Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OBL's Driver---So Whats this 66 Months crap?!?!?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeanG
    replied
    It's not about what we THINK, it's about what we can PROVE. Personally, considering the way the court was setup, along with who made up the jury, I have no problem with the sentence. I was just surprised, considering how long we held him.

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by tehJet View Post

Make no mistake, I'm sure he knew what his boss was up to, but simply driving a car has never warranted life in prison as far as I can remember.
    I have to agree, unless they can prove he was more involved than simply moving from point A to B

Leave a comment:

• tehJet
    replied
    Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
    I couldn't find what happened to Hitlers driver, but, his pilot did 10 years in USSR.
    Yes, and so did thousands of other German soldiers who didn't commit war crimes, but since they were captured by the Soviets...were sent to the gulags.

Hitler's driver was captured but never tried as a war criminal for the simple fact that he was a driver and never planned or took part in war crimes.

Same goes for this Hamdan guy, according to the jury. He drove around bin Laden (guilty of supplying support for terrorism) but didn't actually plan or carry out any attacks (not guilty of conspiracy). Also, it seems he fully cooperated and shared information with the interrorgators(sp?) at Gitmo and may have helped capture or kill higher ranking Al Qaida members.

Make no mistake, I'm sure he knew what his boss was up to, but simply driving a car has never warranted life in prison as far as I can remember.

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
    Thank you, gentlemen. Finally working my dream career.... just hope I become good at what I do. I have a lot of good people to look up to.
    Where at in SD, I went to HS in Sewer City.

Leave a comment:

• Chit2001
    replied
    Thank you, gentlemen. Finally working my dream career.... just hope I become good at what I do. I have a lot of good people to look up to.

Leave a comment:

• velobard
    replied
    Originally posted by kman1981
    congrats, good luck.
    Ditto. Stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• Chit2001
    replied
    Originally posted by kman1981
    hey chit, when did you become a cop? last i saw, you were still applying. got picked up, academy, all that?
    Yup. Just recently. Here (south dakota) we're hired, sworn, typically go through FTO, THEN go to academy. It's a little messed up, but it works for me. Just glad I got hired with my first choice city. TONS of training is staring me in the face over the next 9 months, but I'm up for it.

Leave a comment:

• Chief Wiggum
    replied
    Anyone seen Eastern Promises ? "I am just driver."

Leave a comment:

• Chit2001
    replied
    Originally posted by PB3021 View Post

His dog was sent to the pound for 7 yrs (3 in dog yrs).
    Hey.... he was lucky!

(They executed the cat)

Leave a comment:

• PB3021
    replied
    Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
    I couldn't find what happened to Hitlers driver, but, his pilot did 10 years in USSR.
    His dog was sent to the pound for 7 yrs (3 in dog yrs).

Leave a comment:

• Southflaguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
    That's a convenient excuse that's been used for years....

Ever heard of the Nuremberg trials?
    Al Qaida is just a well formed group...They probably asked the guy if he wanted a job, drive and don't ask any question...I bet he didn't even know where he was going or who he was picking up....He's a nobody in Al Qaida, he's no KSM...Again, I'm no expert and could be way off...

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPat View Post
    There is a difference between gassing Jews and just driving somebody around...

Leave a comment:

• velobard
    replied
    It will be interesting to see whether this guy turns up on the radar again after he's released.

Leave a comment:

• Chit2001
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPat View Post
    There is a difference between gassing Jews and just driving somebody around...
    Completely irrelevant.

My point was that "I was following orders" and "I was just doing what I was told" is an excuse that has been used over and over to get people out of trouble. Oh, and not everyone at Nuremberg was accused of gassing Jewish people.

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    replied
    ............He has been imprisoned at the U.S. military detention center since 2002 and has been credited with 61 months served. That means that he has five months left to serve..........

Well, that didn't go well.....But so be it. Release him when his time is up.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2635 users online. 150 members and 2485 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X