• No restriction on drilling for oil anywhere it can be found
    • Two new army divisions created for borders of Mexico and Canada
    • Zero federal funding for art
    • Zero federal funds to states allowing abortion
    • Zero federal funds to states w/o capitol punishment
    • Zero federal funds to santuary cities
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

No "permits" required for any firearms
    Capitol punishment swift and sure - same method as homicide
    These are the only two I'm going to address because the others just come across as either completely unimportant to me OR completely ridiculous and hence not worth the effort discussing. Except for the income tax thing...that one is actually a good idea I think.

Weapon permits: I think permits are a good thing...granted the criminals will still get their weapons some way, but we don't have to make it easy for them. Felons, those with severe mental illness, etc should not have guns...Furthermore no one should be allowed to buy one without first attending a class on their proper use and maintenance.

Capital punishment: I support it, but NOT using the same method as they used on their victims. To me, capital punishement should be used strictly for the purpose of "euthanizing" people who are either too dangerous or too insane to be allowed loose in society. It should be quick and painless...When you get into using the same method they used on their victim, that reeks of vengeance, and I don't believe our government should stoop to that level.

Comment

• No "permits" required for any firearms

Agree.
      • Capitol punishment swift and sure - same method as homicide

Agree.
      • 20% reduction in personal income tax

60% reduction in personal
      100% reduction in Federal
      • National 1% sales tax - strictly to be used for military enhancement

10% sales tax - strictly to be used for disabled American veterans

Agree.

Bring home troops from around the world and assign along the Mexican and Canadian borders. Troops to be paid by each of the respective states bordering those countries.

No federal Funding whatsoever.

No federal funding whatsoever.

No federal funding whatsoever.[/LIST]

NO FEDERAL TAXES. PERIOD.

Comment

Gotta say I like it.

No permits for firearms? That may be a bit extreme, not sure I would be comfortable with complete free trade of firearms, just walk in and take your pick. Loose control though, but some.

Comment

Hmm... I've never heard anyone say Zero federal funding for anything.
          I mean do you want a very weak federal government is that what you're shooting for? Hmm.. is that libertarian?
          Ah well.... I like yours better than1042 Troopers
          WTH? Why the hard on about Art? How the heck does that fall in with abortion?
          It is a good idea though, I was thinking about making a "New America: lets revise" thread. You kinda bea me to it.
          Originally posted by Stormy View Post

Agree.

Agree.

Agree.

Bring home troops from around the world and assign along the Mexican and Canadian borders. Troops to be paid by each of the respective states bordering those countries.

They will all look up to me and shout, "Save us!", and I will whisper back... "No."

LAW is not JUSTICE

Comment

Hmm. I guess you'd still have background checks to determine who is allowed to just walk in and buy a gun. I'd prefer a better armed responsible public. I've often wondered what a society would be like if everyone owned a handgun, either by choice or by government mandate. Sorta like the militia days of yore even. But definitely expedite the process, make it easier for the responsible non-criminal minded to own.

Capital Punishment - A big + on that. But not just there. Let the punishment fit the crime for all crimes. When a person can no longer be a productive member of society, but instead becomes a burden on society, that person should be removed from that society in the most expedient and efficient means possible.

Income Tax - I could see it being lowered some, but really don't have a problem with it as is.

I do agree with a national sales tax, say 1%. I'm betting that most Americans would actually be in favor of this if it were used for say, reduction of the federal deficit. Of course, with government corruption, it would end up in some pork barrel project instead of going where it's earmarked.

Assuming the 1% Federal Sales Tax, an additional 10% Sales Tax, presumably State, would be excessive. Perhaps it would float if it were coupled with the Fed Tax to equal a flat 10%.

Ya know, I understand where the environmentalists are coming from arguing against oil drilling. HOWEVER, the technology has long been in place that minimizes the damage done to local ecosystems resulting from drilling operations, offshore or otherwise. Those resources that lie within our territories should be utilized for the betterment of our nation. Instead, we have other countries that are tapping into those same resources just on the edge of our borders. More research also needs to be done on methods of extraction for the vast oil resources that we have but haven't been able to get at.

Military divisions for border security, agreed. As for the border states being the only ones to pay for it, no. Every state benefits from tighter borders, and a national military should be funded from the national budget. Also, beef up the Coast Guard and their anti-drug operations. Give them frickin' torpedoes and stealthed speed boats with .50 cal machine guns!

Yes, bring home the troops and let's quit trying to solve the worlds problems when we have enough of our own that aren't being solved.

Screw federal funding for the arts. Private funding only, or sell your stuff to make money.

Abortion is a touchy issue that I feel should be left to the individuals conscience. That should be between them and God, not between them and the government. Either way, it sure as heck shouldn't be government regulated/funded/whatever.

Capital Punishment should be a federally regulated act, not state. Keep the pieces of crap from running to a state where they feel safe. We already have too many criminals that function better in jail than out. Just make it swift and sure. Wrongly convicted? What was your prior history like? How are you associated with the crime? I would imagine the number of wrongly convicted individuals would not only go down drastically, but in a totalitarian state that I would envision, the numbers would be acceptable. (Ooh, that'll **** a lot of folks off!)

No federal taxes. Wow. Umm, just can't imagine that one. Where does our federal government get its budget from? I realize taxes are not the only source of federal income, but it's still a significant amount. Correct if I'm wrong of course.
            Shhh...my common sense is tingling!

The beer is more important than you right now.

Comment

I'm 9 for 10 on your list... My only difference is abortion. I'm pro-choice AS LONG AS it's within the first trimester. After that... no abortion.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post

Disagree. I'm pro-gun but allowing anyone with half a brain to carry a gun is not wise. Clean record and sane. Absolutely. Long sheet or a whacko. No way.

Agree. Eye for an Eye.

Get rid of the IRS and all payroll tax. But raise the retail tax. Just tax things that are purchased.

Agree.

Agree. Funny how the Democrats are starting to come around in an election year when they hear that 70% of Americans are for off shore drilling.

Disagree. Beefing up the Border Patrol and giving them more freedom and power is the way to go.

I don't know what this means but ok I agree.

I'm republican but pro-choice. But I agree that federal funding shouldn't be given.

I don't think it should be left up to the state anyway. I beleive in Capital Punishment and it should be Federaly mandated.

Absolutely agree. And the San Fransico mayor should be indicted for ignoring federal immigration law.

Comment

k go!

1042 4 prez!
                  "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

WOW very interesting

Comment

Eh, can't say we agree completely...

One issue, we can't have the active military on the borders gents. Against the law. How about using the National Guard more? How about the states that use their guard in border protection capacity (with federal LE) get extra $$$ from the government?
                      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by Guams View Post
                        I'm 9 for 10 on your list... My only difference is abortion. I'm pro-choice AS LONG AS it's within the first trimester. After that... no abortion.
                        Okay everyone...I do not want this to turn into an abortion thread...but Adam I can't resist...

On day 90, it's okay to destroy a baby, but on day 91, it isn't? Hmmmmm?
                        The All New
                        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by JMTX View Post
                          These are the only two I'm going to address because the others just come across as either completely unimportant to me OR completely ridiculous and hence not worth the effort discussing. Except for the income tax thing...that one is actually a good idea I think.

Weapon permits: I think permits are a good thing...granted the criminals will still get their weapons some way, but we don't have to make it easy for them. Felons, those with severe mental illness, etc should not have guns...Furthermore no one should be allowed to buy one without first attending a class on their proper use and maintenance.

Capital punishment: I support it, but NOT using the same method as they used on their victims. To me, capital punishement should be used strictly for the purpose of "euthanizing" people who are either too dangerous or too insane to be allowed loose in society. It should be quick and painless...When you get into using the same method they used on their victim, that reeks of vengeance, and I don't believe our government should stoop to that level.
                          Little lady, I gotta say the new avatar is freakin' me out.

As to ridiculous - c'mon, which ones are ridiculous. Let's rumble here.
                          The All New
                          - M1Garand

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post

Agree.

Agree.

Agree.

How dare you adulterize my thread!
                            The All New
                            - M1Garand

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                              Gotta say I like it.

No permits for firearms? That may be a bit extreme, not sure I would be comfortable with complete free trade of firearms, just walk in and take your pick. Loose control though, but some.
                              Permits no - the 2nd Amendment is our permit. I AM for instant background checks, etc., but not a waiting period. Perhaps mone day the technology will allow a "real" background sweep instantly. That would be a good thing. No felons or fruitcakes.

But NO FREAKIN' PERMITS!
                              The All New
                              - M1Garand

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5956 users online. 348 members and 5608 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X