300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Suburbs Repeal Handgun Bans

Evanston bites the bullet and accepts the new Supreme Court ban on unreasonable gun bans.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,7386423.story

Just like Morton Grove Grove did a few weeks earlier.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5742213.story

(The Evanston action is more recent; the Morton Grove action was toward the end of July.)

The Morton Grove case was the one in which HCI filed an amicus curiae brief that was referred to by the the Supreme Court in its denial of a writ of certiorari after the Appellate Court had ruled in favor of the village.

Morton Grove, Evanston, and Wilmette have now changed their rules in the wake of the DC decision, in recognition of NRA lawsuits filed against Chicago suburbs Evanston, Morton Grove, and Oak Park. The article says that Wilmette was not sued because it had already taken steps against enforcing its ban.

Chicago, some California cities, and some other cities, are next.

Yay NRA, and although I don't always like Supreme Court decisions, I say good going regarding the Heller decision.

I believe Daley is feeling the crunch, knowing that he's not going to win this one. I love how the Trib phrased Evanston's gun control laws as "progressive". For the sake of the residents of these cities, I'm grateful that they now have a better opportunity to protect themselves.

Comment

Monty, Not sure how long you've been in Ill, but are you seeing a positive trend toward gun owners rights there ? It seems as though the northern tier states as well as the east coast have been very restrictive in this area. I would like to believe our courts are finally seeing that over regulation of legal gun ownership has created more issues than it has resolved.

Comment

velobard:

Daley has special protection by having special access to the police. One of my buddies got placed for a while on the 2-car 4-man detail assigned to watch his Mom's house. Daley apparently doesn't understand or doesn't care that his policies increase the danger regular folks have to deal with, and impair their ability to be prepared to while being law-abiding still deal with it.

Regards,

Monty
        Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 08-12-2008, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by katseiye View Post
          Monty, Not sure how long you've been in Ill, but are you seeing a positive trend toward gun owners rights there ? It seems as though the northern tier states as well as the east coast have been very restrictive in this area. I would like to believe our courts are finally seeing that over regulation of legal gun ownership has created more issues than it has resolved.
          I think Illinois is still trying to be overly restrictive. As for East coast states, I think Vermont isn't overly restrictive. I agree with you about the restrictions being counterproductive.

Regards,

Monty

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3715 users online. 138 members and 3577 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X