300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The War In Georgia

Listen to this BS, and from a 'friend' no less??

----------------------------------------------------------

US 'can no longer play Big Brother'

Turkish President Abdullah Gul

Sat, 16 Aug 2008 15:00:01 GMT

Turkish President Abdullah Gul says the Georgia conflict has proved that the US could no longer control the entire world from one centre.

In an interview with The Guardian newspaper published on Saturday, President Gul said the conflict in Georgia indicated that Washington could no longer shape global politics on its own, and with other countries.

"A new world order, if I can say it, should emerge" and the United States should begin sharing power in a new world order, he added.

The remarks were made a couple of days after Russia pushed Georgia back from the breakaway region of South Ossetia. Georgia faced a harsh response from Moscow in its military action to retake control of the region last week.

"There are big nations. There are huge populations. There is unbelievable economic development in some parts of the world" the president said.

"So what we have to do is, instead of unilateral actions, act all together, make common decisions and have consultations with the world," Gul concluded.

SB/DA

------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------

*****WARNING - GRAPHIC WAR PHOTOS OF OSSETIA*****

The Vostok Battalion was formed out of men loyal to Chechen President Kadyrov (and thus Moscow). Based in Gudermes, Chechnya, it would have been conveniently closeby for deployment into South Ossetia.

Chechens are likely the most feared fighters of the Caucasus and so painting "Chechnya" and "Vostok" on the side of their vehicles is probably a combination of pride and the hope that it would strike fear into Georgian opponents. Chechen irregulars also fought Georgians in the last round of these wars (1991-1992) which saw South Ossetia and Abkhazia break free from Georgia.
    Vostok just means "east" in Russian; there's also a Zapad (west) Chechen battalion. Note that the Vostok Battalion is a "special" unit, comprised of former Chechen rebels. IOW, not necessarily likely to follow all the rules when it comes to warfare.
    http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1109630.html

Note also the US antitank rocket in picture 59.
    Picture 62 shows a vehicle with, among other things, "Yamadayevtsi" (Yamadayev's men) on it. Yamadayev is commander of the Vostok Battalion.

Note; BMP-3 is an awesome vehicle. Made mince-meat of the Turkish made Okotar Cobra vehicles the Georgians use. Most of Russia's armor dates from the 80s, before the Soviet Union collapsed. What newer stuff they have may not be kept in the Caucasus. As we saw, however, even the 20+ year old stuff was perfectly adequate for the task. "Obsolete" equipment is only a problem if you come across someone with newer.

http://www.navoine.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=551

Turkey isn't so much a friend as someone who simply tolerates us...
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Pshhh that's not graphic, I've seen Iraq pictures worse than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
        Pshhh that's not graphic, I've seen Iraq pictures worse than that.
        Oh yeah !! Well then, take a look at these Russkies!!

****WARNING - ADJUST PACEMAKERS****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabYYdQkS58&NR=1

Varvara sings "Katyusha" a nick-name for a (Multiple Rocket Launcher) made famous by Ivan during World War II.
        Last edited by Stormy; 08-21-2008, 02:51 AM.

Comment

wow......they must be eating better or something over there.....Most of the female Russian soldiers from WWII looked like 'forewoman of tractor factory' types......
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

For the lovers of opera, listen up to Ivan Rebroff, and enjoy is baritone voice. It is the soul of mother Russia. It is the same soul President Bush saw when he looked into Putin's eyes.

Ivan Rebroff - Gory, gory moya zvezda (Shine Bright, Shine Bright my star)
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G0ZJ...eature=related
            Last edited by Stormy; 08-21-2008, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Too bad those women were a publicity stunt to get more women to "volunteer" for the "morale brigade"

Stormy, are you communist?

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
                Too bad those women were a publicity stunt to get more women to "volunteer" for the "morale brigade"

Stormy, are you communist?
                I knew you were brainless, but that remark settles that question. No, I'm not a communist. Why? You don't like to see pictures of pretty women? Pictures available on the internet? You don't like to see pictures of Russian heavy weapons? It's all on the world-wide net. Or, haven't you noticed? You seem pretty knowledegable of their weapons, so I post a few for a change, besides the usual BS prevalent on this forum.

I happen to have studied World War II history in University. I also happen to speak Russian and Ukrainian, because of my parents who were both born in Ukraine. Back in 1976, I applied in a student co-op program to work at the CIA headquarters in Langley. I wasn't accepted because of my age. I was an older Vietnam vet getting my undergraduate degree in Journalism. They thought my age was a factor.

My friend was a night editor for Reuters in their New York office, and had many connections with major news agencies; NBC, CBS, ABC, etc. I personally met a few nightly news commentators, through my friend, who worked at these firms. I would've worked for NBC in Moscow, as an interpreter for them at the 1980 Olympics, but we all know what happened to that.

Justhomp, you've just proved to me how ignorant you are by asking that question.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                  I knew you were brainless, but that remark settles that question. No, I'm not a communist. Why? You don't like to see pictures of pretty women? Pictures available on the internet? You don't like to see pictures of Russian heavy weapons? It's all on the world-wide net. Or, haven't you noticed? You seem pretty knowledegable of their weapons, so I post a few for a change, besides the usual BS prevalent on this forum.

I happen to have studied World War II history in University. I also happen to speak Russian and Ukrainian, because of my parents who were both born in Ukraine. Back in 1976, I applied in a student co-op program to work at the CIA headquarters in Langley. I wasn't accepted because of my age. I was an older Vietnam vet getting my undergraduate degree in Journalism. They thought my age was a factor.

My friend was a night editor for Reuters in their New York office, and had many connections with major news agencies; NBC, CBS, ABC, etc. I personally met a few nightly news commentators, through my friend, who worked at these firms. I would've worked for NBC in Moscow, as an interpreter for them at the 1980 Olympics, but we all know what happened to that.

Justhomp, you've just proved to me how ignorant you are by asking that question.
                  LMAO!

See what happens when you leave out a

LOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6444 users online. 377 members and 6067 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X