X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjhoyt27
    replied
    Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
    I bet you'd lose that bet. You're implicitly suggesting that Senator McCain would change his tune if one of the most troublesome aspects of the issue were visited upon his own family. That isn't true. Senator McCain does as much as he can to adhere to his principles even in times of adversity. I do think if there were a chance for Senator McCain to get Mr. Justice Blackmun's opinion in the Roe v Wade optative abortion decision overturned, he might settle over the nonconsensuality issue -- that's a very small percentage of the abortions that take place.

His faithful wife Cindy is almost certainly for age-associated reasons infertile, and Senator Obama, much as I dislike some aspects of him, I fully believe is faithful to his marriage vows, and almost certainly isn't a rapist, even though he's in my opinion quite corrupt.

I think your comment is inappropriate.

Sincerely,

Monty
    It was inappropriate, and I wasn't serious. I already mentioned that I heard it on the Stern Show and thought it was funny. A couple of things bothered me about your post. First, McCain has changed his position on numerous issues, after all this is a man that wrote an immigration bill, then said he wouldn't vote for his own bill. So I wouldn't be so sure that he wouldn't change his "principles" if push came to shove, he has been changing them since he became a canadiate. Second, I never said anything about anyone being rapped. I hope rape didn't come to your post just because Obama is a black man and Cindy is a white woman.

Leave a comment:

• mjhoyt27
    replied
    Originally posted by justhomp View Post
    Interesting. Never heard it flipped like that....
    Weren't you alive in 2000?

Leave a comment:

• Monty Ealerman
    replied
    I think a third party vote is effectively more like an abstention, but I wrote Senator John McCain in on my ballot in the general election when he didn't win the Republican nomination.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
    Even tho you wont be directly voting FOR McCain, a third party vote will be like a vote for him.
    Interesting. Never heard it flipped like that....

Leave a comment:

• Monty Ealerman
    replied
    Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
    I bet if Barack Obama knocked Cindy McCain up, McCain's view on abortion would change pretty quickly.
    I bet you'd lose that bet. You're implicitly suggesting that Senator McCain would change his tune if one of the most troublesome aspects of the issue were visited upon his own family. That isn't true. Senator McCain does as much as he can to adhere to his principles even in times of adversity. I do think if there were a chance for Senator McCain to get Mr. Justice Blackmun's opinion in the Roe v Wade optative abortion decision overturned, he might settle over the nonconsensuality issue -- that's a very small percentage of the abortions that take place.

His faithful wife Cindy is almost certainly for age-associated reasons infertile, and Senator Obama, much as I dislike some aspects of him, I fully believe is faithful to his marriage vows, and almost certainly isn't a rapist, even though he's in my opinion quite corrupt.

I think your comment is inappropriate.

Sincerely,

Monty

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    Originally posted by JMTX View Post
    I will NOT vote for a Candidate who wants to make abortion illegal. I simply will NOT.
    It doesn't matter what a candidate believes about abortion. The Supreme Court has already ruled that (within certain restrictions) it is legal. If a conservative is elected to the Office of President, he will probably appoint constructionist judges who believe in upholding prior Supreme Court decisions. Liberal candidates don't believe in precident. To them, the Constitution is an evolving work and their appointees feel they can change whatever they want.

Leave a comment:

• Jellybean400
    replied
    Originally posted by JMTX View Post
    You know that is a VERY good point.

MANY moderates/independants would give McCain their vote if he'd soften his abortion stance.

I can't fricking stand Obama, and I agree with McCain on about 75% of his stances. However, I will NOT vote for a Candidate who wants to make abortion illegal. I simply will NOT.

So I will be voting for a 3rd party. End of story.
    Even tho you wont be directly voting FOR McCain, a third party vote will be like a vote for him.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Honestly though, I wish McCain would just leave abortion out his platform. Even though it's not going to change, too many people will be distracted by that one issue
    You know that is a VERY good point.

MANY moderates/independants would give McCain their vote if he'd soften his abortion stance.

I can't fricking stand Obama, and I agree with McCain on about 75% of his stances. However, I will NOT vote for a Candidate who wants to make abortion illegal. I simply will NOT.

So I will be voting for a 3rd party. End of story.

Leave a comment:

• Southflaguy
    replied
    Her politics are spot on. As a kicker, she's mighty easy to look at too!
    She's ok looking...Kind of cute w/ the glasses and all...I'll give her a 6...

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Originally posted by justhomp View Post
    I think McCain should go with Alaska Governor Sara Palin

She would court the conservative base, add youth and domestic experience to his ticket, and most importantly, court the upset Clinton supporters.
    Her politics are spot on. As a kicker, she's mighty easy to look at too!

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    I think McCain should go with Alaska Governor Sara Palin

She would court the conservative base, add youth and domestic experience to his ticket, and most importantly, court the upset Clinton supporters.

Leave a comment:

• mjhoyt27
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbus View Post
    That's pretty logical, how long did it take you to think that one out?

Honestly though, I wish McCain would just leave abortion out his platform. Even though it's not going to change, too many people will be distracted by that one issue.
    I can't take credit, Howard Stern said it on his show last week.

Leave a comment:

• Columbus
    replied
    Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
    Have to agree with you on this....his father was muslim, and he gave his son a muslim sounding name.
    Me as well, gives us all a bad name.

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by tehJet View Post
    Because he's actually a secret Al Qaida operative in disguise!!!!!!!111eleven

Please come up with a better reason than that. The man can't help what he is named. And if he changed it to something more "American", you'd jump on him for changing it. Honestly, I've said it before, if he had the exact same background, but his name was Bobby Harold O'Reilly, he wouldn't be getting half the flack he is right now.
    Have to agree with you on this....his father was muslim, and he gave his son a muslim sounding name.

Leave a comment:

• tehJet
    replied
    Originally posted by plainclothes View Post
    Barak Hussien Obama has three muslim names, I wonder why that is? Why does he refuse to salute the American flag or wear a pin of one on his lapel? Why do his closest influences, his long term wife and his long term minister, seem to hate America?
    Because he's actually a secret Al Qaida operative in disguise!!!!!!!111eleven

Please come up with a better reason than that. The man can't help what he is named. And if he changed it to something more "American", you'd jump on him for changing it. Honestly, I've said it before, if he had the exact same background, but his name was Bobby Harold O'Reilly, he wouldn't be getting half the flack he is right now.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6733 users online. 383 members and 6350 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X