands of criminals."
                    Why single out a specific type of firearm. Why not just say guns. Again, lookout for another useless ban.
                    Last edited by ABC144; 08-29-2008, 01:09 AM.
                    ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Awesome!!! I am Wow-ed, and i'm proud...

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                        Sorry troop, but after listening to Joe last night, and Barack tonight....I'm sold. He's got my vote in November. And I'm a die-hard Republican too.

This country simply CANNOT afford another four years similar to what George Bush has put us through. We just can't. And John McCain is just that, a third term for Bush.
                        You and I have had our differences in the past, but I knew there was a reason I kept...."rooting" for you...

Comment

You've all just been brainwashed. How do you feel? ha haa
                          "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

I'm sorry.....but how in the freaking world could any educated, hard working person vote for this dangerous individual scares me to freaking death...

Voters need to do their homework.....This man will change the USA in ways most folks cannot understand thanks to the liberal media and what they print or televise......

And yes.... I printed his speech off.....and used it to wipe myself.....because that's the only thing it was good for.....
                            Last edited by Bearcat357; 08-29-2008, 03:51 AM.

Comment

When I was assigned to my first unit in the Coast Guard, in 1993, there was so much talk about how the country would go to hell because of the new president. Being on watch at sea is often an impetus for having those conversations you're not supposed to in the work place; you know, those of a religious or political ilk. For two years I listened to the blah blah blah of Whitewater and how corrupt the president was.

Now, after eight years of prosperity, low unemployment, a strong economy and what led to a balanced budget, I contrast that to the eight years under Bush. Wow.

It has been proven, so many times, on so many issues, and in so many ways Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield, and Wolfowitz lied. These are lies that ultimately have led to many of our service people being killed. The Bush administration lied for years to the American public.

Despite all that has happened in these last two terms, people like you, 1042 Trooper, will ignore the reality and continue to spew your vitriol. I realize there is nothing I can say to change that. However, after watching the WONDERFUL speech, I am certain that many minds will be changed.

I wonder if after four, or hopefully, eight, years of a democratic administration, the right wing will still be so blind that they can't see what a positive difference a democrat makes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3637 users online. 262 members and 3375 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X