X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CragCrawler
    replied
    Originally posted by tony.o View Post
    he doesn't think Americans should be allowed to own 'assault rifles' or 'weapons of war'.
    Wasn't the point of the 2nd Amendment to "security of a free state"? Wouldn't that be great! The government take away our "weapons of war" so that they have all the goodies and we get pitch forks and machetes. Al' Qaeda would love that!

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    No point in discussing anything like this with him. He knows his boy is on the wrong side of this issue with most here, so he's going to play dumb and pretend he doesn't know.

Leave a comment:

• velobard
    replied
    Originally posted by djack16 View Post
    Just out of curiousity I followed some of the citations the NRA left for us at the bottom of the page. Obama says nothing about a ban on 19-round magazines. He says we should be having a conversation about it. It should be in the dialogue.
    Why?

On waiting periods, I could find nothing in that article they referenced that showed Obama voted for anything like that. All they did was rant and rave about a questionnaire that had several loaded questions. Like this gem "Do you support state legislation that bans the sale, manufacture, and possession of handguns" Almost every politician would answer yes to this.
    Who are you thinking would answer yes to banning handguns?

Possession by felons is ridiculous, sale of fully automatic weapons to unqualified individuals, and unsafe manufacturing of defective handguns. If anything they should criticize him for filling out such a bull**** questionnaire.

What a bunch of dishonest BS. I shouldn't even be surprised this is sent out by the NRA.
    How do you define "unqualified individuals"? Do you have any clue how few crimes have been commited with legally possessed machine guns? Since the NFA passed, a grand total of two, one by a doctor and one by a police officer.

Leave a comment:

• benron
    replied
    Originally posted by djack16 View Post
    Just out of curiousity I followed some of the citations the NRA left for us at the bottom of the page. Obama says nothing about a ban on 19-round magazines. He says we should be having a conversation about it. It should be in the dialogue.

On waiting periods, I could find nothing in that article they referenced that showed Obama voted for anything like that. All they did was rant and rave about a questionnaire that had several loaded questions. Like this gem "Do you support state legislation that bans the sale, manufacture, and possession of handguns" Almost every politician would answer yes to this. Possession by felons is ridiculous, sale of fully automatic weapons to unqualified individuals, and unsafe manufacturing of defective handguns. If anything they should criticize him for filling out such a bull**** questionnaire.

What a bunch of dishonest BS. I shouldn't even be surprised this is sent out by the NRA.
    If you think obama is pro gun,i got some swamp land to sell you,ive listened to his bullsh**t while he was in the IL senate,which by the way he (Obama) did'nt make one significant change to help the people of IL and hasn't done anything worth mentioning while in the US Senate,i was born and raised in chicago and i work for the state of IL,so i'am well aware of the corrupt political machine that produced obama.

Leave a comment:

• djack16
    replied

On waiting periods, I could find nothing in that article they referenced that showed Obama voted for anything like that. All they did was rant and rave about a questionnaire that had several loaded questions. Like this gem "Do you support state legislation that bans the sale, manufacture, and possession of handguns" Almost every politician would answer yes to this. Possession by felons is ridiculous, sale of fully automatic weapons to unqualified individuals, and unsafe manufacturing of defective handguns. If anything they should criticize him for filling out such a bull**** questionnaire.

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    Originally posted by Rifleguy View Post
    Oh McCain is no 100% 2A supporter but he's no where near Obama. At least under Mccain, I would still be able to get a semi auto rifle ala AR15. Under Obama, I'd be lucky to have a slingshot.
    I have a pretty good memory regarding these things. McCain says now that he doesn't plan on any gun control, but I do remember a few years ago that he made the statement that he doesn't think Americans should be allowed to own 'assault rifles' or 'weapons of war', specifically mentioning that the AK47 ( refering to the semi auto clones we can own) was used to kill Americans soldiers in Vietnam and that we shouldn't be allowed to own them. The subject was the expiration of the so called assault weapon ban and even Bush stated that if congress reauthorized it, he would go ahead and sign it. Bush said that, giving in, after the media made such a big fuss about the expiration.
    If that ban ever comes up again, which it will, the next on will be worse, they'll make sure it covers all the loop holes they complained about and will not have a sunset provision.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    Just like to point out that McCain is from a border state. A state that has a few issues with former south american military personnel coming across, buying weapons here and using them to help the cartel collect on debts, kidnap, and murder. That's where his stance comes from.

At least he's smart enough to realize it's the badguys killing, and not the guns themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Rifleguy
    replied
    Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
    I wonder what McCain would do???

http://www.votegopher.com/issue.php?...17&can=3&pid=4

Has anyone read McCain's history in terms of gun control? He is worse than Obama.

http://www.gunowners.org/mccaintb.htm

Don't be fooled by his sudden change, he is pandering to voters.
    Oh McCain is no 100% 2A supporter but he's no where near Obama. At least under Mccain, I would still be able to get a semi auto rifle ala AR15. Under Obama, I'd be lucky to have a slingshot.

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
    LASchoolCop shouldn't care, he still gets to have his gun, if obama takes the cops guns away, he'll learn his lesson.
    The Obamamessiah wont take away firearms from LE....someone has to protect him from the unwashed masses.......

Leave a comment:

• TheKansan
    replied
    http://www.gunowners.org/mcgungrab.htm

Nowhere is McCain's chicanery and duplicity more jeopardous than in the area of the right to keep and bear arms. On issues relating to the Second Amendment, John McCain is a disaster! For example, the highly respected Gun Owners of America (GOA) rates McCain with a grade of F-. McCain's failing grade is well deserved.

John McCain sponsored an amendment to S. 1805 on March 2, 2004 that would outlaw the private sale of firearms at gun shows. According to GOA, the provision would effectively eliminate gun shows, because every member of an organization sponsoring a gun show could be imprisoned if the organization fails to notify each and every "person who attends the special firearms event of the requirements [under the Brady Law]."

John McCain also sponsored an Incumbent Protection provision to the so-called "Campaign Finance Reform" bill, which severely curtails the ability of outside groups (such as GOA) to communicate the actions of incumbent politicians to members and supporters prior to an election.

The GOA report of the 106th Congress reveals that out of 15 votes relating to the right to keep and bear arms, Senator John McCain voted favorably only 4 times. Put that into a percentage and McCain's pro-Second Amendment voting record is a pathetic 27%.

Leave a comment:

• TheKansan
    replied
    Originally posted by Rifleguy View Post
    As some one who has been to more gunshows thanI can remember, I don't recall seeing local gangbangers there and with criminals acquiring 92% of firearms outside of legal channels (including gunshows) maybe a loophole is the least of society's worries.

Since less than 3% of all crimes involve "semi-auto military style firearms" why do we need a ban in the first place?

I wonder what McCain would do???

http://www.votegopher.com/issue.php?...17&can=3&pid=4
    One gun restriction McCain has supported is closing the "gun show loophole." He would require background checks for anyone purchasing a gun at a gun show.
    Has anyone read McCain's history in terms of gun control? He is worse than Obama.

http://www.gunowners.org/mccaintb.htm

Don't be fooled by his sudden change, he is pandering to voters.

Leave a comment:

• LAschoolCop
    replied
    Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
    Obama does, silly!
    Perfect!!

Leave a comment:

• GangGreen712
    replied
    Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
    Read the 2nd paragraph of post #32....He supports COMMON SENSE GUN CONTROL. Who decides what is common sense?
    Obama does, silly!

Leave a comment:

• Chief Wiggum
    replied
    Originally posted by tony.o View Post
    Actually an article accompanies the ten points card which explains Obamas postitions based on his past record.
    And I'm sure it's not inflated or exagerated at all.

That being said, the statement on his website is kind of weak. It allows for a lot of wiggle room to go after handguns and concealed carry for law abiding citizens. Me no like.

Leave a comment:

• Rifleguy
    replied
    As some one who has been to more gunshows thanI can remember, I don't recall seeing local gangbangers there and with criminals acquiring 92% of firearms outside of legal channels (including gunshows) maybe a loophole is the least of society's worries.

Since less than 3% of all crimes involve "semi-auto military style firearms" why do we need a ban in the first place?

Why should any of those issues be a plank for a party and his lordship Obama when over 60% of LEOs feloniously killed, the killer was on PAROLE or that 75% of gunshot victims in Chicago are criminals?

Common sense would dictate a different course.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4455 users online. 221 members and 4234 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X