Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Obama's cop killing friend to the friends montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEeHl0h3NBo

Old news for those of us on here... he also bombed 1 Police Plaza in New York.
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Swift Boat Liars for Bush: Part Two
      -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by djack16 View Post
        I haven't seen anything to disprove this.

Comment

The lie is where, exactly?
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
            I haven't seen anything to disprove this.
            Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
            The lie is where, exactly?
            Yes, please tell us where it's been shown to be false.

IIRC, Obama mentions him a lot in his first book...

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

phew, I had no clue what this new bush conspiracy was..

Comment

The connection is not there, He served on the board of some anti-poverty chrity group with the guy. That certainly doesn't imply that Obama supports his views or his criminal activities.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-...onnection.html

Candidate Watch
                Obama's 'Weatherman' Connection

Chicago Police photos of William Ayers in 1968

"William Ayers, in the age of terrorism, will be Barack Obama's Willie Horton."
                --Former counterterrorism official Larry C. Johnson, The Huffington Post, Feb. 16, 2008.

There has been a sudden spate of blog items and newspaper articles, mainly in the British press, linking Barack Obama to a former member of the radical Weather Underground Organization that claimed responsibility for a dozen bombings between 1970 and 1974. The former Weatherman, William Ayers, now holds the position of distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois-Chicago. Although never convicted of any crime, he told the New York Times in September 2001, "I don't regret setting bombs...I feel we didn't do enough."

Both Obama and Ayers were members of the board of an anti-poverty group, the Woods Fund of Chicago, between 1999 and 2002. In addition, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's re-election fund to the Illinois State Senate in April 2001, as reported here. They lived within a few blocks of each other in the trendy Hyde Park section of Chicago, and moved in the same liberal-progressive circles.

Is there anything here that raises questions about Obama's judgment or is this just another example of guilt by association?
                The Facts

The first article in the mainstream press linking Obama to Ayers appeared in the London Daily Mail on February 2. It was written by Peter Hitchens, the right-wing brother of the left-wing firebrand turned Iraq war supporter, Christopher Hitchens. Hitchens cited the Ayers connection to bolster his argument that Obama is "far more radical than he would like us to know."

The Hitchens piece was followed by a Bloomberg article last week pointing to the Ayers connection as support for Hillary Clinton's contention that Obama might not be able to withstand the "Republican attack machine." Larry Johnson, a former counterterrorism official at the CIA and the State Department, predicted that the Republicans would seize on the Ayers case, and other Chicago relationships, to "bludgeon Obama's presidential aspirations into the dust."

The London Sunday Times joined the chorus this weekend by reporting that Republicans were "out to crush Barack by painting him as a leftwinger with dubious support".

The only hard facts that have come out so far are the $200 contribution by Ayers to the Obama re-election fund, and their joint membership of the eight-person Woods Fund Board. Ayers did not respond to e-mails and telephone calls requesting clarification of the relationship. Obama spokesman Bill Burton noted in a statement that Ayers was a professor of education at the University of Illinois and a former aide to Mayor Richard M. Daley, and continued:

Senator Obama strongly condemns the violent actions of the Weathermen group, as he does all acts of violence. But he was an eight-year-old child when Ayers and the Weathermen were active, and any attempt to connect Obama with events of almost forty years ago is ridiculous.

In the short term, the person who has most to gain by speculation about Obama's acquaintance with a former terrorist is Hillary Clinton. The former First Lady likes to present herself as "tested and vetted" after years of exposure to Republican attacks, in contrast to Obama, a relative newcomer to hardscrabble presidential politics. Such arguments resonate with Johnson, the counterterrorism expert, who told me that he is a Clinton supporter, although not involved with the campaign.

But the Obama-Ayers link is a tenuous one. As Newsday pointed out, Clinton has her own, also tenuous, Weatherman connection. Her husband commuted the sentences of a couple of convicted Weather Underground members, Susan Rosenberg and Linda Sue Evans, shortly before leaving office in January 2001. Which is worse: pardoning a convicted terrorist or accepting a campaign contribution from a former Weatherman who was never convicted?

Whatever his past, Ayers is now a respected member of the Chicago intelligentsia, and still a member of the Woods Fund Board. The president of the Woods Fund, Deborah Harrington, said he had been selected for the board because of his solid academic credentials and "passion for social justice."

"This whole connection is a stretch," Harrington told me. "Barack was very well known in Chicago, and a highly respected legislator. It would be difficult to find people round here who never volunteered or contributed money to one of his campaigns."

The Pinocchio Test

The question is not whether a connection can be established between Barack Obama and a former member of the Weathermen, but whether it has any significance for the 2008 presidential campaign. Could Bill Ayers become a political embarrassment for Obama? Let me know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                  The London Sunday Times joined the chorus this weekend by reporting that Republicans were "out to crush Barack by painting him as a leftwinger with dubious support".

Whatever his past, Ayers is now a respected member of the Chicago intelligentsia, and still a member of the Woods Fund Board. The president of the Woods Fund, Deborah Harrington, said he had been selected for the board because of his solid academic credentials and "passion for social justice."
                  Is it just me, or does anybody else start looking over their shoulder when they hear the words, 'social justice'? Like the words 'community organizer' I start to reach for, and most of all protect, my wallet. But to the spirit of the post.....

Let me deal with just these two:

Point No. 1 - How do Republicans (and Hillaristas) paint Barack Obama as a left-winger? By using the paint and brush handed them by Obama and his supporters. Are you try to tell me, Big Pat, that Obama is a Mainstream conservative on issues regarding abortion, the war in Iraq, the war on terror, Iran, North Korea, taxation, abortion, and gun control? Is he the conservative in this presidential race?

Point No. 2 - I think this article paints a very compacted, shortened version of their relationship. Hasn't Barack admitted they are friends? Although I believe that all politicians (including McCain) describe even casual, meaningless, acquaintances as "friends" (in anticipation of passing the campaign fund hat).

I can't for the life of me believe that this (so-called) "brilliant" man, Barack Obama, would not get briefed on his friend, William Ayers' (and his wife Bernadine Dorn) backgrounds. I'm only 4 years older than Obama, and know full well about the SDS and Weather Underground - yet, I understand why he might not, as when I began my police career in 1977 we still got FBI wanted posters for Ayers, Dorn, Joanne Chesimard, et al. But again, once his history was revealed, why couldn't Barack Obama say, in regards to Ayers, "F--- him and horse he rode in on (Dorn)." Nope, keep that cash cow/useful idiot available.

The same goes for three more members of the cast of unusual characters supporting Obama: Tony Rezcko (sp?), Reverand Wright and Father Flagler.

Knowing what you know now, Big Pat, would you spend 20 years in a church where Reverand Wright said the things he did? Would you associate, or attend church, with Fr. Flagler? Would you enter into any kind of real estate venture with Tony Rezcko?

And finally, Big Pat, would you be buddies with William Ayers? I'm dying to know.
                  Last edited by Kieth M.; 08-26-2008, 10:01 PM.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post

And finally, Big Pat, would you be buddies with William Ayers? I'm dying to know.
                    I'll second that.
                    Last edited by Chit2001; 08-26-2008, 08:15 PM.
                    1*

Comment

HE WROTE ABOUT HIS FRIENDSHIP WITH AYERS IN HIS FIRST BOOK

Can you hear me now? Good.

Comment

I find it amazing what some people will defend. BigPat, you have some brown on your nose.

Comment

I find it amazing what some people will defend. BigPat, you have some brown on your nose.
                          You know, a charge like that can be thrown at those who oppose Obama as well.

But prior to BigPat saying so, let me repeat what i've said elsewhere in posts regarding Obama & McCain:

I started out thinking I might vote for Obama.

Yes, my fellow conservatives, it's true. I heard the word change and it appealed to me. I also know someone, who knows someone, who knows him (Occidental College roommate, now an M.D.). This guy described him as "absolutley brilliant." I thought, too, that I might to cast a vote which helped make history...electing the first half-white....oh wait, he's promoted as half-black President. At the start, it looked good-to-go for me voting for Barack Obama.

Then, reminding myself that first I had to handle GOP matters before November, I threw my attention to Mitt Romney, who seemed (and still seems to me) to be the best GOP candidate in the mix. Too bad for me, he's out.

Time, events, and revelations have made me never want to see Obama in the White House. He's just too inexperienced and an empty suit - he has more questionable friends than I want to see associated with the leader of the free world. I couldn't vote for him with my 'nards being squeezed in a pair of rusty vice grips.

At first I said I'd be, "holding my nose and voting for McCain." Time has marched on, more has been revealed, and I'll be glad to vote for him. I'll even be sending some $$$ his way to help.

Obama seems like nothing more than an empty suit, a good looking stylish one, but empty nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                            HE WROTE ABOUT HIS FRIENDSHIP WITH AYERS IN HIS FIRST BOOK

Can you hear me now? Good.
                            If he did how come nobody has cited the relevant passages in his book? What exactly did he say that would lead one to believe that Ayers influences Obama's decisions or that Obama supports Ayers' past actions?

If there is such damning evidence of an Obama-Ayers connection in his book it is sure odd that nobody has actually cited the passages from the book...

Comment

I am not defending Ayers. I am pointing out that this particular attack on Obama is baseless, and it fits in with other right-wing rumors and attacks that try to say Obama is a Muslim, that he wants to change the national anthem, etc. Why can't some right wingers stick to the issues instead of spreading false rumors?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6130 users online. 368 members and 5762 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X