Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

freedom of speech

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • freedom of speech

    So, the whole Imus thing is a few weeks old now. Yeah, his remarks were crap but lets be honest: had a black radio station made the remarks, no one would have noticed. Why is that? Why does the double standard still exist? Is it PC still in action? Or is it 'white guilt'? Why do black leaders let these comments go unheard when someone like Chris Rock makes them?
    I'm not trying to turn this into a black/white issue, but considering the amount of criticism that came from black leaders, the parallell is too obvious to not see it in this case.
    What about Rosie's comments denouncing Christianity as being as dangerous as radical Muslims? Why hadn't anyone sensored her off of 'The View'? What about the 'white jokes' that are ok to fly by comedians, but the second a white comedian (Kramer) fires back, is vilified?
    Ever heard Ice Cube's Death Certificate? That is one of the more racist cd's you can get on the open market. Not only to whites, but to asians as well. What about the single, 'Cave Bitch', from Lethal Injection, which is a direct slam at white women? Why wasn't there anything said then?

    Just curious at some of the social hypocrisy coming to a head lately.
    For those who want to argue religion, my views are in the sig. This avoids days of repetition and is convenient. Thanks and good luck in your quest.

    Answering Infidels
    Faith issues
    Challenging hardcore atheism
    Reasonable Faith

  • #2
    Originally posted by MDS View Post
    What about Rosie's comments denouncing Christianity as being as dangerous as radical Muslims? Why hadn't anyone sensored her off of 'The View'?
    The reason is criticizing Christianty is in vogue among liberals these days. It is not only tolerated but indeed welcomed.... just another example of their blatant hipocracy...They preach tolerance but practice intolerance.
    Jubilant Patriotic Republican

    America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

    Comment


    • #3
      Boy I tell ya its to the point now where if your a white person and you say something that is somewhat questionable you get attacked! Now Im not any kind of racist, but for me even saying what I just did puts me in a bad spot. Liberals and Secular Progressives love to attack anyone BUT minorities! Now everyone is scared that they may OFFEND someone. Its getting worse, but like you say all these rappers can say whatever they want and the ACLU, NAACP, and Al Sharpton ( the biggest racist in America) will protect them. Pretty soon our country is gonna be like Great Brittain.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by blackwaterops View Post
        Boy I tell ya its to the point now where if your a white person and you say something that is somewhat questionable you get attacked! Now Im not any kind of racist, but for me even saying what I just did puts me in a bad spot.
        You're right about that. Here's a great example: A couple of months back, I was sitting in my car BS'ing with what is now a good friend that I went through the Academy with and he's a black male. He made the comment that he is 'pro-black' as we were talking about something or other. I didn't follow up on it but have wanted to approach him about it again, as I'm curious what exactly that means. We've been on numerous calls together and he's never shown favoritism to anyone of color that I've noticed, nor has he treated non-blacks badly. The point to this story is that I wonder how the reaction would be if I said that I was 'pro-white' to someone of color?
        Just curious.
        For those who want to argue religion, my views are in the sig. This avoids days of repetition and is convenient. Thanks and good luck in your quest.

        Answering Infidels
        Faith issues
        Challenging hardcore atheism
        Reasonable Faith

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MDS View Post
          You're right about that. Here's a great example: A couple of months back, I was sitting in my car BS'ing with what is now a good friend that I went through the Academy with and he's a black male. He made the comment that he is 'pro-black' as we were talking about something or other. I didn't follow up on it but have wanted to approach him about it again, as I'm curious what exactly that means. We've been on numerous calls together and he's never shown favoritism to anyone of color that I've noticed, nor has he treated non-blacks badly. The point to this story is that I wonder how the reaction would be if I said that I was 'pro-white' to someone of color?
          Just curious.
          Oh man you say your pro white and jesse jackson, and al sharpton come knockin at your door.

          Comment


          • #6
            jesse jackson, and al sharpton come knockin at your door.
            I'd love to "speak" with them. One at a time , in my backyard.
            Can't we all just GET ALONG?
            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

            Douglas MacArthur

            Comment


            • #7
              Apathy

              Originally posted by MDS View Post
              So, the whole Imus thing is a few weeks old now. Yeah, his remarks were crap but lets be honest: had a black radio station made the remarks, no one would have noticed. Why is that? Why does the double standard still exist? Is it PC still in action? Or is it 'white guilt'? Why do black leaders let these comments go unheard when someone like Chris Rock makes them?
              I'm not trying to turn this into a black/white issue, but considering the amount of criticism that came from black leaders, the parallell is too obvious to not see it in this case.
              What about Rosie's comments denouncing Christianity as being as dangerous as radical Muslims? Why hadn't anyone sensored her off of 'The View'? What about the 'white jokes' that are ok to fly by comedians, but the second a white comedian (Kramer) fires back, is vilified?
              Ever heard Ice Cube's Death Certificate? That is one of the more racist cd's you can get on the open market. Not only to whites, but to asians as well. What about the single, 'Cave Bitch', from Lethal Injection, which is a direct slam at white women? Why wasn't there anything said then?

              Just curious at some of the social hypocrisy coming to a head lately.
              The reason there is such a double standard is because most whites are too apathetic and dont voice their distaste when comedians stand on stage and call us crackers so it will continue. I dont accept it in my home is how I try to make a difference. I get rid of networks like HBO even though I like the soprano's because of idiots like Bill Mahr spouting off antamerican antichristian and antipolice rhetoric. Grown Men and women need to let their voices be heard when the subject appears and stick to their positions on the double standard of Blacks trashing whites even if as a joke, not because they freak out when people like Imus or Krammer have moments but because it's unacceptable behaviour by any race. However the first ammendment is there for a reason. I may agree you have the right to spew your crap on the air ways and I have the right to voice what an idiot you are and turn you off and try to keep it from my family. I think if Imus really wanted to be admired, which I dont because he's a liberal hippie throw back, he should stand in front of Larry King or Oreily and announce to Sharpton and everyone that what he said was in a joking fashion, and quite honestly a bunch of afroamerican women sweating on a basketball court would cause "nappy hair" and so what? Imus should stand up and say I was joking it was part of my program and If you dont like it then don't watch it. The Krammer deal he should have said Sorry for the rant but you guys made me mad with the heckling and I should have been above you. And in no way are those guys due any money. Tough crap. You go into a comedy club, you risk being a target for all kinds of reasons. People just need to say "No" shut up. I dont agree. No, shut up. Dial 1800 waaaahhhh...This is america. The land of choice.
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

              Comment


              • #8
                I dont much care what anyone says.

                Fact of the matter is...
                the WHITE MAN has most of the guns.

                When push comes to shove, all that other crap aint gonna matter...
                "The American People will never knowingly adopt Socialism. Under the name of "liberalism" they will adopt every segment of the socialist program,until one day America will be a socialist nation without knowing how it happened."

                Norman Thomas

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MDS View Post
                  You're right about that. Here's a great example: A couple of months back, I was sitting in my car BS'ing with what is now a good friend that I went through the Academy with and he's a black male. He made the comment that he is 'pro-black' as we were talking about something or other. I didn't follow up on it but have wanted to approach him about it again, as I'm curious what exactly that means. We've been on numerous calls together and he's never shown favoritism to anyone of color that I've noticed, nor has he treated non-blacks badly. The point to this story is that I wonder how the reaction would be if I said that I was 'pro-white' to someone of color?
                  Just curious.
                  Was you're 'good friends' comment a 'fascinating admission of bigotry'? Is that one of the US born people that you've been talking to?
                  Last edited by tony.o; 05-15-2007, 01:29 AM.
                  The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tony.o View Post
                    Was you're 'good friends' comment a 'fascinating admission of bigotry'? Is that one of the US born people that you've been talking to?

                    If I thought that, I would have said so, but thanks for the helpful input. And yes, he was born here so I guess my lower-caste status puts me below him, right? You've already admitted that in another thread, so please don't try to jack this one here with your garbage.
                    For those who want to argue religion, my views are in the sig. This avoids days of repetition and is convenient. Thanks and good luck in your quest.

                    Answering Infidels
                    Faith issues
                    Challenging hardcore atheism
                    Reasonable Faith

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MDS View Post
                      So, the whole Imus thing is a few weeks old now. Yeah, his remarks were crap but lets be honest: had a black radio station made the remarks, no one would have noticed. Why is that? Why does the double standard still exist? Is it PC still in action? Or is it 'white guilt'? Why do black leaders let these comments go unheard when someone like Chris Rock makes them?
                      I'm not trying to turn this into a black/white issue, but considering the amount of criticism that came from black leaders, the parallell is too obvious to not see it in this case.
                      What about Rosie's comments denouncing Christianity as being as dangerous as radical Muslims? Why hadn't anyone sensored her off of 'The View'? What about the 'white jokes' that are ok to fly by comedians, but the second a white comedian (Kramer) fires back, is vilified?
                      Ever heard Ice Cube's Death Certificate? That is one of the more racist cd's you can get on the open market. Not only to whites, but to asians as well. What about the single, 'Cave Bitch', from Lethal Injection, which is a direct slam at white women? Why wasn't there anything said then?

                      Just curious at some of the social hypocrisy coming to a head lately.
                      Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is coming from the same person who started the anti-gun, anti second amendment thread? What, do we pick and choose our amendments and then you write hypocrisy? Interesting!!
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by j706 View Post
                        Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is coming from the same person who started the anti-gun, anti second amendment thread? What, do we pick and choose our amendments and then you write hypocrisy? Interesting!!
                        If you think I'm anti-gun, you're ignorant. Sorry to be so blunt.
                        For those who want to argue religion, my views are in the sig. This avoids days of repetition and is convenient. Thanks and good luck in your quest.

                        Answering Infidels
                        Faith issues
                        Challenging hardcore atheism
                        Reasonable Faith

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MDS View Post
                          If you think I'm anti-gun, you're ignorant. Sorry to be so blunt.
                          OK I must be a stupid ignorant fool because YOU are Anti gun. Go home!
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MDS View Post
                            If you think I'm anti-gun, you're ignorant. Sorry to be so blunt.
                            You are horribly anti gun. How can you not admit this? Anyone who wants to see, go to the gun control thread.
                            Space for rent .........

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You are horribly anti gun. How can you not admit this? Anyone who wants to see, go to the gun control thread.
                              I don't think he's anti-gun, I think he has a misinterpreted Biblical view that he's somehow in a position of authority, which can come to be expected from someone from socialist Canada. Once he realizes he's a civil servant, someone who works for us, not our big brother, he'll straighten out. Give him a little time. The Alabama folk will fix him

                              He doesn't seem to realize that the only way to enforce the 1st Amendment (and all others) inevitably relies on the 2nd Amendment.
                              Last edited by BlackOp; 05-27-2007, 12:32 PM.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5793 users online. 348 members and 5445 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X