Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edwards...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Edwards...

    Did I miss the thread? Affair...Liberal...Moral-running base..."change"...I thought this section would have self-imploded by now...

  • #2
    I expected it sooner as well. Was never a supporter, but I don't understand why he did'nt tell the truth. There's a thread elsewhere about politicians not passing LEO standards. Same case here, it's not what one did to get in trouble but how one handles being in trouble. Usually cops get fired for lying about something that would'nt have been that big of a deal. But I sence you're waiting for the conservative condemnation so here goes. Thank gawd he did'nt make it to the White House. Who knows what else he's capable of lying about when he can't even be truthful about an affair that, apparently was already known. Liberals

    How was that?

    Comment


    • #3
      No moral integrity. His wife is at home dying of cancer and this is what he's out doing.

      If this would have been a Republican or a Conservative, the story would have broken 2 years ago..... just on an allegation.
      1*

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree, honesty is not a principle value to some. The clips of him denying the allegations reminded me of Clinton when he was in the middle of lyin- I mean the affair affair. How he vehemently denied the allegations, of course, with Clinton there were two ways we knew he was lying. When he spoke and when he spoke and got mad. The bigger the lie or denial, the bigger show he put on. I'm not even related to him but I was embarassed for him back then. Anyway, Edwards was displaying similar traits during his denial stage. Be honest. You had an affair, ok, your wife was ill, well if she can forgive you then good for both of you, but don't get on tv and act the fool.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PB3021 View Post
          I expected it sooner as well. Was never a supporter, but I don't understand why he did'nt tell the truth. There's a thread elsewhere about politicians not passing LEO standards. Same case here, it's not what one did to get in trouble but how one handles being in trouble. Usually cops get fired for lying about something that would'nt have been that big of a deal. But I sence you're waiting for the conservative condemnation so here goes. Thank gawd he did'nt make it to the White House. Who knows what else he's capable of lying about when he can't even be truthful about an affair that, apparently was already known. Liberals

          How was that?
          [bold highlite mine]

          How much worse would we be compared to the present guy who lied us into a war?

          How was that?

          Comment


          • #6
            Now was this man dishonest to his wife/family or just to the public which unfortunately eats up the personal lives of celebrities, athletes, politicians, etc. via the garbage of mindless mags that hound after these folks to uncover the best dirt possible b/c there's a mindless culture out there that somehow enjoys hearing all the juicy stuff that these people do that is no different than what everyone else does?

            Why is it that the public is owed him embarrassing his family all over again over a personal/family matter??? Does this immoral mistake have anything to do with the public at all or is it a personal failure that should/would've stayed personal if it was not for the hounds & those willing to sell their stories to them for a buck OR the hounds chasing public figures around and scooping up a story for a buck (by being the first to break the story thus making their magazine worth subbing to above the others).

            I can see if he stole money, straight out lied about a policy, or something related to his office but an adulterous affair....interesting subject for me.
            Last edited by jshawn; 08-08-2008, 11:59 PM.

            Tucson Police Department
            07/27/08 : Applied
            09/27/08 : Written Test 89/100
            09/28/08 : PT Test Finished Top 3 In Group A
            09/29/08 : Oral Board I Must've Done Well
            10/03/08 : Eligibility Rank #3 Of 51 Remaining
            10/13/08 : Polygraph Passed
            10/15/08 : BI Initiated

            Arizona Highway Patrol
            08/18/08 : Applied
            10/13/08 : Withdrawn

            Pima County Sheriffs
            10/25/08 : PT Test
            10/25/08 : Written Test
            10/27/08 : Oral Board


            "An Arizona Law Enforcement Hopeful"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Stormy View Post
              [bold highlite mine]

              How much worse would we be compared to the present guy who lied us into a war?

              How was that?
              That was pretty good

              However, the big difference is this. GW did not single handedly come up with a ficticous story of WMD's and lie to Congress or us. This information had been circling the gov't for quite some time and many other politicians (on both sides) believed it as well. The concept that W made all this up, kept it secret (the facts, or lack of them), sold it to congress, without that braintrust figuring it out, is laughable. The point is most politicians thought Hussien needed to be removed, they just would'nt do anything about it. Gore and Hillary immediatley come to mind. The only thing that makes me disrespect a politician more than lying, is them lying about someone else lying.

              In essence that's what every politician who says this about W is doing. Intelligent services gave information, their opinions and it got acted on. Let's not forget that Irag violated post Gulf war restrictions, many, many times, which created an open door to go back in. We did not. And let's not forget when we did go in, the Iragi army was firing missiles at us they were'nt supposed to have anymore. And let's not forget, those of us who get the bulletins, that suicide bomber vests used in Israel were made in Irag. I guess those are'nt WMD's, unless you're in the way of one.

              I've never seen any documentation, video or sworn testimony that indicates W, on his own, deliberatly lied to the American people or to congress to invade Iraq for the hell of it. I can, however, readily find video evidence of one of his opponents and rumor monger, finally admitting to lying to his wife and the American people. The notion that W just up and lied about WMD's and this and that can be directly attributed to his opponents who jumped on board with him when they thought it was politically expedient. And when things got rough they bailed and attacked him and, of course, claimed he lied to them. I also remember seeing and hearing W take responsibilty for the war and it's course. Something I've never seen his opponents ever do, except with Edwards recently (yeah Edwards). Congress has members in committees to inviestigate this sort of thing and I garrauntee you that if there were any evidence W had done what some fantasize about, he'd already been impeached.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jshawn View Post
                Now was this man dishonest to his wife/family or just to the public which unfortunately eats up the personal lives of celebrities, athletes, politicians, etc. via the garbage of mindless mags that hound after these folks to uncover the best dirt possible b/c there's a mindless culture out there that somehow enjoys hearing all the juicy stuff that these people do that is no different than what everyone else does?

                Why is it that the public is owed him embarrassing his family all over again over a personal/family matter??? Does this immoral mistake have anything to do with the public at all or is it a personal failure that should/would've stayed personal if it was not for the hounds & those willing to sell their stories to them for a buck OR the hounds chasing public figures around and scooping up a story for a buck (by being the first to break the story thus making their magazine worth subbing to above the others).

                I can see if he stole money, straight out lied about a policy, or something related to his office but an adulterous affair....interesting subject for me.
                Integrity does not allow for convienence.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PB3021 View Post
                  Integrity does not allow for convienence.
                  Didn't follow your response as it relates to my question (or my rambling rather).

                  To add (not in response to PB3021) it is rather silly that this becomes breaking news when it has little to do w/ the public & the office compared to the well known fact that most politicians (if not all) lie quite easily about things that directly involves the nation/public in multiple ways for their own selfish gains (BOTH conservatives & liberals...don't know how "liberalism" became a part of this issue as if they relate).
                  Last edited by jshawn; 08-09-2008, 12:28 AM.

                  Tucson Police Department
                  07/27/08 : Applied
                  09/27/08 : Written Test 89/100
                  09/28/08 : PT Test Finished Top 3 In Group A
                  09/29/08 : Oral Board I Must've Done Well
                  10/03/08 : Eligibility Rank #3 Of 51 Remaining
                  10/13/08 : Polygraph Passed
                  10/15/08 : BI Initiated

                  Arizona Highway Patrol
                  08/18/08 : Applied
                  10/13/08 : Withdrawn

                  Pima County Sheriffs
                  10/25/08 : PT Test
                  10/25/08 : Written Test
                  10/27/08 : Oral Board


                  "An Arizona Law Enforcement Hopeful"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    He was asked a question related to an affair. He lied. I would be sympathetic had he said the issue was between him and his family or even a no comment. But he went out of his way to lie. I agree that the media is a pain and invades peoples lives in way I can't imagine are necassary. But if you choose to answer a question, you should answer it honestly. Not lie due to the situation.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PB3021 View Post
                      He was asked a question related to an affair. He lied. I would be sympathetic had he said the issue was between him and his family or even a no comment. But he went out of his way to lie. I agree that the media is a pain and invades peoples lives in way I can't imagine are necassary. But if you choose to answer a question, you should answer it honestly. Not lie due to the situation.

                      So in other words answer "no comment" (equals yes i did), "it's a personal matter (equals yes i did but it's not your business), lie OR we could focus on the sad fact of society that gobbles up such nonsense that has nothing to do with the public that pushes the hounds to chase down such PERSONAL matters.

                      Well what can you do, it is what it is with humanity but I have no ill feelings toward him lying as he owed me nothing. He lied to the public that didn't need to know to begin with...so what. It's too bad that he made a personal mistake and his hand was eventually forced to have to answer to (again) a public that had nothing to do with it because a gossip mag hunted him down.

                      In the end I'm more concerned about the lies that actually affect my life told countless times by republicans and democrats that go unchallenged while the news/country focuses on something as miniscule as this. I'd rather have the politicians challenged before the cameras about their constant lies but of course that'll never happen.

                      Tucson Police Department
                      07/27/08 : Applied
                      09/27/08 : Written Test 89/100
                      09/28/08 : PT Test Finished Top 3 In Group A
                      09/29/08 : Oral Board I Must've Done Well
                      10/03/08 : Eligibility Rank #3 Of 51 Remaining
                      10/13/08 : Polygraph Passed
                      10/15/08 : BI Initiated

                      Arizona Highway Patrol
                      08/18/08 : Applied
                      10/13/08 : Withdrawn

                      Pima County Sheriffs
                      10/25/08 : PT Test
                      10/25/08 : Written Test
                      10/27/08 : Oral Board


                      "An Arizona Law Enforcement Hopeful"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Deleting dup post.
                        Last edited by cmr164; 08-09-2008, 04:51 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I remember being told once that Democrats and Republicans both lie about sex. The dems lie about getting it outside the marriage and the repubs lie about getting it at all.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Everything about John Edwards is phoney, what else is there to say about him. He got caught visiting her a few weeks ago, so the affairs been going on over two years. What a slap in the face to his wife. He used her illness to gain political support. Why can't he wait until shes gone, now she has to suffer public humiliation and will be taking that with her.
                            I've seen a few news clips of the girlfriend and she sounds like some fatal attraction nut case.
                            The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
                              No moral integrity. His wife is at home dying of cancer and this is what he's out doing.

                              If this would have been a Republican or a Conservative, the story would have broken 2 years ago..... just on an allegation.
                              Actually, he had the affair before his wife's diagnosis, but nice try.
                              "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3289 users online. 155 members and 3134 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X