X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia To Cut All Military Ties With NATO

Norway: Russia to cut all military ties with NATO

22 hours ago

OSLO, Norway (AP) — Norway's Defense Ministry says Russia has informed it that it plans to cut all military ties with NATO.

Ministry spokeswoman Heidi Langvik-Hansen says the country's embassy received a telephone call from Russia's Defense Ministry on Wednesday, saying Moscow plans "to freeze all military cooperation with NATO and allied countries."

Norway was told in the telephone call a written note about this would be sent out shortly.

Russian officials were not immediately available to confirm the information and officials at NATO headquarters said they have not been informed of any such moves.

NATO foreign ministers Tuesday suspended formal contacts with Russia as punishment for sending troops into Georgia.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...fYewgD92M6AR05

I can't exactly say this comes as a surprise.

Comment

ehhhhh.

uh oh
      "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Damn, what's up w/ Russia, why are they acting like this?...
        sigpic

Comment

Should we ban them from acting like this? I think the UN should put a sanction on them.

Comment

Kinda ironic... considering NATO was originally designed to defend AGAINST the Russians. Ha

Either way, sanctions and "bans" () wouldn't bother Russia too much. They're not concerned about leaving the G8 and aren't concerned what the world thinks about them.

I say we hit them with economic ties. Tax all investments in Russian companies. Limit interactions between Russia and the global market. Hit them in the pocket, that'll slow them down.

Good ol' Putin. Doesn't realize WHY the Soviet Union failed....
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

We should Reagan them.. I was kidding about the UN tip-toeing, this'll be fun to watch and see just what unfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                Kinda ironic... considering NATO was originally designed to defend AGAINST the Russians. Ha

Either way, sanctions and "bans" () wouldn't bother Russia too much. They're not concerned about leaving the G8 and aren't concerned what the world thinks about them.

I say we hit them with economic ties. Tax all investments in Russian companies. Limit interactions between Russia and the global market. Hit them in the pocket, that'll slow them down.

Good ol' Putin. Doesn't realize WHY the Soviet Union failed....
                Great idea. First one to go will be LUKOIL..........Ah, but there's the rub. Now you're playing economic games with the Russian mafia. I kinda suspect everyone treads lightly when it comes to crossing their path.

Just wondering how you tell the world to not do business with a country which controls lots of oil, gold and other natural resources???? We've lost Reagan, and, well, it ain't the 80's anymore, like we had back then with a robust US economy. I guess we ain't in Kansas, eh Toto? Let's just keep calling 'puti' nasty names instead.

Most everyone has underrated ol' 'puti', when it comes to political strategy. Most especially Georgia.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                  Great idea. First one to go will be LUKOIL..........Ah, but there's the rub. Now you're playing economic games with the Russian mafia. I kinda suspect everyone treads lightly when it comes to crossing their path.

Just wondering how you tell the world to not do business with a country which controls lots of oil, gold and other natural resources???? We've lost Reagan, and, well, it ain't the 80's anymore, like we had back then with a robust US economy. I guess we ain't in Kansas, eh Toto? Let's just keep calling 'puti' nasty names instead.

Most everyone has underrated ol' 'puti', when it comes to political strategy. Most especially Georgia.
                  Like I said, individual countries that are against what Russia is doing can set up taxes on their own people. WE don't have to do anything more then tax or sanction ourselves. After all, WE aren't the only ones upset with "ol' puti"

Hey, I'm trying to play nice here since everyone is scared to go toe to toe with the Ruskis. I promise you if we (a 'coalition' if that makes people feel better) stand up to the Russians with force they'll back down.

I think you greatly overrate Putin.

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Russian Mafia?...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                      Russian Mafia?...
                      Russian Mafia's are more brutal than the U.S. Mafia's to my understanding.

Comment

I think columbus' remark was more along the lines of "what does that have to do with anything?"

Comment

That decision by Russia actually is a good thing for us. The only reason they would work with us is to gain advantages such as transfers of technology. Its like the International Space Station, we had to pay them to pony up their 'contribution', because they wouldn't spend their own resources.
                          The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                            I was thinking the same thing.
                            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                              Russian Mafia?...
                              Yes. A very powerful and dangerous organization. The likes of which the US has not seen. They have no problems killing the intended victim, and his wife, and his children, and the uncles along with the grandma.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4549 users online. 237 members and 4312 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X