300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's "Ten Point Plan to Change the 2nd Amendment"

I received my Sept '08 Rifleman magazine in the mail today. It has the Springfield XD-M on the front cover, and since I am an avid Springfield fan I was anxious to read more. As I was shuffling to page 64, I came across a brief article about Obama's Ten Point Plan to "Change" the Second Amendment. As I read through it, my jaw hit the floor. I thought I would share. This is on page 40-41. At the bottom of the page it says go to www.nraila.org/obama for more information.

(Disclaimer: Rifleman is an NRA magazine).

1) Ban the use of firearms for home defense.
    2) Pass federal laws eliminating your Right to Carry.
    3) Ban the manufacture, sale, and possession of handguns.
    4) Close down 90% of the gun shops in America.
    5) Ban rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.
    6) Increase federal taxes on guns and ammunition by 500 percent.
    7) Restore voting rights for five million criminals including those who have been convicted of using a gun to commit a violent crime.
    8) Expand the Clinton semi-auto ban to include millions more firearms.
    9) Mandate a government-issues license to purchase a firearm.
    10) Appoint judges to the US Supreme Court and Federal judiciary who share his views on the Second Amendment.

I knew that my gun rights would be in jeopardy if Obama were to take office, but I never knew to what extent his plans were to restrict gun ownership. Sigh........
    'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Strange how you don't hear him out bragging about this stuff on the campaign trail.

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
      Strange how you don't hear him out bragging about this stuff on the campaign trail.
      He reveals his plans only in private meetings with the NRA ILA.

Comment

Originally posted by cbr600_kitty View Post
        I received my Sept '08 Rifleman magazine in the mail today. It has the Springfield XD-M on the front cover, and since I am an avid Springfield fan I was anxious to read more. As I was shuffling to page 64, I came across a brief article about Obama's Ten Point Plan to "Change" the Second Amendment. As I read through it, my jaw hit the floor. I thought I would share. This is on page 40-41. At the bottom of the page it says go to www.nraila.org/obama for more information.

(Disclaimer: Rifleman is an NRA magazine).

1) Ban the use of firearms for home defense.
        2) Pass federal laws eliminating your Right to Carry.
        3) Ban the manufacture, sale, and possession of handguns.
        4) Close down 90% of the gun shops in America.
        5) Ban rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.
        6) Increase federal taxes on guns and ammunition by 500 percent.
        7) Restore voting rights for five million criminals including those who have been convicted of using a gun to commit a violent crime.
        8) Expand the Clinton semi-auto ban to include millions more firearms.
        9) Mandate a government-issues license to purchase a firearm.
        10) Appoint judges to the US Supreme Court and Federal judiciary who share his views on the Second Amendment.

I knew that my gun rights would be in jeopardy if Obama were to take office, but I never knew to what extent his plans were to restrict gun ownership. Sigh........
        I gotta squeeze off some more shots before Obama gets in office.

Comment

I like McCain's ten point plan better:

Score a touchdown, kick the extra point, then get a field goal.
          sigpic
          Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
          And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post
            He reveals his plans only in private meetings with the NRA ILA.
            His track record speaks for itself. He just tries to shuffle it under the rug sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
              I like McCain's ten point plan better:

Score a touchdown, kick the extra point, then get a field goal.
              Haha, very nice.

Comment

Hope & Change, folks.
                1*

Comment

"What Washington needs is adult supervision." -Obama

he said it right! I think he meant himself, also
                  "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Originally posted by exdrip View Post
                    "What Washington needs is adult supervision." -Obama

he said it right! I think he meant himself, also
                    He might burn down house

Comment

Well I have a hard time believing that since its an NRA article...this is from his site:

PROTECTING GUN RIGHTS
                      Respect the Second Amendment: Millions of hunters and shooters own and use guns each year. Barack
                      Obama believes the Second Amendment creates an individual right, and he respects the constitutional rights of
                      Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase,
                      own, transport, and use guns.

So its probably somewhere in between!

Comment

Well, wanting to make those CHANGEs and actually making those CHANGEs are two different things. The only way he could pull some of those off is by CHANG(E)ing the SCOTUS around and adding his own hippies to the mix.

I can see him taxing the crap out of the metal used to produce weapons and ammunition effectively increasing the cost of weapons/ammo and taking them out of our hands...
                        “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
                          Well I have a hard time believing that since its an NRA article...this is from his site:

PROTECTING GUN RIGHTS
                          Respect the Second Amendment: Millions of hunters and shooters own and use guns each year. Barack
                          Obama believes the Second Amendment creates an individual right, and he respects the constitutional rights of
                          Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase,
                          own, transport, and use guns.

So its probably somewhere in between!
                          No where in his statement does it say WHAT KIND of "guns" he will "protect" and what kind of hoops one will have to jump through to get said "guns".

After all, you're allowed to have "guns" in DC and Kalifornia... just not the same type the rest of the country is allowed to have
                          “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                            No where in his statement does it say WHAT KIND of "guns" he will "protect" and what kind of hoops one will have to jump through to get said "guns".

After all, you're allowed to have "guns" in DC and Kalifornia... just not the same type the rest of the country is allowed to have
                            I love Cali!

Comment

California, what's not to love? Hippies, Leftist extremists, no guns, Liberals, the U.S. Navy all over, what's not to love.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2716 users online. 118 members and 2598 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X