X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katseiye
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPat View Post
    The Mexican government that is complaining now is the same Mexican government that recently released the drug smuggler who murdered a Border Patrol Agent in Yuma. They are also the same Mexican government whose military made an incursion into the U.S. on Sunday where they held a Border Patrol Agent at gunpoint on U.S. territory At this point we should not care what the Mexican government's opinion is on anything.
    Exactly,

And is it any wonder that crime and murder is so rampant throughout most of that country

Leave a comment:

• BrickCop
    replied
    We should've sent the execution bill to the Mexican government. They have a right to voice their support for rapist killers, we have the right to mete out justice on said rapist killers.

Leave a comment:

• Chiron
    replied
    Originally posted by pulicords View Post
    My suggestion to Mexico: If you don't like us executing Mexican murderers in the US, then why don't you get back at us by executing US murderers in Mexico?
    That is the greatest suggestion I've heard in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dude View Post
    Yes, but they have life in a Mexican prison, which could be argued is a fate worse than death.
    Actually, "Life" (in Mexico) isn't what we'd consider a "Life" sentence (in the U.S.). Mexican "lifers" can and do regularly obtain release after being sentenced for serious crimes such as murder. Their supreme (not capitalized intentionally) court declared that the U.S. sentence of "Life" (without possibility of parole) is so cruel, that they refused to extradite murder suspects to our country that faced that penalty. If you have the money and/or connections, buying one's way out of the court system or jail/prison is an accepted norm. It's just a matter there of letting any adverse publicity die down.

My suggestion to Mexico: If you don't like us executing Mexican murderers in the US, then why don't you get back at us by executing US murderers in Mexico?
    Last edited by pulicords; 08-11-2008, 02:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by Munlaw
    Mexico doesn't have the death penalty...
    Yes, but they have life in a Mexican prison, which could be argued is a fate worse than death.

Leave a comment:

• Southflaguy
    replied
    At least we put them to sleep so the prisoner doesn't feel anything...Go see how they do it in Saudi Arabia...

Leave a comment:

• Chiron
    replied
    Originally posted by Munlaw
    Mexico doesn't have the death penalty...
    I didn't know that before...it's very surprising to me but I know now...

Leave a comment:

• KapsFB
    replied
    Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
    I believe this constitutes an act of war...why not go ahead take the country over...save us a lot of money in the long run...
    Yeah. That's all we need. Another f'n barrio. Mexico is a S-hole country with a S-hole government and mostly S-hole people.

I love it when other countries complain about how horrible the USA is but guess what? They still come streaming in by the millions.

Maybe we should just turn Mexico into a big parking lot. The landscaping around it would be stellar.

Leave a comment:

• BigTrooper
    replied
    It gets pretty old when other countries condemn us for things like this. In Mexico, and a great many other countries, illegal immigrants have no rights. Any citizen can arrest the illegal, bring them to the government, who in turn summarily deports them without due process. Yet, they lecture us on our treatment of illegal aliens, who enjoy full protection from our Constitution even though they are not citizens. They also have the added protection of their Consulate coming to tell them about all of their rights, and filing paperwork for them. (Many countries are "mandatory notification of Consulate" countries).

If you are going to enjoy the protection of our Constitution and our laws when you are not a citizen, then you are subject to all the penalties associated with violating said laws and the rights of others. A murderer is a murderer. It matters not what nationality he is. He committed his crime here, and he picked the wrong state. Such is life.

Many countries do not have the death penalty and dare to lecture us on our use of it. France comes to mind (anyone say Gulliotine or Inquisition?)

BTW, last I checked, having armed, uniformed members of a country's military entering a soverign nation and holding one of it's citizens at gunpoint was a blatant act of war. I read an article about the recent incident, and a Border Patrol official was quoted as saying, "We have had zero Canadian military incursions [in the last few decades], none." Why the disparity between the two borders?

Leave a comment:

• BigPat
    replied
    Originally posted by FoxNews Article
    Portions of the Tohono O'odham reservation's 75-mile border with Mexico have been reinforced with vehicle barriers or other fencing to keep out illegal immigrants and drug smugglers. But other areas on the reservation and other stretches of border either have only barbed wire or no markers at all, making it hard to distinguish the boundary.

"There are places where there are no markers, at least not easily found," said Lloyd Easterling, a Border Patrol spokesman in Washington. "There's no line painted in the sand or anything like that."
    I hate to call BS on our own government, but in the area that this incident occurred there is a barbed wire fence, a clearly marked border road, as well as monuments that mark the actual line (the fence is like 15 feet north of the actual border line). There should have been no confusion at all on what side they were on.

Leave a comment:

• PB3021
    replied
    Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
    If Mexico doesn't want the US to execute it's citizens, then they should work on :

1. Keeping their citizens from illegally immigrating here
    2. Keep their citizens from murdering US citizens while here

I personally don't agree with the death penalty, however if you don't like it, stay in Mexico.
    I agree with the death penalty, but the I'm 100% with points 1 and 2.

Leave a comment:

• TheKansan
    replied
    Originally posted by Vtoxic
    That is one country I dont want to have anything to do with.....bunch of hypocritical crooked ignorant slobs...all of them.
    Leave your stereotypes out of this discussion. If you don't agree with their political/social stances fine, but generalizing by calling all mexicans names isn't right.

Leave a comment:

• Chit2001
    replied
    The Mexican government that is complaining now is the same Mexican government that recently released the drug smuggler who murdered a Border Patrol Agent in Yuma. They are also the same Mexican government whose military made an incursion into the U.S. on Sunday where they held a Border Patrol Agent at gunpoint on U.S. territory At this point we should not care what the Mexican government's opinion is on anything.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399201,00.html

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    I believe this constitutes an act of war...why not go ahead take the country over...save us a lot of money in the long run...

Leave a comment:

• Southflaguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    Y que?

(And so?)

Tu no le gusta la ley in Los Esatado Unidos...en particular, del estado de Tajas...no crusar el frontera y matar las senoritas.

(If you don't like the laws of the U.S....in particular, the state of Texas...don't cross the border and kill young women.)

PS: Take that, Senator Obama!

Oh and yeah, JLR80....who is she?????????
    Not bad Kieth... The Mexican government is a joke...If Mexico had the death penalty it would be a better country...There not one day that goes by you don't hear on the (Spanish) news of police officers, chief of police,civilians being killed by violent drug orginizations...I'm willing to bet some Mexican officals get a cut from drug sales...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4485 users online. 285 members and 4200 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X