Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this enough Probable Cause for Search Warrant? Possible 4th amendment violation?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this enough Probable Cause for Search Warrant? Possible 4th amendment violation?

Hi,

My name is Doug and I am beginning my career in LE. Currently a student and we are studying civil rights and search warrants. Professor gave us an essay question and I am researching. My hunch is there needs to be a little more before applying for warrant. The affidavit is summed up as following. Rest of affidavit is boilerplate to officers experience etc. no further surveillance, and none watching him placing garbage.

5/2016 ANonymous tip stating "200 plants being grown at 123 main st by John Doe"

5/2016 Trash pull finding high times and empty seed package. no THC . Indices of residency found in same bag.

meanwhile John doe moved....

6/2016 trash pull at new residence, 4 bags in can. 3 white bags, one black one. Inside white bags were common household trash with indices or mail. In black bag, .01 grams of thc, fertilizer bottle, but zero items of indices.

7/2016 administrative subpoena for electrical usage confirming high usage.

Warrant issued and grow was discovered. John Doe files motion to suppress. Extra credit if I answer properly if good faith exception would apply....

Why did you steal a members avatar?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• reils49
      reils49 commented
      Editing a comment
      Speaking of that, I still can't figure out where mine went after the great downgrade of '16.

• Iowa #1603
      Iowa #1603 commented
      Editing a comment
      Reils, I just made a new one..............................

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    Why did you steal a members avatar?
    he must have stole mine...

Comment

No. He's a cop. He's been on here a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy Doofy View Post

he must have stole mine...
        I'm thinking that what the OP is saying that HE is "Deputy Doofy".
        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

i kid, I kid! I didnt know someone else had this avatar. For those that dont know, it is a character from a movie. Ill gladly change it if he prefers.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy Doofy View Post
            i kid, I kid! I didnt know someone else had this avatar. For those that dont know, it is a character from a movie. Ill gladly change it if he prefers.
            Yeah, "Scary Movie", now go smell your finger!
            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

We don't do homework for students, but you would have known this if you had bothered to read some. The same applies to the avatar.
              Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
              In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
              Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
              Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Do your own homework. Doing proper research is an important part of understanding the material and being able to apply it.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Tough audience here!

Comment

Originally posted by retired1995 View Post
                    Tough audience here!
                    Yea , we aren't into resurrecting two year old threads either
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Boom!
                      Mic drop...

Comment

Tough audience here!
                        You seem to be reviving a lot of dead threads. Necroposting tends to be frowned upon here. Those who do it are sometimes viewed as folks who just like to hear themselves talk.
                        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

You seem to be reviving a lot of dead threads. Necroposting tends to be frowned upon here. Those who do it are sometimes viewed as folks who just like to hear themselves talk.
                          Thank you for pointing this out to me. I will try to contain my urges in the future.

Comment

Tough audience here!

Thank you for pointing this out to me. I will try to contain my urges in the future.
                            The vast majority of the frequent posters on this forum have been here a while and lets just say the forum is quite well known for not sugar coating our answers.

We also see a lot of school kids (both high school and college) who tend to try our patience at times so we normally try to shut them down fast
                            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8749 users online. 384 members and 8365 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X