Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Americans no longer a majority by 2042

Just read this on yahoo.

White Americans no longer a majority by 2042 By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - White people will no longer make up a majority of Americans by 2042, according to new government projections. That's eight years sooner than previous estimates, made in 2004.

ADVERTISEMENT

The nation has been growing more diverse for decades, but the process has sped up through immigration and higher birth rates among minority residents, especially Hispanics.

It is also growing older.

"The white population is older and very much centered around the aging baby boomers who are well past their high fertility years," said William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank. "The future of America is epitomized by the young people today. They are basically the melting pot we are going to see in the future."

The Census Bureau Thursday released population projections through 2050, based on rates for births, deaths and immigration. They are subject to big revisions, depending on immigration policy, cultural changes and natural or manmade disasters.

The U.S. has nearly 305 million people today. The population is projected to hit 400 million in 2039 and 439 million in 2050.

That's like adding all the people from France and Britain, said Steve A. Camarota, director of research at the Center for Immigration Studies, a Washington group that advocates tighter immigration policies.

White non-Hispanics make up about two-thirds of the population, but only 55 percent of those younger than 5.

By 2050, whites will make up 46 percent of the population and blacks will make up 15 percent, a relatively small increase from today. Hispanics, who make up about 15 percent of the population today, will account for 30 percent in 2050, according to the new projections.

Asians, which make up about 5 percent of the population, are projected to increase to 9 percent by 2050.

The population 85 and older is projected to more than triple by 2050, to 19 million.

___

Whew... i'm glad i'm mixed...

But then again i'll probly be dead by 2042

Comment

The only thing scary about that article is 400 million Americans by 2042.

Comment

What About Me Guys?

Comment

Just wait until 2017, when large scale african immigration into the US occurs. At that point the black population will sharply increase and surpass the hispanic population.

Also we should take into account the civil war of 2036-2040 in which the northern states secede from the union and form their own country.

Oh and since we are playing crystal ball here, I should mention that the US is completely dissolved in the year 2113 after being invaded by Israel.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I concur.

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            Just wait until 2017, when large scale african immigration into the US occurs. At that point the black population will sharply increase and surpass the hispanic population.

Also we should take into account the civil war of 2036-2040 in which the northern states secede from the union and form their own country.

Oh and since we are playing crystal ball here, I should mention that the US is completely dissolved in the year 2113 after being invaded by Israel.

Comment

Yeah this article is a joke, we can't predict the weather at the end of the week, much less the population in 30+ years. There are a billion factors that could determine everything. Do you think in the 1960's anyone thought that there would be such huge growth in the Hispanic population?

Who knows, we might face a crisis in our future that actually causes population decline.
              What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I think the Asians will outnumber the Africans in the US.

Of course, the original settlers were Asian anyway, and they became the Hispanics.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                  I think the Asians will outnumber the Africans in the US.

Of course, the original settlers were Asian anyway, and they became the Hispanics.
                  Uh.....no! Original settlers were white. Then came the Asians/Indians.

Comment

All I know is, you can't even buy a pack of gum at 7-11 without speaking some foreign language. And that's today!

As to the future, who cares. God (and I) love the wonderous variety of mankind. It's fun to meet and know and befriend folks of other persuasions, religions, racial make up and ancestory.

SO LONG AS THEY ARE US CITIZENS OR TRYING TO BE, LEGALLY!

And, ultimately, you young guns will have to make it work. I'll be either dead or 90 somnething then.
                    The All New
                    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Nothing I'm worried about... it's funny to see some people actually scared over this, as if a majority other than white is going to put all whites into camps and destroy the world or something. I don't think it will matter, other than the fact Democrats will probably come up with every election. So...

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                        I don't think it will matter, other than the fact Democrats will probably come up with every election. So...
                        Therein lies the scary part.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleguy View Post
                          Therein lies the scary part.
                          Just remember that the republicans used to be a more liberal party, so maybe in 40 years, the democrats will be the conservatives
                          What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5012 users online. 331 members and 4681 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X