Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormy
    replied
    Just pinch yourself every so often and remind yourself that this is not the Matrix. Why? Because Neo had a choice between the red and the blue pill. We don't. I mean look at the two blue pills running for President, and tell me I'm wrong. Where's the choice?

---

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    Obama will pick Binden to sure up his "foreign policy" creds, but Binden comes with some major baggage... so it'll help McCain a lot.

I still hold to my belief that if McCain picks ANYONE of his former competitors (Romney, Huckabee, etc) it'll be suicide. There are plenty of people who HATE the others enough NOT to vote for McCain.

His best bet is to pick a younger Governor or someone of the like that can sure up his conservative base. McCain can get us independents on his own, he needs to focus on getting those conservatives that might not vote for him out of protest...

Leave a comment:

• Hoosier_Boy
    replied
    No chance on Evan Bayh for Obama? Being from Indiana I really like Evan.a

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoosier_Boy View Post
    This election depends on VP's...
    Mccain- Sara Palin or Romney- gov palin would be a good choice, younger, runs one of the biggest states and seen as more conservative than McCain-Romney has some baggage

BHO-Hillary, Richardson, Biden.

BHO has the harder choice. If he picks a women it HAS to be Hillary. Hillary hurts him in the general election but if he picks another woman her supporters won't vote for him. If he picks an older more experienced VP, his lack of experience becomes even more glaring. If he picks a younger VP, then no one on the ticket has enough experience.

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by CPD7297 View Post

Hasn't the Communist News Network CNN already said Obama is our president?
    ;yep,,,but they also said Hillary going to be POTUS was last year. They need to work on their predictions a little better.

In all fairness most pundits had Hillary winning. There were very few people, including myself, who thought she would lose.

Leave a comment:

• Hoosier_Boy
    replied
    This election depends on VP's...

Leave a comment:

• CPD7297
    replied
    Originally posted by tony.o View Post
    I almost hate to say this, but I almost would rather have Hillary in the White House than either McCain or Obama.

Hasn't the Communist News Network CNN already said Obama is our president?

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    McCain will lose the election if he picks Leiberman as VP because that would be the final slap in the face to conservatives.
    I almost hate to say this, but I almost would rather have Hillary in the White House than either McCain or Obama.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor13
    replied
    This election wont ever be over

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    I still believe that the polls are wrong and that there are probably close to 20% of Democrats are not voting for Obama, however they will SAY they are to save face in front of others.

That's why I believe the "exit polls" will be drastically different from the actual numbers, making the Dems cry foul.

Leave a comment:

• nuthead
    started a topic Why McCain will win

Why McCain will win

Full article: http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=13726

Political Hay
    Batman and Rush: Why McCain Will Win
    By Jeffrey Lord
    Published 8/19/2008 12:08:37 AM

OK. I'll walk out on a limb.

This election has already been decided. It's over. The winner is John McCain.

How, you are asking, could anybody be so utterly stupid to say such a thing in August? What about the polls showing Obama ahead? Haven't I heard about Obama-mania? The conventions haven't even been held!

Well, since you asked, I'll tell you.

Yes, I know how to read the polls. I've seen the television coverage of the adoring Obama crowds. Followed the "triumph" of the Obama European tour. Know that in some eyes McCain is "old." I've heard all the usual buzz about potential VPs and which possible number two brings what to which ticket. Listened to the usual back-and-forth between the rival campaigns. "Did so!" "Did not!" Yada-yada-yada, as Seinfeld might say.

To which I say: So what?

If you really want to know the outcome of this election, the answers are out there to be found right now. Look around. Take a good hard look at what is going on around us all. It requires only that we understand what we are seeing, beginning with two much reported events of the summer.

First, The Dark Knight broke movie records with first day earnings of over $66 million. The film has broken one record after another, just as films like Star Wars or a Star Wars sequel or Spiderman or a Spiderman sequel did in their time. All by himself, Bloomberg tells us, Batman is poised to boost Hollywood towards a record year of $10 billion in box office sales.

Second. Simultaneous to the huge success of The Dark Knight, Rush Limbaugh has celebrated his 20th year as the host of his nationally syndicated number one radio show, signing an 8-year contract for a reported $400 million. His show is heard on approximately 600 stations around the country, with the president of Premiere Radio Networks saying the show enjoys an "unprecedented platform of radio affiliates." In recent weeks Rush has received one big happy fist pump from everyone including but not limited to the President of the United States and the "Dittoheads" who listen to him regularly as part of an audience of 20 million a week.
    I thought this was an interesting article. Opinions anyone?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2829 users online. 166 members and 2663 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X